Bashiru Hayford, head coach for the senior national female team, the Black Queens, has said, he is very positive about his team’s preparations and training schedules ahead of the upcoming Africa Women Cup of Nations (AFCON) to be hosted by Ghana.
Coach Bashiru noted that the team was lining up a training tour in an African country, with some intense friendly games before the tournament kicks-off from 17th November to 1st December 2018 in Accra and Cape Coast.
‘We have a training tour outside Ghana to get one or two international games, before the tournament, but not outside Africa.
‘We are looking at some countries in Africa, like Zambia, Ethiopia, Nigeria or Cote d’Ivoire, but all would depend on the balloting because most countries want to play us but don’t know if they would be in same group with us, so as to not see each other’s tactics.
According to the former Asante Kotoko coach, his team was ready for the 11th biennial championship and is awaiting some of his players who are now playing outside Ghana.
‘We have about six of our players who played the WAFU tournament but are currently plying their trade outside Ghana. They are all professional players now, so we need to invite them to beef up the team.
‘Alex Asante has assured us that they have sent their invitation letters to them and their clubs, with their tickets to be sent today and we are expecting them latest by next week.
‘We need to get them on board to integrate into the team for our friendlies so they can know their strength as well, before coming out with our final list’ he added.
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- Rubber Bullets Were Used On Adentan Protesters--Police
- "Fix Our Streetlights"
- KNUST Primary Teachers Back Their Counterparts To Strike
- Kenpong; A Treasure Worth Celebrating - Charles Taylor
- Go Back To School--Minister Charges Striking Teachers Of Colleges Of Education
- Teshie-Aglizaa Road Will Be Fixed--MP Okoe Boye Assures
- Nana Addo Has No Interest In Oti Region Creation
- Tema Port Expansion Project: Cranes Set To Sail To Ghana
- Analysis: Why Ghana Needs A National Airline
- Former Olympics football gold medalists Cameroon among minnows
- Politics: Acting attorney general Matthew Whitaker will consult with DOJ ethics officials about whether he should recuse himself from the Russia probe
- Doctors Surgically Remove Toy Stuck In Boy's Throat (Pics)
- Ad Agencies Turning Down Atiku Adverts for Fear of Buhari?
- Story Of Lady Who Fell From The Sky After Getting Sucked Out Of A Plane (Photos)
- Angola bets on largest-ever offshore oil investment
- Fighting wars and disease, smartphones on the frontlines
- Libya warlord casts shadow over Italy's bid to solve crisis
- Africa Investment Forum Exceeds Expectations
- 3 civilians killed in attack on UN contractor in Mali
- Chiefs Want Schools Under Trees Replaced
- Media Coalition Accuses MPs Of Being Disinterested In RTI
- Upper West residents welcome Wa UDS autonomy announcement
- GRA arrests four persons for diverting Free Zone Enclave goods
- Ghana servicing interest on debt with its internal revenue
- AAU reiterates commitment to attainment of AU’s vision 2063
- Professor Yankah calls for harmonisation of African universities
- Moshake advises NDC to ‘cure administrative ignorance’
- Parents urged to protect the interest of their children
- New price for sachet water rejected by sellers
- Huudu Yahaya not stepping down from chairmanship race - Campaign team
- Ghana Rugby: Herbert Mensah praises Interplast and other sponsors
- My office ‘almost hopeless’ to fight corruption – Martin Amidu laments
- CBG: GHC1.4 billion interbank investments locked up
- Compaines should align CSR to government’s policies - Business Dev’t Minister
- AFCON 2019 Qualifier: No replacement for Kwadwo Asamoah in Ghana squad for Ethiopia clash
- Ghana Free Zones Authority condemns diversion of goods by Comet Ghana Limited
- Asante Kotoko to exhibit at 2018 Soccerex USA in Miami
- 4 amazing health benefits of salmon
- Politics: Trump has reportedly decided to fire Homeland Security secretary Kirstjen Nielsen — and it could come as soon as this week
- Lifestyle: Police in Albuquerque, New Mexico, are responding to reports of a shooting
- Tinunu's Wealth Questionable? EFCC Boss Asks Journalist To Write Petition
- Obasanjo Speaks: Govs Against LG Autonomy Are Enemies Of Nigerians