A Nigerian information technology technician, Jim Clifford Edward, shocked an Accra Circuit Court when he admitted impregnating his own 14-year-old daughter at Santa Maria Aunty Eku in the Greater Accra Region.
The accused also admitted to having sexual intercourse with his daughter over the last five years which began in 2013 at the time she was just nine.
The victim’s mother is said to be mentally unstable and has not returned home for a very long time after leaving.
Jim Clifford Edward took advantage of the mental health and absence of his wife to defile his own daughter on countless occasions for five years, getting her pregnant in the process.
The pregnancy did not deter him as he is said to have continued his vile act on his own daughter in her condition.
The young victim, who could not contain the assaults of her father, gathered courage and narrated her ordeal to her brother who reported the matter to the Kaneshie police.
Jim Clifford Edward has been dragged before the court on two counts of defiling a child under the age of 16 years and incest.
He pleaded guilty to both charges but the court presided over by Ruby Naa Adjetey Quaison deferred his committal and sentencing to January 16, 2019.
The prosecution led by Chief Inspector Kofi Atimbire told the court that the accused had been having sexual intercourse with the victim since 2013 until December 26, 2018.
He said Jim Clifford Edward initially denied the crime when he was arrested but he later admitted the offence in further investigation caution statement to the police.
BY Gibril Abdul Razak
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- Amewu unsure of new ECG owners
- 12 Exciting Talents In Europe With African Heritage
- These 5 car companies are owned by Africans and giving international brands a run for their money
- How Deputy Commissioner of Police Escaped Being Beheaded During Presidential Election
- 6 alternative ways to celebrate Ghana’s Independence Day
- EOCO to probe US $178 million contract to KelniGVG and Global Voice Group
- NDC has elected 'bloody' flagbearer - David Prah
- DCE Donates 100 bags Of Cement To Logba Tota Community For Tourist Info Centre
- Tottenham: Doubts Over Team Mentality Will Remain Until They Win Trophy, Says Lee Dixon
- More Car Assembly Plants Coming
- Chief Imam In London
- Man Kills Wife, Attempts Suicide At Ashaiman
- Work progressing on N4 footbridges
- If There's Anyone Who Disgraced The Presidency, Then It Is Kennedy Agyapong
- Macron Calls For France-Italy Ties To Be Mended
- Aisha Ahmad, Ahmed Kuru may replace Godwin Emefiele as CBN Governor
- Those 13 months in jail were the most difficult period of my life - Kotoko star Kwame Bonsu
- Shutdown Multi Credit Savings And Loans,Yaa Asantewaa Rural Bank in Kumasi- CVM To BoG
- “Kotoko will qualify” - Sarfo Gyamfi
- Meet the security guard who took bullet for Nkrumah in an attempted assassination in 1964
- Eric Bekoe Faces Prince Tagoe…In A Special Kotoko-Hearts Clash
- Swedru Girls' Model Junior High School inaugurated
- Ghana needs professional Police to ensure peace - Mrs Sackey
- Ayawaso Probe: 30 Persons Conveyed To Brempong’s House To Distribute Food
- GN Savings to pay salary arrears of government employees, Zoomlion workers, Pensioners – CEO
- Ofosu-Ampofo was never clear-headed, sober enough to lead the NDC – Gyampo
- Ayawaso Probe: Eye Witness Confesses To Being An Ex-Militia
- Student Counsellors of UEW canvass support in the fight against Hepatitis B
- Kasena-Nankana West District Assembly to prosecute households without toilet facilities
- Effutu branch of GHAPS marks 2019 week celebration
- The Corruption Of The Anc Predates Codesa – Never Mind Jacob Zuma’s Presidency
- Police Mad At NPP – Says NDC
- Sissala East Patrons Review BECE Results After Poor Performance
- Multimedia Grabs Top Sports Host
- Statement Of Appreciation From NPP BA Regional Youth
- Two of three bank mergers confirmed
- UBA group launches full banking operations in the UK
- Ninety (90) Years Of Education In The East Gonja Municipality (Salaga): The Journey So Far
- Ghana Needs Professional Policing for Peace
- Madagascar battles killer measles outbreak
- Hohoe schools observe Ghana's 62nd independence anniversary
- Assembly To Institute Scholarship Scheme To Deal With Low Level Of Education