Bashiru Hayford, head coach for the senior national female team, the Black Queens, has said, he is very positive about his team’s preparations and training schedules ahead of the upcoming Africa Women Cup of Nations (AFCON) to be hosted by Ghana.
Coach Bashiru noted that the team was lining up a training tour in an African country, with some intense friendly games before the tournament kicks-off from 17th November to 1st December 2018 in Accra and Cape Coast.
‘We have a training tour outside Ghana to get one or two international games, before the tournament, but not outside Africa.
‘We are looking at some countries in Africa, like Zambia, Ethiopia, Nigeria or Cote d’Ivoire, but all would depend on the balloting because most countries want to play us but don’t know if they would be in same group with us, so as to not see each other’s tactics.
According to the former Asante Kotoko coach, his team was ready for the 11th biennial championship and is awaiting some of his players who are now playing outside Ghana.
‘We have about six of our players who played the WAFU tournament but are currently plying their trade outside Ghana. They are all professional players now, so we need to invite them to beef up the team.
‘Alex Asante has assured us that they have sent their invitation letters to them and their clubs, with their tickets to be sent today and we are expecting them latest by next week.
‘We need to get them on board to integrate into the team for our friendlies so they can know their strength as well, before coming out with our final list’ he added.
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- Girl Smarts: Kate Hudson’s fabletics line looks like this in real life
- Guy Smarts: How many calories do you burn while you sleep?
- Odd Enough: Is it acceptable to shave on public transportation?
- "How I Joined Kidney Business" - Human Kidneys' Hunters
- Five killed in torrential Tunisia rains
- Eighteen dead in DR Congo rebel attack: army
- Prof. Joshua Alabi Rounds Up Upper East Regional Campaign
- World: FEMA Administrator must reimburse U.S. For misuse of agency vehicles
- World: Kavanaugh's accuser says she's willing to testify before judiciary committee
- World: Nominee's fate is pivotal point in U.S. Politics
- Opinion: Creating borders, for art or alligator skins
- Opinion: Is this man the antidote to Donald Trump?
- World: Health care ruling could be costly for government
- Saraki Calls Omisore of SDP to Support PDP Defeat APC?
- WHO Warns Against Air Pollution-related Deaths
- Committee Under Fire To Release Report On Asawase Police Killings
- Experts To Green Northern Ghana
- Bongo: Agriculture Activities Affected Due To Lack Of Good Bridges
- Blame NDC on DTV Migration Delay, Not NPP
- ‘Communications Ministry Always Disgracing Gov’t’
- LEAP Currently Serving Over 456,000 Households
- Kumbungu Youth Chief On Police Wanted List
- Habitat Fair Offers Great Deals
- This Is The Most Photographed House In Africa
- Ghanaian Striker Seth Painstil Scores Again As Admira Beat Wacker In Austria
- Cameroon Captain Benjamin Moukandjo Retires From International Football
- CAF Confederation Cup: Enyimba Clobber Rwandan Side Rayon Sports To Book Last Four Spot
- Lacazette And Aubameyang Earn Arsenal Win Over Everton
- Opinion: Welcome to college. Your parents are in the tents next door
- World: Armed with a laptop and a spreadsheet, he takes on the city's biggest landlords
- Politics: How 2 guys in a Connecticut jail cell helped change the way America does drugs
- Entertainment: Life is a cabaret (and Alan Cumming is tending bar)
- World: Hurricane Florence has gone, but challenges for the Carolinas have just begun
- Finance: Wall Street's convinced that Tesla will need to raise more cash — and has some theories about how and when that may happen (TSLA)
- World: Nigerian herders' biggest fear: Not lions, but farmers
- World: Talk of the 25th amendment underscores a volatile presidency
- World: Tentative deal reached for Aavanaugh accuser to testify on Thursday
- World: Japan vows to cut its nuclear hoard. Neighbors fear the opposite
- World: China demands US. Withdraw sanctions imposed over military purchases from Russia
- Sports: The Buffalo Bills are running up the score on the Vikings just a week after a loss so bad that a player retired at halftime
- Opinion: Always on the hunt for something cool
- Group To Validate OGP Commitments