Recall that Kwankwaso had held primaries for various elective offices in Kano which were allegedly won by his chosen aspirants, leaving aside other PDP members.
A source within the party confided to Daily Trust yesterday that the former governor sounded the warning of leaving the party during a meeting held at Legacy House, Abuja.
According to the source, the meeting was organised to review the list of aspirants from Kano State. The Senator Mas’ud El-Jibril Doguwa-led faction of the PDP had also conducted its primaries where candidates emerged for various offices.
It was gathered that in order to have a unified house, the Prince Uche Secondus-led National Working Committee (NWC) brought together all the contending factions with a view to having a win-win situation.
The source said, “Kwankwaso told the gathering that any move to remove any member of Kwankwasiyya from the aspirants list will lead to his defection from PDP.
“However, the Doguwa-led faction also threatened to dump the party if the leadership failed to review the list of aspirants.
The meeting ended in a deadlock…
According to him, the leadership of the party in its effort to reconcile the aggrieved members, resolved that the national and state assemblies slots be shared 50-50 between the Kwankwaso and Doguwa factions of the party.
He added that when the meeting reached its peak with no sign of success, the party’s presidential flag bearer and former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar, sent a former minister of Aviation, Mr Osita Benjamin Chidoka, to intervene on his behalf.
He, however, said the former minister also failed to reconcile the contending factions and the meeting ended without yielding any positive result.
Contacted, a strong pillar of the Kwankwasiyya movement, Aminu Abdulsalam, said he was not aware of the meeting.
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- Here are the capitals of the newly created regions
- Ahmed Suale Came To My House Jittering—Nyantakyi
- National Folklore Board Signs Contract To Protect Folklore
- "It's a joy to see my two sons playing for Bayern and Barcelona"- KP Boateng' father
- 'I condemn Nana B for slapping Sammy Gyamfi' - Failed NPP Youth Organizer
- You Have Surprised Me, Ex-President Mahama!
- Menaye shades Asamoah Gyan with photo of Muntari and son plus 'DNA' caption
- Date For 2019 BECE Revised
- Manasseh Azure Awuni exposes corrupt female appointee at Jubilee House
- Police Administration reshuffles senior officers
- Why There Will Not Be Another Biafra
- This is how angry man punished rat for chewing his phone charger
- Step mum who left boy’s hand to rot after cutting it sentenced
- Asamoah Gyan is a disgrace; must be ashamed of himself now – Ghanaians
- FLASHBACK: I'll die for NAM 1 because of his money - Willi Roi
- VIDEO: Anokye Supremo’s body finally arrives in Ghana
- Shatta Wale and Andy Dosty go on a twitter war - both threaten each other for digging their own graves
- I did not justify 'bloody widow' placards – Sam George sets record straight
- Takoradi: Audio Tape Exposes Arrested Kidnapper
- The Oracle Played A Game Of Chess In Dagbon With The Rise Of Naa Abubakari Mahama (Naa Gariba II)
- Hear Ye the Truth, the Family of the Late Tiger Eye PI Journalist Ahmed Hussein-Suale
- 3 reasons why a first degree is not valued in Ghana anymore
- Nkoranza NPP youth defect to NDC over Techiman capital
- Huge Crowd At Agyarko’s Funeral
- Bawumia Attends World Economic Forum
- Police Make Headway In Anas Boy’s Murder
- Concerned Police Officer Writes To The President
- Asabke Breaks Down In Court, Afoko Expresses Outrage
- LIVE UPDATES: Ghana vs Mali (U-20 AFCON)
- FLASHBACK: Jesus' second coming may never happen – Willi Roi
- I exchanged phones with Okyeame Kwame for a week – wife reveals
- Ahead Of 2020 Elections: NPP Activist Dares Mahama To Put His Family At The Battlefront
- GES Directive For WR School Heads
- Chantelle Asante rocks her baby bump on Instagram!
- Pretty Lady Who Just Graduated Dies In Car Crash Few Days To Her Wedding
- Public Workers To Enjoy Digitised Payments From July
- Significance of Nana Addo’s yellow smock at Yaa-Naa’s investiture explained
- Volta Region Erupts For John Mahama
- Kotoko Shops For Holding Midfielder
- Corporal Punishment: Compliance On Ban Needs More Than ‘Threat’ Of Sanction
- Ghana Post MD, New Board Members Meet Asantehene Otumfuo
- Body of football player Emliano Sala found in plane wreckage