Black Bomber and sole representative for Ghana at the Rio Olympic Games 2016 in Brazil was adjudged the best boxer at the three-day justifier to select new members of the national boxing team.
The final event at the Hathiramani Sports Hall which was watched by personalities like the President of the Ghana Boxing Authority (GBA) Peter Zwennes, Prof. Azumah Nelson, Bobby of TSEL, Lord Acquaye, Herbert Alloter Cofie, Mr. Annan, Mr. Mohammed Umar and Mr. George Lamptey, President of the Ghana Boxing Federation (GBF) saw the best in the young boxers, and the programme gave some hope that Ghana Amateur Boxing will rise again.
Mohammed Aryeetey of Seaview club was voted the Best Loser and Theophilus Allotey won the Discovery of the event.
Over 100 young boxers competed and according to head coach Ofori Asare, the 20 finalists and semi-finalists would be picked to form the nucleus of the new Black Bombers who are going to be groomed for international competitions.
Super heavyweight graduate of the University of Ghana, Felix Agboletey of Wisdom club technically knocked out Welbeck Olivierra in an exciting bout.
Light heavyweight, Issah Inusah of Attoh Quarshie beat Yahaya Yusifu of The Gym vies a TKO.
Reformers’ top boxer, Jessie Lartey who won Ghana’s only bronze at the 2018 Commonwealth Games won over Bawa Sherif from the Upper West.
Mohammed Aryeetey of Seaview beat Theo Allotey of Wisdom, and Abraham Mensah of Seconds Out proved too strong for Mohammed Fuseini of Charles Quartey Gym.
Ben Ankrah of Seaview could not contain the power of Samuel Addo of Attoh Quarshie club.
Abdul Wahid Omar of Wisdom beat Samuel Martei Laryea of Accra Boxing club, as Daniel Oduro of Attoh Quarshie also lost to Abubakar Quartey of Wisdom club.
In another exciting Middleweight clash, experienced Musah Rahman Lawson beat Shakul Samir of Akotoku Academy.
In the Heavyweight final, Anani Kutsoke of Reformers beat Bawa David of the Ghana Army.
After the programme, the GBF President, George Lamptey thanked Madar Soap for sponsoring Amateur Boxing and called on other companies to support sports development and promotion. He also thanked the Ministry of Youth & Sports and the National Sports Authority (NSA) as well as the Ghana Boxing Supporters Union (GBSU) who cheers the boxers with moral songs, drumming and dancing.
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- "I Won’t Die Until You Become President" - Nwabueze to Atiku
- IGP, Police Service Commission clash on special promotions: Reps begin probe
- TraderMoni A Trick For APC Vote-buying? Case Goes To Court
- Mahama Was Rushed Into The Presidency
- Ahead Of 2019 Budget: New Taxes, Increases Will Be Unacceptable
- Sodomy Puts Assistant Headmaster Of KUHISS In Trouble
- Strike Action Declared At Laboratory Of U/West Hospital
- Vice President Yemi Osinbajo: A Pastor Only By Name
- Ghana's Ambassador To The US Secures Over $60m Of Scholarship For Ghanaian Students
- Japanese-Ghana School Wins Yosakoi Dance Festival 2018
- OFFICIAL: Ropapa Mensah Joins Nashville SC Permanently
- Health Director orders killing of all stray dogs in Keta
- Tech: 10 things in tech you need to know today
- 5 best foods to control diabetes
- Finance Minister presents 2019 budget today
- Strategy: Meet the 8 Nigerians named on Forbes’ 30 Under 30 list for 2019
- FG has not released cash for us to complete unemployment report; says NBS Boss
- Sports Tourism: Golf, More Than Just A Game
- Commemorating Alhaji Aliu Mahama: Six Years On
- NDC Congress: Vote For Women Candidates - WiLDAF Ghana To NDC Delegates
- The Disgruntled Former Prime Minister
- Kufuor Calls On Investors To Support Young Entrepreneurs
- Mark Of Excellence: NCC Chairman Congratulates Channel VAS Founder For Company’s Growth
- Mortuary Workers Call Off Strike
- NDC Polls: Ako Gunn kicks against NEC's decision of appointing communication officers from 2021
- NDC Polls: Action Youth for John Mahama descends heavily on Ofosu Ampofo
- Health Minister Cuts Sod For Construction Of Bogoso District Hospital
- Wayne Rooney To Be England Captain During Farewell Appearance
- 2019 AFCON Qualifiers: Black Stars Gears Up Ahead Of Ethiopia Clash [PICTURES]
- Manchester United Rekindle Interest In Jerome Boateng
- Ghanaian Midfielder Koby Arthur Scores Winner For Macclesfield FC In Checkatrade Trophy
- Joe Dodoo Bags Brace For Blackpool In Checkatrade Trophy Win Over Accrington Stanley
- Ghanaian Duo Asante, Awako To Work Under Rick Schantz At Phoenix Rising
- AshantiGold Widfielder James Akaminko Writes To Management To Cancel Contract - Report
- Nigeria Arrive In Ghana Ahead Of AWCON
- Awutu Senya East constituency gets projects under one million per constituency
- Black Stars hold first training session in Kenya
- Mukarama revels in Black Maidens’ 5-0 romp over Uruguay
- No tax increment at port – Sammy Awuku
- Ursula fights BoG over Kelni GVG deal
- Too many taxes crippling businesses – COPEC
- NDC elects new national executive this weekend; will it be Asiedu Nketia or Koku Anyidoho?