A Nigerian information technology technician, Jim Clifford Edward, shocked an Accra Circuit Court when he admitted impregnating his own 14-year-old daughter at Santa Maria Aunty Eku in the Greater Accra Region.
The accused also admitted to having sexual intercourse with his daughter over the last five years which began in 2013 at the time she was just nine.
The victim’s mother is said to be mentally unstable and has not returned home for a very long time after leaving.
Jim Clifford Edward took advantage of the mental health and absence of his wife to defile his own daughter on countless occasions for five years, getting her pregnant in the process.
The pregnancy did not deter him as he is said to have continued his vile act on his own daughter in her condition.
The young victim, who could not contain the assaults of her father, gathered courage and narrated her ordeal to her brother who reported the matter to the Kaneshie police.
Jim Clifford Edward has been dragged before the court on two counts of defiling a child under the age of 16 years and incest.
He pleaded guilty to both charges but the court presided over by Ruby Naa Adjetey Quaison deferred his committal and sentencing to January 16, 2019.
The prosecution led by Chief Inspector Kofi Atimbire told the court that the accused had been having sexual intercourse with the victim since 2013 until December 26, 2018.
He said Jim Clifford Edward initially denied the crime when he was arrested but he later admitted the offence in further investigation caution statement to the police.
BY Gibril Abdul Razak
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- Format of 2022 World Cup qualifiers for Africa announced
- Ghana, Cote d’Ivoire historic Cocoa floor price to begin in 2020/2021
- ‘I’m really sorry’- Ekuban apologizes to Ghanaians
- 19-year-old Solomon Asuhene is youngest Chartered Accountant
- We'll force Speaker to resign – Fighters
- GCB Bank staff suicide: Colleagues shocked
- Supreme Court orders sale of Woyome’s assets
- 2019 Africa Cup of Nations: Kwesi Appiah puzzled over Black Stars penalty curse
- Don’t learn our bad example - Former Central Bank of Nigeria boss begs Ghana
- Prestea Huni-Valley NDC Commends Gold Fields Ghana Limited.
- Cyber Pirates Target Banks, Telecoms in Ghana – Police Warns
- Luxury Vehicle Tax killing us - Dealers cry out
- NASPA executives applaud Akufo-Addo for rearing for food and jobs programme
- Herve Renard's Morocco beats Ivory Coast to reach last 16
- Disclose money used by Short Commission - Kweku Boahen dares Akufo-Addo
- Innovative NDC Under President John Dramani Mahama Gave Life To The First Class 33km Tarkwa -Damang Asphalt Road
- 6-year-old disabled twin orphans live in abject poverty
- PDS Injects GHC15m To Boost Power Supply In Oti Region
- Parliament Made Changes of Select Committees, Ken Agyepong Chairs Local Govt
- Appiah on potential early exit: You must be prepared for anything
- 31 hotels, lodges and hostels shutdown in Eastern region
- Ethiopian referee Bamlak Weyesa to officiate Ghana-Cameroon clash
- Read judgement: African Court on Human Rights dismisses Woyome case
- Stay away from child labour – Cocoa farmers warned
- Ghana signs deal to cut carbon emissions and reduce deforestation
- "Involve More Women In Peacekeeping Operations"
- Simplify your findings to policymakers – Former Nigerian Governor to economists
- Majority Leader proffers 9 reasons for new chamber
- You’re ‘criminal’; pay your debt – Maurice Ampaw mocks Woyome
- 2019 Africa Cup of Nations: We need VAR in AFCON - Kwesi Appiah
- John Boye’s absence won’t affect the team – Coach Kwasi Appiah
- Illicit drugs worth GHC1million burnt on World Drugs Day
- Ghana ready for Cameroon - Kwadwo Asamoah
- 2012 Election Petition: Sammi Awuku recalls his day in Supreme Court
- NCA Case Lands In Supreme Court
- Kofi Annan ICT Centre, Sunyani Technical Univ collaborate to propel dev’t
- Cocoa farmer cooperatives to access direct agrochemicals, other from COCOBOD – CEO
- Prestea Huni-valley NADMO Boss Visits Rain Affected Residents At Bepo
- Learn to respect Akufo-Addo or risk going to jail - Irbard chides Manasseh
- Conduct of Economic Fighters League members in Parliament unacceptable – Baako
- Nsapor M/A school abandons school block after rains rip-off roofing
- Heart of Oak to unveil new Umbro jersey today