A family in Tema Newtown is still in shock following the mysterious deaths of three of their kins.
The three, a woman and two men are part of 16 people who died mysteriously following an alleged curse invoked on the people by money ritualist.
This created fear and panic in the area and residents were left with no other choice than to heed to a direction of a fetish priest in the area, who instructed them to take spiritual baths in the sea.
However, the family of the deceased who lost their third son on Wednesday, November 7, are confused because the deceased who died yesterday, duly participated in the spiritual dip.
Adom News reporter, Shine Acquah who visited the family home of the deceased said news of the boy’s death spread like wildfire in Tema Newtown, drawing a huge crowd to the house.
A relative of the deceased who gave her name as Naa on FM Adom’ s morning show said the deceased complained of chest and stomach pains but died when rushed to the Tema General Hospital.
The two other siblings, she said, also complained about similar pains in the stomach and chest before they died.
This coincidence, Naa noted, is too serious to be attributed to just health scare, given what is happening in the community.
Though the family is yet to receive any postmortem report, Naa said they were all living in fear as the spiritual fortification in the sea appears to have failed.
Meanwhile, the Ghana Health Service has allayed the fears of residents of Tema Newtown over unexplained deaths in the community.
Director General of the Ghana Health Service (GHS), Dr Anthony Nsiah-Asare, who spoke on Adom FM’s Dwaso Nsem morning show Thursday, said preliminary investigations conducted by district health officers reveal that the deaths are purely coincidental and not spiritual.
He explained that postmortem conducted on some of the deceased at the Tema General hospital revealed that the majority died of hypertension and another who was a lady, of ectopic pregnancy.
“The deaths are not spiritual or an epidemic so I will urge the residents to remain calm. Our men are still doing surveillance,” he added.
Dr Nsiah-Asare said the Ghana Health Service is still undertaking surveillance in the area to unravel the mystery behind the deaths. He called on the public to undertake regular checkups and exercise to prevent such avoidable deaths.
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- The Backpack Messiah
- Ethiopian rebels fire verbal volley over peace deal
- French PM kicks off national debate with Yellow Vests
- We’re Not Communicating Well For Ghanaians To Understand What We've Achieved – Bawumia
- Former Keta MCE Found Dead
- How 2 Men Were Caught With $2.8m By EFCC At The Airport
- Boko Haram mastermind of deadly Nigeria blasts arrested: police
- Burundi crisis summit postponed again: official
- Macron in Chad for Christmas dinner with Barkhane troops
- UN report on horror of gang rape and exploitation of migrants in Libya
- GHC180m approved for Special Prosecutor; Minority alleges clash of ‘egos’ with AG
- Former Keta MCE found dead in suspected suicide
- AshantiGold SC sign Burkina Faso goalkeeper Baba Zongo
- Meet the Catholic Priest who left his cassock to marry after 15 years
- CAF Confed Cup: Sharks aiming to swim against the tide in Kumasi
- GFA Normalization Committee sends goodwill message to Kotoko
- Parliament Approves Drone Agreement. Here is All You Need to Know About Ghana's "blood Delivery Drones".MP4
- By switching to lower-cost remittance services, the Ghanaian diaspora could send their loved ones an extra gift this Christmas
- Melcom gives back with appreciation dinner
- The Sad Story of Innocent Yousif Musah Who Got Stabbed
- CAF CC: Ashanti Regional Minister Buys 100 Tickets For Kotoko Supporters Ahead Of Sharks Encounter
- Go tough on Ghana’s ‘uncivilized’ sanitation – Rawlings
- Meet the 21-year-old Ghanaian tech whiz who’s coded for Instagram and Snapchat
- Amidu’s office can’t justify GHC30m expenditure – Minority
- Ex President Kufuor’s MCE for Keta commits suicide in uncompleted building
- Seize, sell Menzgold and NAM1's assets to pay clients – Ato Forson to government
- Segun and Ronke Abiona, the couple behind the Nicole and Giovanni brand talks to Business Insider in this exclusive interview
- Jose Mourinho: Manchester United sack manager
- White Lady flies down to arrest Sakawa Boy who duped her of over €20,000
- Capital Bank: Ato Essien Countersues Recievers
- Media Analysts Rate Journalists Performance at President's Encounter
- Cargill Ends 10th Anniversary With Family Day
- Kwabena Duffour's Suit Thrown Out
- Minority Accuses Special Prosecutor and A-G of 'Clash of Egos'
- Bawumia Falter Party Communicators for Not Telling Their Good Works
- Catholic Priest Leaves Altar to Marry After 15 years of Service
- Jerry Arthur Gets Full Scholarship From Bayport to University
- Govt Urged to Consult Widely on Fiscal Council Formation
- Asante Akyem North Teachers Grapple with Accommodation
- Christian Atsu Helps Free 10 Prisoners By Paying Court Fines [PHOTO]
- Kwaku Agyemang 'rejected' free medical equipment, drones offered to Ghana - MAMA-HELP
- Builsa overlord lauds Akufo-Addo over promise