Recall that Kwankwaso had held primaries for various elective offices in Kano which were allegedly won by his chosen aspirants, leaving aside other PDP members.
A source within the party confided to Daily Trust yesterday that the former governor sounded the warning of leaving the party during a meeting held at Legacy House, Abuja.
According to the source, the meeting was organised to review the list of aspirants from Kano State. The Senator Mas’ud El-Jibril Doguwa-led faction of the PDP had also conducted its primaries where candidates emerged for various offices.
It was gathered that in order to have a unified house, the Prince Uche Secondus-led National Working Committee (NWC) brought together all the contending factions with a view to having a win-win situation.
The source said, “Kwankwaso told the gathering that any move to remove any member of Kwankwasiyya from the aspirants list will lead to his defection from PDP.
“However, the Doguwa-led faction also threatened to dump the party if the leadership failed to review the list of aspirants.
The meeting ended in a deadlock…
According to him, the leadership of the party in its effort to reconcile the aggrieved members, resolved that the national and state assemblies slots be shared 50-50 between the Kwankwaso and Doguwa factions of the party.
He added that when the meeting reached its peak with no sign of success, the party’s presidential flag bearer and former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar, sent a former minister of Aviation, Mr Osita Benjamin Chidoka, to intervene on his behalf.
He, however, said the former minister also failed to reconcile the contending factions and the meeting ended without yielding any positive result.
Contacted, a strong pillar of the Kwankwasiyya movement, Aminu Abdulsalam, said he was not aware of the meeting.
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- BREAKING: CBN Revokes Skye Bank’s License
- Two Men Fight Over Who'll Sit At Front Seat Of A Bus In Lagos
- How People React To Adebayo Shittu Skipping NYSC
- Why PDP Lost In 2015 But Will Win In 2019 – Kwankwaso
- Nigeria's 3rd Richest Country In Africa, Lagos 4th Richest City
- Hotspots, not trouble spots: Africa seeks tourism boom
- APO: South Africa: President’s coordinating council endorses action in Education, Health and Infrastructure
- Lifestyle: A long-dormant high-speed rail project meant to connect Las Vegas and Southern California has a new owner
- This Beautiful "Young Woman" Is 59 Years Old
- Secret Plot Begins To Remove Saraki, Dogara "Violently"?
- Meet Me In My Office September 20 - Gov. Fayose Writes EFCC
- Oyo Speaker, Minority Leader, Others Decamp To APC, ADC
- 4 People You Shouldn’t Travel With
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- R*pist Terrorizing EKSU Female Students Nabbed, Stripped
- Jimi Agbaje Joins Lagos 2019 Governorship Race
- NASS Approves All President Buhari's Demands On Electoral Act
- Sack Shama DCE - Youth Group To Akufo-Addo
- Licensing Exams Not To Frustrate Teachers
- Mr. President; Financial Sector Crisis – A Quick Fix Or A Right Fix?
- ASA Savings And Loans Presents Scholarship To 20 Students, Mosquito Nets To Clients
- Inlaks Ghana Occupies New office Space to Support Growth
- GIBA Supports Accra Psychiatric Hospital
- ‘Government’s Industrialization Drive Is On Track” – Bawumia
- H Boima Fahnbulleh's Annual Rental of US $50,000.000: A Catastrophe Of The Odd
- Obuasi MCE On ‘My First Day At School’ Tour
- Asokwahene Of New Juaben To Be Honored At 3G Awards In NY
- Security agencies at Tema Port pledge to tackle diversion of cargo
- I miss Anas sometimes – Ken Agyapong
- GPHA donates 10,000 copies of math textbooks in support of Free SHS
- Special Award category for Maritime Journalism instituted by GJA
- Ghana Shippers’ Authority holds sixth maritime seminar for Journalists
- GRA shares vision in media engagement
- B5 Plus extends its reach, opens new factory in Prampram
- Government begins pilot to digitise NHIS cards
- Steady progress on the pitch at Accra Sports Stadium
- Our value system has broken down – Kojo Yankah
- Rot At Bost: GHc40m BOST money was used to buy fuel for military – MP
- APO: Reunion de haut niveau entre les organisations regionales operant dans la region du Sahel
- Finance: Former GM exec Bob Lutz predicts conspiracy theorists will soon be asking 'Who killed Tesla?' (TSLA)
- Politics: The US looks like the third-wheel after North Korea and South Korea agree to take steps toward denuclearization
- APO: Education emerged as a leading concern during National Council of Provinces (NCOP's) outreach in Johannesburg today