Tianjin Teda forward, Frank Acheapong has described the just ended Chinese Super League as memorable.
The Black Stars midfielder hit the back of the net 17 times; a feat he is looking forward to improve on in the coming season.
He attributed his stellar performance in the Chinese top flight competition to collective team effort, and has as a result commended the playing body and technical team for their support.
The 25-year-old told the media on his arrival at the Kotoka International Airport on Tuesday that “By God’s grace, everything went as we expected and I am happy for a remarkable season.
“We were going down but thank God we survived and I must say that it was an amazing season.”
“A very memorable season for us and me as well and I just have to thank the fans for their support.”
Acheampong joined the Chinese side from Belgian giants, RSC Anderlecht last season and quickly became an integral member for the side as they finished 14th on the standings.
By Kofi Owusu Aduonum
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- Jenna Jameson just revealed she's lost a total of 80 pounds on the keto diet
- How Florian Munteanu cut weight for 'Creed II'
- How to prepare egg salad
- Strategy: Amazon's 8-million-square foot HQ2 site in Long Island City will use land previously designated for affordable housing
- Lifestyle: 11 sneaky 'Harry Potter' references you may have missed in 'Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald'
- Tech: Google replaces Diane Greene as head of its cloud business (GOOGL)
- Sports: Syracuse had a rough night and their loss to UConn wasn't even the most embarrassing part
- Thirty-seven dead after C.Africa clashes: UN
- Salah snatches winner as Egypt edge Tunisia in Cup of Nations
- Ghanaian Among LinkedIn's 2018 Top Voices In Philanthropy And Global Development
- Barclays Partners Invest In Africa
- NCCE Decries Negative Attitudes Towards Sanitation
- Dagbon Receives Roadmap For Peace
- US gives Chad boats, trucks for fight against jihadists
- Ten police injured, 30 people arrested at Algerian top-flight match
- Film tribute to French photographer killed in C. Africa
- Nigerian court cuts jail terms for ex-state governors
- Zverev books spot in semis at ATP Finals
- Former 'Black Queens' Players Lead 2018 TOTAL AWCON Trophy Tour In Accra
- Asante Kotoko Policy Analyst Counts Benefits Of Soccerex Exhibition
- Kenya Loses CAS Appeal Over Women's Nations Cup Exclusion
- AWCON 2018: We won’t repeat past mistakes – Cameroon coach
- 'It will be an honour to qualify for France 2019 - Algeria coach
- Nestle calls for more youth leadership
- Women's AFCON: Queens are ready to re-write history by winning this tournament - Hayford
- Goldfields pay $16 million to government
- We are ready for Black Queens – Algeria skipper
- Over 90% of banking fraud comes from employees - BOG
- Ablekuma North NADMO sensitizes churches
- Israeli investors commended for investing outside Accra
- The Events Centre: Gbawe’s iconic face
- New regions debate: Minority walks out of Parliament
- Maintain neutrality at all times - President tells Police Service
- Lifestyle: We've seen the villain in 'Fantastic Beasts' before — here's everything you need to know about him for future movies
- Lifestyle: Your mom’s dating history can impact your own love life, for better or worse
- Lifestyle: 20 of the best Thanksgiving movies of all time, according to critics
- Tech: Leaked photos show Google could be working on a budget Pixel 3 with a headphone jack that costs $400 — and it could have the same amazing camera (GOOG, GOOGL)
- Lifestyle: 12 car brands that have the worst customer experience
- Lifestyle: White Dunkin' Donuts franchisee calls the cops on black woman for using the store's free Wi-Fi without ordering anything
- Lifestyle: The most successful GoFundMe campaigns of all time
- Lifestyle: This 140-day cruise for the '1% of the 1%' visits all 7 continents — here's a look inside the ship, where suites cost up to $240,000 per person
- Lifestyle: A new photo of Princess Eugenie's reception dress shows that it was designed to show off her back scar