Jamaican Runner Collapses
Jamaican distance runner, Kemoy Campbell, has been taken to hospital after collapsing during the men’s 3,000m race at the Millrose Games in New York.
Campbell, 28, was acting as a pace-setter when he collapsed and fell into the infield after the second turn just beyond the 1,000m mark.
He was given medical attention by the side of the track and then carried out of the stadium on a stretcher.
The athlete is in a stable condition in hospital.
Ray Flynn, the athlete’s agent and event organiser, told BBC Sport that Campbell was being treated at the New York Presbyterian Columbia Medical Center.
The Jamaica Gleaner, quoting Flynn, said the runner had to be revived by defibrillator before being taken to an intensive care unit.
“We were all shocked to see what happened, but thank God, he is doing better. He has his girlfriend and his brother beside him,” he told the newspaper.
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- Eyeing the White House: The Democratic Field
- NDC presidential election slated for 23rd February 2019
- An attack on one journalist is an attack on the entire press agentry - V. L. K. Djokoto
- Momade elected as Mozambique's opposition leader
- Netanyahu set for first-ever visit by Israel PM to Chad
- Tracing The Roots Of Poverty In Mineral Rich Africa
- Prestea/Huni-valley: Petepom MA School Gets Ultra-modern KG Block
- Mozambique ruling party grapples with state debt scandal
- Sudan reinforces Khartoum ahead of march
- Tullow Hopes To Drill, Complete 7 New Wells In Jubilee And TEN Oil Fields
- Kennedy Agyapong Has Questions To Answer In The Murder Of Anas' Partner
- Cross party Brexit talks begin after May survives confidence vote
- Turkish Side Göztepe And Chelsea Agree Loan Deal For Baba Rahman
- Fatal crash near 37 Military Hospital kills 5
- IGP storms Yendi for final funeral rites of Ya-Na Andani
- Partner of renowned Ghanaian investigative journalist, Anas Aremeyaw Anas shot dead
- SHS teachers under NaBCo inexperienced - PTA
- About 70 shops razed in Odorna Market Fire
- How NAM 1 Was Arrested In Dubai
- ‘CHINESE ORDER’
- NDC Election Off
- NPP Lambasts NDC Over Menzgold
- Deadly Explosion At Military Base
- NDC Blames NPP For ‘Promoting’ Menzgold
- MFWA Condemns Killing of Anas’ Team Member, Demands Prompt Investigations
- The Murder Of Ahmed Hussein-Suale, Is A Vindication Of His Good Works
- No-Confidence Survivor: Theresa May and Brexit
- Restiveness In Alavanyo
- Ndewura Jakpa “Stabbed-In-The-Back”
- Human Beings Are Destroying Life On Earth But Deluding Ourselves That We Are Not
- Amidu Writes: Crime Will Always Be Treated As Crime In The Office Of The Special Prosecutor – Stop Politicizing Purely Criminal Conduct
- Zimbabwe Awaits Russian Investors
- Shambolic Attempt By The Kwabre East MP To Hoodwink Constituents Shameful And Insulting
- CAN: Persecution Of Ex-Christians And Witch Hunting In Nigeria
- CF CC: Augustine Sefa Ruled Out Of Kotoko-Coton Sports Match
- Australian Open 2019: Halep Survives Scare To Beat Kenin To Advance
- Caf CC: Ghana's Daniel Laryea Handed Sfaxien,Vipers Playoff Decider
- CAF CC: Kotoko Supporters Told Not To Lower Their Expectations Ahead of Coton Sports Clash In Kumasi
- CAF CC: Kotoko Player Cautioned Against Complacency Ahead Of Coton Sports Encounter In Kumasi
- Kotoko must check revenue leakages at gates — Nana Yaw Owusu
- Baba Rahman to join Turkish top-flight side Goztepe
- Police launch investigation into murder of Ahmed Suale