The uncompleted 18-unit classroom block
DR Hajia Sharifatu Abukari, headmistress of Suhum Islamic Girls Senior High School in the Eastern Region, is pleading with the government to assist in the completion of some standstill projects in the school.
She said the school had been pivotal in Islamic education at Suhum and its environs but it lacks basic amenities to make it grow as expected.
Dr. Abukari made these known when the Member of Parliament (MP) for Suhum Constituency, Fredrick Opare-Ansah, last Friday supported the school with a cheque of GH¢10,000 towards the completion of an 18-unit classroom project which is at a standstill.
The headmistress in the company of the Municipal Director of Education, Mrs. Esther Quaye-Sowah, who received the cheque, expressed her gratitude to the MP.
The headmistress said the school which is 20 years old has a population of about 2,000 students, saying they could have done more but for the lack of basic infrastructure.
“Now I have a population of about 2,000 students as compared to the initial 36 students and this clearly shows I’m doing well, but I know if we have better facilities we shall come on top,” she indicated.
She disclosed there are not enough vehicles for their operations.
Mrs. Quaye-Sowah admonished the students to take their studies seriously so that the efforts of government and others towards education do not go to waste.
After his presentation, Mr. Opare-Ansah lauded the headmistress of the school for her effort to raise the standard of the school in spite of resource constraints.
“This is not the first time we are doing something like this. Even at the time we were in opposition, Dr. Bawumia, the current Vice President, gave them building materials worth about GH¢30, 000. We normally visit them with the idea of supporting the school,” he revealed.
FROM Daniel Bampoe, Suhum
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- Eyeing the White House: The Democratic Field
- NDC presidential election slated for 23rd February 2019
- An attack on one journalist is an attack on the entire press agentry - V. L. K. Djokoto
- Momade elected as Mozambique's opposition leader
- Netanyahu set for first-ever visit by Israel PM to Chad
- Tracing The Roots Of Poverty In Mineral Rich Africa
- Prestea/Huni-valley: Petepom MA School Gets Ultra-modern KG Block
- Mozambique ruling party grapples with state debt scandal
- Sudan reinforces Khartoum ahead of march
- Tullow Hopes To Drill, Complete 7 New Wells In Jubilee And TEN Oil Fields
- Kennedy Agyapong Has Questions To Answer In The Murder Of Anas' Partner
- Cross party Brexit talks begin after May survives confidence vote
- Turkish Side Göztepe And Chelsea Agree Loan Deal For Baba Rahman
- Ghanaian Defender Issahaku Yakubu Joins Egyptian Club Wadi Degla
- Inter Allies To Hold Two Weeks Justifier
- Chelsea Star Ruben Loftus-Cheek Denies Online Rumours That He's Gay
- Fury Deserves Bigger Purse for Wilder Rematch
- Fulham’s Approach For Attamah Larweh Rejected By Basaksehir
- Fatal crash near 37 Military Hospital kills 5
- IGP storms Yendi for final funeral rites of Ya-Na Andani
- Partner of renowned Ghanaian investigative journalist, Anas Aremeyaw Anas shot dead
- SHS teachers under NaBCo inexperienced - PTA
- Exclusive Interview: Former Cover Drive lead singer Amanda Reifer reveals why her music has gotten darker
- 53 soldiers sue Menzgold over GHS 2.5m locked-up investment
- Here’s why you need to publish content when you’re looking for job
- Police officer, 2 National Security operatives reportedly busted for robbery
- About 70 shops razed in Odorna Market Fire
- How NAM 1 Was Arrested In Dubai
- ‘CHINESE ORDER’
- NDC Election Off
- NPP Lambasts NDC Over Menzgold
- Deadly Explosion At Military Base
- NDC Blames NPP For ‘Promoting’ Menzgold
- MFWA Condemns Killing of Anas’ Team Member, Demands Prompt Investigations
- The Murder Of Ahmed Hussein-Suale, Is A Vindication Of His Good Works
- No-Confidence Survivor: Theresa May and Brexit
- Restiveness In Alavanyo
- Ndewura Jakpa “Stabbed-In-The-Back”
- Human Beings Are Destroying Life On Earth But Deluding Ourselves That We Are Not
- Amidu Writes: Crime Will Always Be Treated As Crime In The Office Of The Special Prosecutor – Stop Politicizing Purely Criminal Conduct
- Zimbabwe Awaits Russian Investors
- Shambolic Attempt By The Kwabre East MP To Hoodwink Constituents Shameful And Insulting