The Economic and Organised Crime Office (EOCO) is on the heels of Maurice Ampaw, who still in possession of a Toyota Land Cruiser Prado belonging to embattled gold dealership firm, Menzgold Ghana Limited.
Maurice Ampaw, according to the anti-graft body, is among six people, who are yet to surrender vehicles belonging to the beleaguered company, whose Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Nana Appiah Mensah, aka NAM1, is on trial in the United Arabs Emirate (UAE) over an alleged scandalous $51 million deal involving an Emirati firm named Horizon Royal Diamonds.
EOCO has therefore given Mr. Ampaw and the other five persons up to February 15, 2019 to send the vehicles to EOCO’s head office or any regional office before February 5, 2019.
The others, who are still holding onto Menzgold vehicles, are Raygan, who lives in Tema in possession of Toyota Corolla with registration number GE 7355; Clive Ofusuhene with Hyundai Elantra with registration number GE 6872-17.
The rest are Christian, who is in Tarkwa with Hyundai i10 with registration number GN 5884-15, Okeyere in Kumasi; Hyundai i10 with registration number GN 9727-15 and the late Prince Blewuo, whose family is in possession of the Hyundai i10 with registration number GN 1662-16.
Economic and Organized Crime Office (EOCO) is said to be making headway in tracking properties of the company, including those of its beleaguered CEO.
According to sources of DGN Onilne at EOCO, the anti-graft body has managed to secure over 40 luxurious cars and a number of mansions belonging to NAM1, which could possibly be sold to settle his indebtedness to his customers.
Sources say EOCO has chosen to take a swift action because it does not want any would-be claimants to start protesting that the properties in question belong to them.
This revelation comes at a time when EOCO has frozen the bank accounts of NAM1 and is said to be making frantic efforts to trace his other assets.
The accounts, said to be with three different banks, have been frozen on January 14, 2019.
EOCO has appealed to the public to volunteer further information that will lead to the discovery of other properties of NAM1.
It is turning out that less than 5,000 people have their investments locked up with the embattled gold collectibles firm, Menzgold Ghana Limited.
DGN Online has in its possession a list indicating the total number of investors, who were doing business with Menzgold, whose Chief Executive Officer (CEO), popularly called NAM1, is currently under arrest in Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE), over an alleged $51 million scandalous gold deal.
Even though officials of the Economic and Organized Crime Office (EOCO) who are investigating the activities of Menzgold are tightlipped, a source claimed there are 4,998 customers and not the estimated 46,000 as published earlier in the media.
By Gibril Abdul Razak
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- Here are the capitals of the newly created regions
- Ahmed Suale Came To My House Jittering—Nyantakyi
- National Folklore Board Signs Contract To Protect Folklore
- "It's a joy to see my two sons playing for Bayern and Barcelona"- KP Boateng' father
- 'I condemn Nana B for slapping Sammy Gyamfi' - Failed NPP Youth Organizer
- You Have Surprised Me, Ex-President Mahama!
- Menaye shades Asamoah Gyan with photo of Muntari and son plus 'DNA' caption
- Date For 2019 BECE Revised
- Manasseh Azure Awuni exposes corrupt female appointee at Jubilee House
- Police Administration reshuffles senior officers
- Why There Will Not Be Another Biafra
- This is how angry man punished rat for chewing his phone charger
- Step mum who left boy’s hand to rot after cutting it sentenced
- Asamoah Gyan is a disgrace; must be ashamed of himself now – Ghanaians
- FLASHBACK: I'll die for NAM 1 because of his money - Willi Roi
- VIDEO: Anokye Supremo’s body finally arrives in Ghana
- Shatta Wale and Andy Dosty go on a twitter war - both threaten each other for digging their own graves
- I did not justify 'bloody widow' placards – Sam George sets record straight
- Takoradi: Audio Tape Exposes Arrested Kidnapper
- The Oracle Played A Game Of Chess In Dagbon With The Rise Of Naa Abubakari Mahama (Naa Gariba II)
- Hear Ye the Truth, the Family of the Late Tiger Eye PI Journalist Ahmed Hussein-Suale
- 3 reasons why a first degree is not valued in Ghana anymore
- Nkoranza NPP youth defect to NDC over Techiman capital
- Huge Crowd At Agyarko’s Funeral
- Police Make Headway In Anas Boy’s Murder
- Bawumia Attends World Economic Forum
- Concerned Police Officer Writes To The President
- Asabke Breaks Down In Court, Afoko Expresses Outrage
- LIVE UPDATES: Ghana vs Mali (U-20 AFCON)
- FLASHBACK: Jesus' second coming may never happen – Willi Roi
- I exchanged phones with Okyeame Kwame for a week – wife reveals
- Kevin-Prince Boateng and wife Melissa Satta file for divorce
- Ahead Of 2020 Elections: NPP Activist Dares Mahama To Put His Family At The Battlefront
- GES Directive For WR School Heads
- Chantelle Asante rocks her baby bump on Instagram!
- Significance of Nana Addo’s yellow smock at Yaa-Naa’s investiture explained
- Pretty Lady Who Just Graduated Dies In Car Crash Few Days To Her Wedding
- Public Workers To Enjoy Digitised Payments From July
- Volta Region Erupts For John Mahama
- Kotoko Shops For Holding Midfielder
- Corporal Punishment: Compliance On Ban Needs More Than ‘Threat’ Of Sanction
- Ghana Post MD, New Board Members Meet Asantehene Otumfuo