Henry Kwabena Kokofu
FORMER NEW Patriotic Party (NPP) Member of Parliament (MP) for Bantama Henry Kwabena Kokofu has taken a swipe at the National Democratic Congress (NDC) for their belligerent behaviour of late.
According to him, the NDC, which is the largest opposition political party in the country, does not seem to be “responsible” with life in opposition.
He observed that the NDC has virtually kicked against every national policy that the NPP administration has introduced to make the country better, even though when they were given the chance they failed woefully.
He therefore admonished the NDC to desist from always being influenced by political inclinations, notably on matters of national interest.
He said it is the duty of both the ruling and the opposition political parties to champion the proper development of the country so the NDC will know and act properly.
“I am surprised about the attitude of the NDC so far. They have virtually kicked against every policy that the NPP government has introduced to improve the country.
“The NDC should be responsible for once and stop attaching partisan politics to every national policy that the NPP government will undertake to develop the state”.
He said he is surprised the NDC decided to kick against the commission of inquiry set up by government to investigate the violence at Ayawaso West Wuogon by-election.
He asserted that even before the commission started their work, the NDC had raised red flags, adding that such weird behaviour by the NDC must stop.
He pointed out that the NDC and their top members had not been responsible in opposition and he was sure the electorate have taken notice “and they will reject the NDC again in 2020”.
FROM I.F. Joe Awuah Jnr., Kumasi
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- Eyeing the White House: The Democratic Field
- NDC presidential election slated for 23rd February 2019
- An attack on one journalist is an attack on the entire press agentry - V. L. K. Djokoto
- Momade elected as Mozambique's opposition leader
- Netanyahu set for first-ever visit by Israel PM to Chad
- Tracing The Roots Of Poverty In Mineral Rich Africa
- Prestea/Huni-valley: Petepom MA School Gets Ultra-modern KG Block
- Mozambique ruling party grapples with state debt scandal
- Sudan reinforces Khartoum ahead of march
- Tullow Hopes To Drill, Complete 7 New Wells In Jubilee And TEN Oil Fields
- Kennedy Agyapong Has Questions To Answer In The Murder Of Anas' Partner
- Cross party Brexit talks begin after May survives confidence vote
- Turkish Side Göztepe And Chelsea Agree Loan Deal For Baba Rahman
- Ghanaian Defender Issahaku Yakubu Joins Egyptian Club Wadi Degla
- Inter Allies To Hold Two Weeks Justifier
- Chelsea Star Ruben Loftus-Cheek Denies Online Rumours That He's Gay
- Fury Deserves Bigger Purse for Wilder Rematch
- Fulham’s Approach For Attamah Larweh Rejected By Basaksehir
- Bayern Munich Step Up Chase For Highly Rated Hudson-Odoi
- Social media reactions to killing of Anas' undercover investigator
- Social media reaction to killing of undercover investigator
- Fatal crash near 37 Military Hospital kills 5
- IGP storms Yendi for final funeral rites of Ya-Na Andani
- Partner of renowned Ghanaian investigative journalist, Anas Aremeyaw Anas shot dead
- SHS teachers under NaBCo inexperienced - PTA
- Exclusive Interview: Former Cover Drive lead singer Amanda Reifer reveals why her music has gotten darker
- 53 soldiers sue Menzgold over GHS 2.5m locked-up investment
- Here’s why you need to publish content when you’re looking for job
- Police officer, 2 National Security operatives reportedly busted for robbery
- About 70 shops razed in Odorna Market Fire
- How NAM 1 Was Arrested In Dubai
- ‘CHINESE ORDER’
- NDC Election Off
- NPP Lambasts NDC Over Menzgold
- Deadly Explosion At Military Base
- NDC Blames NPP For ‘Promoting’ Menzgold
- MFWA Condemns Killing of Anas’ Team Member, Demands Prompt Investigations
- The Murder Of Ahmed Hussein-Suale, Is A Vindication Of His Good Works
- No-Confidence Survivor: Theresa May and Brexit
- Restiveness In Alavanyo
- Ndewura Jakpa “Stabbed-In-The-Back”
- Human Beings Are Destroying Life On Earth But Deluding Ourselves That We Are Not