Jose Mourinho has landed a new job after signing a mega-money deal to return to work for controversial Russian broadcaster, RT.
The former Manchester United manager will get his own bi-weekly show – titled ‘On The Touchline With Mourinho’ – which will focus on covering the Champions League with the inaugural episode to be shown after the last-16 round ties on March 7.
Mourinho, who was dismissed by United back in December, worked with international news channel RT during the World Cup and earned £1.71million (£400,000-a-day) for just four days’ work as a TV pundit.
RT confirmed their hiring of Mourinho, who was in Russia discussing terms for his new show last week, by posting a promotional video on social media on Monday morning.
‘I’m going to talk about football on RT, what else did you think I was going to do?’ Mourinho said at the end of the video after initially teasing he could be changing sports to ice hockey.
Mourinho was in Moscow earlier this month and hit the headlines after falling over as he performed a ceremonial puck drop at an ice hockey game.
The 56-year-old attended the game during his time in Russia as he and his commercial agents negotiated a deal which will see Mourinho work with the Russian State broadcasters until the Champions League final in Madrid on June 1.
Mourinho has built up an onscreen portfolio since being dismissed by United, working as an analyst for beIN SPORTS, helping drive their coverage of the Premier League and Asian Cup in Qatar last month, where he reportedly bagged £60,000 for his handful of appearances on the programme.
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- Here are the capitals of the newly created regions
- Ahmed Suale Came To My House Jittering—Nyantakyi
- National Folklore Board Signs Contract To Protect Folklore
- "It's a joy to see my two sons playing for Bayern and Barcelona"- KP Boateng' father
- 'I condemn Nana B for slapping Sammy Gyamfi' - Failed NPP Youth Organizer
- You Have Surprised Me, Ex-President Mahama!
- Menaye shades Asamoah Gyan with photo of Muntari and son plus 'DNA' caption
- Date For 2019 BECE Revised
- Manasseh Azure Awuni exposes corrupt female appointee at Jubilee House
- Police Administration reshuffles senior officers
- Why There Will Not Be Another Biafra
- This is how angry man punished rat for chewing his phone charger
- Step mum who left boy’s hand to rot after cutting it sentenced
- Asamoah Gyan is a disgrace; must be ashamed of himself now – Ghanaians
- FLASHBACK: I'll die for NAM 1 because of his money - Willi Roi
- VIDEO: Anokye Supremo’s body finally arrives in Ghana
- Shatta Wale and Andy Dosty go on a twitter war - both threaten each other for digging their own graves
- I did not justify 'bloody widow' placards – Sam George sets record straight
- Takoradi: Audio Tape Exposes Arrested Kidnapper
- The Oracle Played A Game Of Chess In Dagbon With The Rise Of Naa Abubakari Mahama (Naa Gariba II)
- Hear Ye the Truth, the Family of the Late Tiger Eye PI Journalist Ahmed Hussein-Suale
- 3 reasons why a first degree is not valued in Ghana anymore
- Nkoranza NPP youth defect to NDC over Techiman capital
- Huge Crowd At Agyarko’s Funeral
- Police Make Headway In Anas Boy’s Murder
- Bawumia Attends World Economic Forum
- Concerned Police Officer Writes To The President
- Asabke Breaks Down In Court, Afoko Expresses Outrage
- LIVE UPDATES: Ghana vs Mali (U-20 AFCON)
- FLASHBACK: Jesus' second coming may never happen – Willi Roi
- I exchanged phones with Okyeame Kwame for a week – wife reveals
- Kevin-Prince Boateng and wife Melissa Satta file for divorce
- Ahead Of 2020 Elections: NPP Activist Dares Mahama To Put His Family At The Battlefront
- GES Directive For WR School Heads
- Chantelle Asante rocks her baby bump on Instagram!
- Significance of Nana Addo’s yellow smock at Yaa-Naa’s investiture explained
- Pretty Lady Who Just Graduated Dies In Car Crash Few Days To Her Wedding
- Public Workers To Enjoy Digitised Payments From July
- Volta Region Erupts For John Mahama
- Kotoko Shops For Holding Midfielder
- Corporal Punishment: Compliance On Ban Needs More Than ‘Threat’ Of Sanction
- Ghana Post MD, New Board Members Meet Asantehene Otumfuo