Kampakuya Naa Abdulai Andani (left) and Bolin Lana Mahamadu Abdulai
The Andani Family has stated that even though it has affirmed its readiness to commence the process of performing the funeral of the late Yaa Naa Yakubu Andani II as per the schedule of the roadmap rolled out by the Committee of Eminent Chiefs, there are developments which are likely to torpedo the entire process if immediate action is not taken to address them.
According to the Andani Family, the house which is the traditional home of Mba Dugu was literally broken into, seized and occupied by the son of Naa Mahamadu Abdulai (Bolin Lana) following the performance of the funeral of his father which ended on Friday, December 28th, 2018.
The family of the late Yaa Naa Yakubu Andani II appealed to Royal Highness Asantehene Otumfuo Osei Tutu II to intervene and have these concerns addressed in a manner consistent with Dagbon traditions and customs.
The Andanis explained that the Mba Dugu is a place where the Yeni Limam (Chief Imam) and the Gundo Naa (Queen Mother) take up temporary residence before the commencement of the funeral rites of a Yaa Naa.
The significance of the house in question is also in the fact that it is the final stop of a newly enskinned Yaa Naa upon leaving Zohi before he is eventually ushered into the Gbewaa Palace. Therefore, if the said premises are under alien occupation, the funeral of Yaa Naa Yakubu Andani II cannot proceed.
The Andanis stated: “We would like to draw the attention of Your Majesty to the fact that during the funeral of a Yaa Naa, all these houses are needed for occupancy by some particular individuals in the hierarchy of traditional authority, all of whom have roles to play in the said funeral”.
The Andani Family claims that the Bolin Lana, apart from forcibly occupying the house of Mba Dugu, has taken further steps by carrying himself as a de facto Yaa Naa. Such provocation has, among other things, taken the form of carrying out certain rituals and the beating of drums, especially the tumpana, in a manner permissible only on the premises of the palace of a Yaa Naa.
A statement signed by Tong Lana, Chairman – Funeral Committee indicated that threats from extremist elements in the Abudu Royal Family of violent attacks reminiscent of what happened in March 2002, have increased in frequency of late adding that these threats should not be ignored, especially when they are coming from someone whose military career included a stint as a commander in the army of a one-time war lord in the Liberian civil war.
The Andani Royal Family is expected to commence the funeral of the late Yaa Naa Yakubu Andani II on 11th January, 2019, in Yendi in the Northern Region.
Elders of the Andani Family have disclosed that the kingmakers comprising Kuga Naa, Tuguri Nam, Gomle and Kpati Naa will select a new Yaa Naa on Friday night 19th January, 2019, the day the funeral rites of Naa Yakubu II is concluded.
FROM Eric Kombat, Yendi
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- Amewu unsure of new ECG owners
- 12 Exciting Talents In Europe With African Heritage
- These 5 car companies are owned by Africans and giving international brands a run for their money
- How Deputy Commissioner of Police Escaped Being Beheaded During Presidential Election
- 6 alternative ways to celebrate Ghana’s Independence Day
- EOCO to probe US $178 million contract to KelniGVG and Global Voice Group
- NDC has elected 'bloody' flagbearer - David Prah
- DCE Donates 100 bags Of Cement To Logba Tota Community For Tourist Info Centre
- Tottenham: Doubts Over Team Mentality Will Remain Until They Win Trophy, Says Lee Dixon
- More Car Assembly Plants Coming
- Chief Imam In London
- Man Kills Wife, Attempts Suicide At Ashaiman
- Work progressing on N4 footbridges
- If There's Anyone Who Disgraced The Presidency, Then It Is Kennedy Agyapong
- Macron Calls For France-Italy Ties To Be Mended
- Aisha Ahmad, Ahmed Kuru may replace Godwin Emefiele as CBN Governor
- Those 13 months in jail were the most difficult period of my life - Kotoko star Kwame Bonsu
- Shutdown Multi Credit Savings And Loans,Yaa Asantewaa Rural Bank in Kumasi- CVM To BoG
- “Kotoko will qualify” - Sarfo Gyamfi
- Meet the security guard who took bullet for Nkrumah in an attempted assassination in 1964
- Eric Bekoe Faces Prince Tagoe…In A Special Kotoko-Hearts Clash
- Swedru Girls' Model Junior High School inaugurated
- Ghana needs professional Police to ensure peace - Mrs Sackey
- Ayawaso Probe: 30 Persons Conveyed To Brempong’s House To Distribute Food
- GN Savings to pay salary arrears of government employees, Zoomlion workers, Pensioners – CEO
- Ofosu-Ampofo was never clear-headed, sober enough to lead the NDC – Gyampo
- Ayawaso Probe: Eye Witness Confesses To Being An Ex-Militia
- Student Counsellors of UEW canvass support in the fight against Hepatitis B
- Kasena-Nankana West District Assembly to prosecute households without toilet facilities
- Effutu branch of GHAPS marks 2019 week celebration
- The Corruption Of The Anc Predates Codesa – Never Mind Jacob Zuma’s Presidency
- Police Mad At NPP – Says NDC
- Sissala East Patrons Review BECE Results After Poor Performance
- Multimedia Grabs Top Sports Host
- Statement Of Appreciation From NPP BA Regional Youth
- Two of three bank mergers confirmed
- UBA group launches full banking operations in the UK
- Ninety (90) Years Of Education In The East Gonja Municipality (Salaga): The Journey So Far
- Ghana Needs Professional Policing for Peace
- Madagascar battles killer measles outbreak
- Hohoe schools observe Ghana's 62nd independence anniversary
- Assembly To Institute Scholarship Scheme To Deal With Low Level Of Education