Three women, who were abducted by four kidnappers, have narrated how they were tortured to pay ransom before they were released.
The women were kidnapped at spots in Benin City, Edo State by the gang, who posed as commercial bus driver and passengers.
One of the victims, who gave her name as Faith, said
She said she was blindfolded and taken to an unknown place where she was tortured and r*ped.
The woman said her abductors demanded N5million from her parents as ransom, adding that N300,000 was withdrawn from her account.
On how she recognised the suspects, she said they didn’t wear masks on the day they dropped her after spending three nights with them.
Another victim, Princess Eweka, said she was going home and was on Ekenwan Road when a bus stopped and she was dragged inside.
She said a male passenger was beaten up and thrown out of the bus.
Eweka said she was tortured and beaten up, after which her parents paid N500,000 ransom.
She said she recognised the suspects because they did not wear masks.
The third victim, who gave her name as Blessing, said the kidnappers snatched her N400,000.
She said she was abducted on Airport Road and taken to an unknown spot.
Blessing said she refused to eat while in the kidnappers’ den for four days.
Police Commissioner Babatunde Kokumo paraded the suspects, namely Ikechukwu Emmanuel, Friday Ihaza, Godspower Ezemene and Okonofua Friday.
He said the command bust the gang following intelligence report, adding that they would soon be arraigned.
The suspects said they resorted to kidnapping due to hardship.
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- "I Won’t Die Until You Become President" - Nwabueze to Atiku
- IGP, Police Service Commission clash on special promotions: Reps begin probe
- TraderMoni A Trick For APC Vote-buying? Case Goes To Court
- Mahama Was Rushed Into The Presidency
- Ahead Of 2019 Budget: New Taxes, Increases Will Be Unacceptable
- Sodomy Puts Assistant Headmaster Of KUHISS In Trouble
- Strike Action Declared At Laboratory Of U/West Hospital
- Vice President Yemi Osinbajo: A Pastor Only By Name
- Ghana's Ambassador To The US Secures Over $60m Of Scholarship For Ghanaian Students
- Japanese-Ghana School Wins Yosakoi Dance Festival 2018
- OFFICIAL: Ropapa Mensah Joins Nashville SC Permanently
- Health Director orders killing of all stray dogs in Keta
- Tech: 10 things in tech you need to know today
- 5 best foods to control diabetes
- Finance Minister presents 2019 budget today
- Strategy: Meet the 8 Nigerians named on Forbes’ 30 Under 30 list for 2019
- FG has not released cash for us to complete unemployment report; says NBS Boss
- Sports Tourism: Golf, More Than Just A Game
- Commemorating Alhaji Aliu Mahama: Six Years On
- NDC Congress: Vote For Women Candidates - WiLDAF Ghana To NDC Delegates
- The Disgruntled Former Prime Minister
- Kufuor Calls On Investors To Support Young Entrepreneurs
- Mark Of Excellence: NCC Chairman Congratulates Channel VAS Founder For Company’s Growth
- Mortuary Workers Call Off Strike
- NDC Polls: Ako Gunn kicks against NEC's decision of appointing communication officers from 2021
- NDC Polls: Action Youth for John Mahama descends heavily on Ofosu Ampofo
- Health Minister Cuts Sod For Construction Of Bogoso District Hospital
- Wayne Rooney To Be England Captain During Farewell Appearance
- 2019 AFCON Qualifiers: Black Stars Gears Up Ahead Of Ethiopia Clash [PICTURES]
- Manchester United Rekindle Interest In Jerome Boateng
- Ghanaian Midfielder Koby Arthur Scores Winner For Macclesfield FC In Checkatrade Trophy
- Joe Dodoo Bags Brace For Blackpool In Checkatrade Trophy Win Over Accrington Stanley
- Ghanaian Duo Asante, Awako To Work Under Rick Schantz At Phoenix Rising
- AshantiGold Widfielder James Akaminko Writes To Management To Cancel Contract - Report
- Nigeria Arrive In Ghana Ahead Of AWCON
- Awutu Senya East constituency gets projects under one million per constituency
- Black Stars hold first training session in Kenya
- Mukarama revels in Black Maidens’ 5-0 romp over Uruguay
- No tax increment at port – Sammy Awuku
- Ursula fights BoG over Kelni GVG deal
- Too many taxes crippling businesses – COPEC
- NDC elects new national executive this weekend; will it be Asiedu Nketia or Koku Anyidoho?