Alpha Radio and Jofel Catering Service officials making the presentation to the Kumasi Children’s Home
THE KUMASI Children’s Home has taken delivery of assorted food items to support the upkeep of inmates.
The largesse was made possible following the intervention of Kumasi-based Alpha Radio. Alpha Radio made the donation with support from Jofel Catering Services, which is also based in Kumasi.
Significantly, it is the fifth-year running that the two entities have combined to support the Kumasi Children’s Home. During the past five years, the two establishments have been coming together to donate to the home during Christmas seasons.
Sheikh Mohammed Ridwan, CEO of Alpha Radio, said the gesture formed part of his station’s corporate social responsibilities.
He said even though he is a staunch Muslim, he believes in helping the needy, hence his decision to commence the donation exercise.
According to him, Alpha Radio and Jofel Catering Services will be able to sustain the exercise in the years to come.
Alhaji Abdul Mumin Abubakar, General Manager of Alpha Radio, urged other companies to learn from his station. He said the government cannot cater for the orphanages in the country alone so the public should also lend a helping hand.
FROM I.F. Joe Awuah Jnr., Kumasi
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- Ghosn may get bail as court quashes extension bid
- TCCO reacts to the Kidnap of a Priest
- Possible Reasons He Walked Away From The Christian Faith
- Aiyinasi South Circuit holds inter-school sports competition
- Over 2m basic school children lack access to toilet facilities
- Cardiologist Wouter Basson – The South African Apartheid Genocide Doctor
- Pay Journalists Well – Chief Tells Media Owners
- Nzema East MCE supplies over 800 footwear to deprived school children
- Sunyani Technical University sets up fund to support students
- Prez Nana Addo Challenges Normalization Committee To Restructure Ghana Football
- Syria Kurds warn US pullout gives IS chance to rebuild
- ‘Retired assistant IGP’ arrested with 11 ATM cards and 10 chequebooks
- Major British airport forced to shut down for more than 12 hours by someone flying drones over the runway
- 'Uneasy calm' in Yemen's Hodeida as combatants await UN truce team
- 4 vacation locales in Ghana for great family moments this Christmas
- Boy Steals Show At ‘Akwasidae’
- Manhunt For 6 Highway Robbers
- Ashaiman Rolls Out Sanitation Fund
- GII Demands Resurrection Of Corruption Cases
- We’re Reviving Railway Sector – Nana
- 2018 Ghana Movie Awards Postponed
- Lady Gaga’s Film Snubbed By London Critics
- French police win pay rise after post-Yellow Vest go-slow
- An Introduction And Anatomy Of A False Ebola Article
- Between The Forest And The Sea – Akwasidae Of Asanteman On Our Minds
- I would not have finished secondary school if I worried about haters.
- Madagascar counts votes in tense election run-off
- Agreed Rules, COP24 and Climate Change Protest
- Advice and Wishing His Excellency the President a Merry Christmas
- Real Madrid Want To Offer Mourinho £18m A Year Deal
- GOC Takes Lead In Pre-Olympic Games 2020 Preparations
- Minigolf: Forbes Win Maiden Coca-Cola Clubs League
- U-23 AFCON Qualifier: Kwadwo Owusu Elated To Score Hat-Trick In Ghana’s Win Over Togo
- I didn't paint glossy picture of economy - Akufo-Addo reacts to question
- FIFA Ranking: Ghana end 2018 in 51st position, no. 6 in Africa
- Stakeholders demand transparency in fishing sector
- 2 ECG imposters arrested
- Galamsey queen deported
- Sam Pyne blasts Ofosu Ampofo
- I'm disappointed in Akufo-Addo for insulting think tanks - Franklin Cudjoe
- The murder of 2 Scandinavian backpackers in Morocco has been declared 'an act of terror', and officials are investigating video of an ISIS-style beheading
- Ghanaian government picks a strategy to salvage deposits worth $2 million from vanishing