14 boxing clubs in the Greater Accra region will start the 2018 Bukom Fist of Fury Boxing League and Championship Fight Nights at the Bukom Boxing Arena from Friday, October 12, 2018.
Ghana Black Bombers head coach, Ofori Asare who announced the list of clubs taking part in the league at the M J Grand Hotel on Wednesday said over 170 amateur boxers have registered to take part in the League which has fantastic prizes at stake.
The most decorated and experienced boxing coach currently in Ghana who gave an overview of the format of the League said there is a bout every fortnight, and that is very good to keep the boxers on shape and make them have more exposure and experience.
He named the boxing gyms /clubs as Akotoku Academy, Attoh Quarshie Gym, Wisdom, The Gym, Fit Square, Discipline Gym, Black Panthers / Bukom Gym, Will Power / Maeskline Gym and Bronx /Accra Boxing Club, Seconds Out / Akakevor, Spartans / Square Deal, Charles Quartey Boxing Foundation, Sea View Gym and Panix / Powerful Gym.
Peter Zwennes, the Ghana Boxing Authority (GBA) President commended MJ Grand Hotel and others like GNPC, ADB, ddp, GOC and the TSEL who are supporting the event and urged other companies to come to the aid of the up and coming champions.
He congratulated former President Moses Foh Amoaning, the consultant to the event and his team for their hard work and massive media campaign.
He said the whole package is in two rounds for 26 weeks and serves as an opportunity for promoters to partner with the GBA and GBF to organize bigger shows, adding the Bukom Fist of Fury Boxing League has come to stay.
George Lamptey, the Ghana Boxing Federation (GBF) President noted that the League will put the boxers in good shape and always battle ready. He expressed that with such a programme Ghana can win more medals at an international competition, and hoped that the Black Bombers will shine at Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games. He also advised fans who come to the Arena to behave and be disciplined for the sport to attract sponsorship.
Edwin Evans, who represented the Trust Sports Emporium Ltd (TSEL) said the programme falls within their agenda, vision and goals so they will support fully.
Moses Foh Amoaning thanked God for making it possible for the organisers to reach this stage and commended the young artistes who are on the Gravy Train to create awareness and publicity. He stressed that sports is a tourism booster and many foreigners can come to Ghana to watch boxing and return to their countries.
In attendance were Yoofi Boham, a veteran boxing official, Herbert Allotei – Cofie, a member of the National Juvenile Boxing Committee, boxing writers, some promoters, matchmakers, gym coaches, supporters and boxers.
Meanwhile, media accreditation process for the Fist of Fury Boxing League has begun.
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- Eyeing the White House: The Democratic Field
- NDC presidential election slated for 23rd February 2019
- Premium Passport Application Center Set Up To Enable Ghanaians Acquire Passports In A Short Period
- President Akufo-Addo says he's looking forward to 2019 with a "sense of hope and optimism"
- National Cathedral: Public Concerns Will Be Address – Duncan Williams
- Gov't Has The Power To Confiscate Assets Of Menzgold - Ato Forson
- Two Ghanaians Wants Injunction Placed On Referendum For New Regions
- Electoral Commission Sets January 31, 2019 For Ayawaso West Wuogon Bye-Election
- Ghana Revenue Authority To Auction Forfeited Cars And Goods Dec 27 To Mop-Up Revenue
- Stephen Appiah Gets Special Birthday Message From Juventus
- Mistletoe is actually a tree-killing parasite — here's how it became a Christmas icon
- Signs of better and brighter tomorrow very clear- Akufo-Addo says in Christmas message
- ‘I invest Ghc760,000 all lock inside, if President Akufo-Addo no speak we go die’ – Menzgold customer
- Implement UN conventions on refugee status - Sam George
- Christian Atsu is weakest link in Newcastle United shirt - Fans rating
- Why red and green are the colors of Christmas
- EC sets Januay 31, 2019 for Ayawaso West by-election
- Christmas Greetings To You All
- Obasanjo: It's Our Responsibility To Work For Peace In Nigeria
- Shock As Nigerian Man Dies 3 Weeks To His Wedding
- Musician Continue To Play His Guitar As Doctors Operate On His Brain (Photo)
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- We Need Money To Celebrate Christmas - Lagos Bank Robbers
- Late Alex Badeh's Killers Release His Kidnapped Friend
- Powerful trio cast a shadow over Congo poll
- BRING IT ON!: Kotoko-Sharks Proves Ghanaians Are Ready For Regular Football
- Stephen Appiah Receives Condolence From Fenerbahce After Losing Mum
- Christmas: Let us pay attention to the next good – Rev Opuni-Frimpong
- Christians celebrate Christmas today
- Ghanaians ‘have everything to celebrate’ this Christmas – NPP
- Akwa Ibom Finally Approve Big Stadium For Buhari
- Robbers Kill OAU Student For Refusing To Surrender iPhone
- President Buhari's Christmas Message To Nigerians
- Drunk BRT Driver Flees After Knocking Down Naval Officer’s Wife In Lagos
- Nigeria resolves $8 bln row with MTN
- All Set For Cabic Christmas Eve Fight Night Boxing at Bukom Boxing Arena
- Jessie Lartey Commends Boxing Ghana
- Thomas Partey denies being unhappy at Atletico Madrid
- Be careful corruption doesn't ‘kill’ your Government – IMANI warns Akufo-Addo
- Summer Hills Estates: Where we call home
- LIVESTREAMING: Badwam on Adom TV
- EC sets date for Ayawaso West-Wuogon by-election