Recall that Kwankwaso had held primaries for various elective offices in Kano which were allegedly won by his chosen aspirants, leaving aside other PDP members.
A source within the party confided to Daily Trust yesterday that the former governor sounded the warning of leaving the party during a meeting held at Legacy House, Abuja.
According to the source, the meeting was organised to review the list of aspirants from Kano State. The Senator Mas’ud El-Jibril Doguwa-led faction of the PDP had also conducted its primaries where candidates emerged for various offices.
It was gathered that in order to have a unified house, the Prince Uche Secondus-led National Working Committee (NWC) brought together all the contending factions with a view to having a win-win situation.
The source said, “Kwankwaso told the gathering that any move to remove any member of Kwankwasiyya from the aspirants list will lead to his defection from PDP.
“However, the Doguwa-led faction also threatened to dump the party if the leadership failed to review the list of aspirants.
The meeting ended in a deadlock…
According to him, the leadership of the party in its effort to reconcile the aggrieved members, resolved that the national and state assemblies slots be shared 50-50 between the Kwankwaso and Doguwa factions of the party.
He added that when the meeting reached its peak with no sign of success, the party’s presidential flag bearer and former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar, sent a former minister of Aviation, Mr Osita Benjamin Chidoka, to intervene on his behalf.
He, however, said the former minister also failed to reconcile the contending factions and the meeting ended without yielding any positive result.
Contacted, a strong pillar of the Kwankwasiyya movement, Aminu Abdulsalam, said he was not aware of the meeting.
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- "I Won’t Die Until You Become President" - Nwabueze to Atiku
- Mahama Was Rushed Into The Presidency
- Ahead Of 2019 Budget: New Taxes, Increases Will Be Unacceptable
- Sodomy Puts Assistant Headmaster Of KUHISS In Trouble
- Strike Action Declared At Laboratory Of U/West Hospital
- Vice President Yemi Osinbajo: A Pastor Only By Name
- Ghana's Ambassador To The US Secures Over $60m Of Scholarship For Ghanaian Students
- Japanese-Ghana School Wins Yosakoi Dance Festival 2018
- OFFICIAL: Ropapa Mensah Joins Nashville SC Permanently
- FG has not released cash for us to complete unemployment report; says NBS Boss
- Sports Tourism: Golf, More Than Just A Game
- Commemorating Alhaji Aliu Mahama: Six Years On
- NDC Congress: Vote For Women Candidates - WiLDAF Ghana To NDC Delegates
- The Disgruntled Former Prime Minister
- Kufuor Calls On Investors To Support Young Entrepreneurs
- Mark Of Excellence: NCC Chairman Congratulates Channel VAS Founder For Company’s Growth
- Mortuary Workers Call Off Strike
- NDC Polls: Ako Gunn kicks against NEC's decision of appointing communication officers from 2021
- NDC Polls: Action Youth for John Mahama descends heavily on Ofosu Ampofo
- Health Minister Cuts Sod For Construction Of Bogoso District Hospital
- Wayne Rooney To Be England Captain During Farewell Appearance
- 2019 AFCON Qualifiers: Black Stars Gears Up Ahead Of Ethiopia Clash [PICTURES]
- Manchester United Rekindle Interest In Jerome Boateng
- Ghanaian Midfielder Koby Arthur Scores Winner For Macclesfield FC In Checkatrade Trophy
- Joe Dodoo Bags Brace For Blackpool In Checkatrade Trophy Win Over Accrington Stanley
- Ghanaian Duo Asante, Awako To Work Under Rick Schantz At Phoenix Rising
- AshantiGold Widfielder James Akaminko Writes To Management To Cancel Contract - Report
- Nigeria Arrive In Ghana Ahead Of AWCON
- Awutu Senya East constituency gets projects under one million per constituency
- Black Stars hold first training session in Kenya
- Mukarama revels in Black Maidens’ 5-0 romp over Uruguay
- No tax increment at port – Sammy Awuku
- Ursula fights BoG over Kelni GVG deal
- Too many taxes crippling businesses – COPEC
- NDC elects new national executive this weekend; will it be Asiedu Nketia or Koku Anyidoho?
- 5 probe KNUST crisis
- LIVE UPDATES: Finance Minister presents 2019 Budget statement
- NDC Elections: Yammin fights Betty Mould-Iddrisu
- Patching of Tema Motorway begins
- NDC elects new national executive this weekend: Will it be Asiedu Nketia or Koku
- Every sector of the economy suffering under NPP – Mahama
- Mahama was rushed into Presidency – Bagbin