French football star, Kylian Mbappe, has donated £27,000 to a fundraising appeal set up by the family of missing pilot, David Ibbotson.
Mr Ibbotson, from Crowle, Lincolnshire, was flying Cardiff City’s Emiliano Sala from Nantes to the UK when their plane crashed near Guernsey on 21 January.
The footballer’s body was recovered from the wreck on the seabed, but Mr Ibbotson’s body has not been found.
Former England captain Gary Lineker has also donated £1,000.
By Sunday morning more than 6,000 donations had been received, pushing the total raised to more than £100,000 of the page’s £300,000 target.
World Cup winner and Paris St-Germain forward, Mbappe, whose full name is Kylian Mbappe Lottin, donated under the name Elie Lottin.
Lineker linked to the page from his Twitter feed, saying: “Here’s the Go Fund Me page should you wish to help this poor family”.
The light aircraft was en route from France to Cardiff when it crashed two days after the Argentine striker’s £15m transfer to the Bluebirds was announced.
An official search was called off on 24 January, but Sala’s body was found after an appeal launched by his agent raised £324,000 (371,000 euros) for a private search.
Launching their own appeal, Mr Ibbotson’s family wrote: “We are trying to come to terms with the tragedy and the loss of two incredible men.
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- Eyeing the White House: The Democratic Field
- NDC presidential election slated for 23rd February 2019
- An attack on one journalist is an attack on the entire press agentry - V. L. K. Djokoto
- Momade elected as Mozambique's opposition leader
- Netanyahu set for first-ever visit by Israel PM to Chad
- Tracing The Roots Of Poverty In Mineral Rich Africa
- Prestea/Huni-valley: Petepom MA School Gets Ultra-modern KG Block
- Mozambique ruling party grapples with state debt scandal
- Sudan reinforces Khartoum ahead of march
- Tullow Hopes To Drill, Complete 7 New Wells In Jubilee And TEN Oil Fields
- Kennedy Agyapong Has Questions To Answer In The Murder Of Anas' Partner
- Cross party Brexit talks begin after May survives confidence vote
- Turkish Side Göztepe And Chelsea Agree Loan Deal For Baba Rahman
- Ghanaian Defender Issahaku Yakubu Joins Egyptian Club Wadi Degla
- Inter Allies To Hold Two Weeks Justifier
- Chelsea Star Ruben Loftus-Cheek Denies Online Rumours That He's Gay
- Fury Deserves Bigger Purse for Wilder Rematch
- Fulham’s Approach For Attamah Larweh Rejected By Basaksehir
- Bayern Munich Step Up Chase For Highly Rated Hudson-Odoi
- Social media reactions to killing of Anas' undercover investigator
- Social media reaction to killing of undercover investigator
- Fatal crash near 37 Military Hospital kills 5
- IGP storms Yendi for final funeral rites of Ya-Na Andani
- Partner of renowned Ghanaian investigative journalist, Anas Aremeyaw Anas shot dead
- SHS teachers under NaBCo inexperienced - PTA
- Exclusive Interview: Former Cover Drive lead singer Amanda Reifer reveals why her music has gotten darker
- 53 soldiers sue Menzgold over GHS 2.5m locked-up investment
- Here’s why you need to publish content when you’re looking for job
- Police officer, 2 National Security operatives reportedly busted for robbery
- About 70 shops razed in Odorna Market Fire
- How NAM 1 Was Arrested In Dubai
- ‘CHINESE ORDER’
- NDC Election Off
- NPP Lambasts NDC Over Menzgold
- Deadly Explosion At Military Base
- NDC Blames NPP For ‘Promoting’ Menzgold
- MFWA Condemns Killing of Anas’ Team Member, Demands Prompt Investigations
- The Murder Of Ahmed Hussein-Suale, Is A Vindication Of His Good Works
- No-Confidence Survivor: Theresa May and Brexit
- Restiveness In Alavanyo
- Ndewura Jakpa “Stabbed-In-The-Back”
- Human Beings Are Destroying Life On Earth But Deluding Ourselves That We Are Not