A 19-year-old student, who has been accused of defiling an 11-year-old girl for over a year at Lakeside Estates in Accra, has appeared before an Accra Circuit Court charged with defilement.
Justice Bature, who is also a houseboy, pleaded not guilty.
The court presided over by Mrs. Ruby Naa Adjeley Quaison admitted Bature to bail in the sum of GH¢50,000 with two sureties to reappear on January 22.
Prosecuting, Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) Agnes Boafo said the complainant is a banker residing at Lakeside Estate near Adenta with the victim, who is also a junior high school student.
DSP Boafo said the accused person is a houseboy to the complainant.
According to the prosecutor, due to the nature of work of the complainant, she often comes home late.
He said Bature took advantage of the complainant’s tight work schedule and on various occasions had sex with the victim from 2017 to date.
DSP Boafo said on December 19, last year, the victim informed her headmistress about her ordeal and the complainant was subsequently told about the victim’s plight.
She said the complainant then reported the matter to the police and a police medical report form was issued to the victim to seek medical attention.
The prosecutor said Bature was later arrested by the police.
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- Amewu unsure of new ECG owners
- 12 Exciting Talents In Europe With African Heritage
- These 5 car companies are owned by Africans and giving international brands a run for their money
- How Deputy Commissioner of Police Escaped Being Beheaded During Presidential Election
- 6 alternative ways to celebrate Ghana’s Independence Day
- EOCO to probe US $178 million contract to KelniGVG and Global Voice Group
- NDC has elected 'bloody' flagbearer - David Prah
- DCE Donates 100 bags Of Cement To Logba Tota Community For Tourist Info Centre
- Tottenham: Doubts Over Team Mentality Will Remain Until They Win Trophy, Says Lee Dixon
- More Car Assembly Plants Coming
- Chief Imam In London
- Man Kills Wife, Attempts Suicide At Ashaiman
- Work progressing on N4 footbridges
- If There's Anyone Who Disgraced The Presidency, Then It Is Kennedy Agyapong
- Macron Calls For France-Italy Ties To Be Mended
- Aisha Ahmad, Ahmed Kuru may replace Godwin Emefiele as CBN Governor
- Those 13 months in jail were the most difficult period of my life - Kotoko star Kwame Bonsu
- Shutdown Multi Credit Savings And Loans,Yaa Asantewaa Rural Bank in Kumasi- CVM To BoG
- “Kotoko will qualify” - Sarfo Gyamfi
- Meet the security guard who took bullet for Nkrumah in an attempted assassination in 1964
- Eric Bekoe Faces Prince Tagoe…In A Special Kotoko-Hearts Clash
- Swedru Girls' Model Junior High School inaugurated
- Ghana needs professional Police to ensure peace - Mrs Sackey
- Ayawaso Probe: 30 Persons Conveyed To Brempong’s House To Distribute Food
- GN Savings to pay salary arrears of government employees, Zoomlion workers, Pensioners – CEO
- Ofosu-Ampofo was never clear-headed, sober enough to lead the NDC – Gyampo
- Ayawaso Probe: Eye Witness Confesses To Being An Ex-Militia
- Student Counsellors of UEW canvass support in the fight against Hepatitis B
- Kasena-Nankana West District Assembly to prosecute households without toilet facilities
- Effutu branch of GHAPS marks 2019 week celebration
- The Corruption Of The Anc Predates Codesa – Never Mind Jacob Zuma’s Presidency
- Police Mad At NPP – Says NDC
- Sissala East Patrons Review BECE Results After Poor Performance
- Multimedia Grabs Top Sports Host
- Statement Of Appreciation From NPP BA Regional Youth
- Two of three bank mergers confirmed
- UBA group launches full banking operations in the UK
- Ninety (90) Years Of Education In The East Gonja Municipality (Salaga): The Journey So Far
- Ghana Needs Professional Policing for Peace
- Madagascar battles killer measles outbreak
- Hohoe schools observe Ghana's 62nd independence anniversary
- Assembly To Institute Scholarship Scheme To Deal With Low Level Of Education