Embattled gold dealership firm, Menzgold Ghana Limited, has asked its staff to proceed on leave effective Monday, December 10.
The company said it arrived at the decision as a result of unceasing threats to its properties as well as staff of the company.
In a statement dated December 4, the gold dealership firm said the staff should return to work on December 20 “when all outstanding entitlements, including end of year packages, shall be fully disbursed”.
“All branch managers are hence transferred temporarily to the head office; Dzorwulu, Accra, effective Monday, December 10, 2018,” the statement said.
It added that all staff should remain calm and be assured that Menzgold shall endeavour to assure their job security.
The statement added that it has been advised by the authorities to halt its online trading [just as the offline one] to enable the authorities to assess the system and present a final say to the public and the company.
“To this end all the 5% migration fees received shall be reimbursed fully to customers from Monday, December 10 to Friday, December 15, 2018,” the statement added.
According to the statement, the date of their end of year durbar will be communicated to the staff where the Chief Executive, Nana Appiah Mensah, will address the staff.
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- Jenna Jameson just revealed she's lost a total of 80 pounds on the keto diet
- How Florian Munteanu cut weight for 'Creed II'
- Barclays Bank To Increase Credit Facilities To SMEs Under Partnership With Invest In Africa
- George Andah Discharged
- Kashmir’s Plural Ethos And Communal Harmony
- My Objective Is To Help NDC Win Election 2020 -- Muhammad Nurullah
- John Kumah Writes: The Goodies In The 2019 Budget For Entrepreneurs And Businesses
- African Development Bank To Play Bigger Role In African Economies By Investing In Infrastructure Private Equity
- March For War And Economic Crime Court In Liberia
- IMANI's 2019 Budget Analysis On The Energy Sector
- It Takes More Than The Politicians To Loot Africa Dry
- Obuasi Municipal Assembly To Launch A “Clean Obuasi Campaign”
- How to prepare egg salad
- Strategy: Amazon's 8-million-square foot HQ2 site in Long Island City will use land previously designated for affordable housing
- Lifestyle: 11 sneaky 'Harry Potter' references you may have missed in 'Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald'
- Tech: Google replaces Diane Greene as head of its cloud business (GOOGL)
- Sports: Syracuse had a rough night and their loss to UConn wasn't even the most embarrassing part
- Tech: Bill Gates is so obsessed with redesigning the world's toilets — he brought a jar of poop onstage in Beijing to prove it
- There’s a special AU summit holding over the weekend in Addis Ababa and these are the topics that will be discussed
- Strategy: 'The Da Vinci Code' author Dan Brown explains how he overcame self-doubt and became a bestselling writer who's sold 250 million books
- Lifestyle: Tesla customers in China can now order the Model 3 (TSLA)
- Tech: This media veteran's 41-slide presentation shows the most important tech and media trends you need to know about in 2019
- Politics: US Navy flexes with 2 carriers near China as report warns that Beijing's missiles could sink them
- Strategy: Trump says Amazon 'took the best deals' for HQ2 (AMZN)
- Lifestyle: Ezra Miller posed for the latest issue of Playboy and people are thrilled for what it means for LGBTQ representation
- Ghana’s largest opposition party goes to polls on Saturday
- Sports: Tampa Bay Lightning center Brayden Point recorded a natural hat trick in 91 seconds to lead his team to a comeback victory
- Politics: Republican Senator Cindy Hyde-Smith slammed for 'joking' about voter suppression on college campuses
- Strategy: 'It kind of feels like a scam': Employers are so desperate for workers they're making job offers after a single phone call
- Tech: Ohio 'heartbeat bill' could ban abortions before most women know they're pregnant with an embryo
- Thirty-seven dead after C.Africa clashes: UN
- Salah snatches winner as Egypt edge Tunisia in Cup of Nations
- Ghanaian Among LinkedIn's 2018 Top Voices In Philanthropy And Global Development
- Barclays Partners Invest In Africa
- NCCE Decries Negative Attitudes Towards Sanitation
- Dagbon Receives Roadmap For Peace
- US gives Chad boats, trucks for fight against jihadists
- Ten police injured, 30 people arrested at Algerian top-flight match
- Film tribute to French photographer killed in C. Africa
- Nigerian court cuts jail terms for ex-state governors
- Zverev books spot in semis at ATP Finals
- Former 'Black Queens' Players Lead 2018 TOTAL AWCON Trophy Tour In Accra