Ogyeahohoo Yaw Gyebi II
PRESIDENT of the Western Regional House of Chiefs, Ogyeahohoo Yaw Gyebi II has explained that successive governments since the 1950s paid what he termed as lip-service to the creation of the Western North Region.
According to him, had it not been for the Akufo-Addo-led government’s intervention, the creation of the Western North Region would have remained a distant reality.
He was speaking at the Jubilee House today in Accra ahead of President Akufo-Addo’s presentation of the Constitutional Instrument (C.I) that gives effect for the creation of the Western North Region.
He lamented how chiefs and people from the new region which was carved out of the Western Region, had over the years filed petitions upon petitions to have their region created but to no avail.
He stated emphatically that it took Mr. Akufo-Addo to realize the immense economic potentials of the Western North Region and plight of the people there, before the creation of the region has been made possible.
BY Melvin Tarlue
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- Policewoman killed after shouting ‘Jesus, Jesus’; crime experts airlifted to Tamale to track killers
- Meet the lady making money in the forest
- Ex-IGP Executive Secretary rides bicycle to file NDC parliamentary primary nomination
- Suspend prosecution of NAM 1 – Menzgold customers petition AG
- Photos of Akufo-Addo’s 'fearsome' bodyguard hit the internet
- Captaincy: Kwesi Appiah broke my heart – Asamoah Gyan
- [Audio] 'How Can An Intern Interview Me?' —Sanitation Minister
- Announcing OKUSACA 2019 ODWIRA/OHUM In North America
- Edem Fairre urges amendment on suicide attempt law for mental illness at the launch of her depression and anxiety forum
- Discrimination against private university graduates makes me very angry – Prof Adei
- Body exhumed by Sakawa boys is chief’s mother – Police
- Stop wasting the time and monies of your clients – Retiring SC Judge to Lawyers
- We’ll not accept gay marriage – Ghana Methodist Church
- Adwoa Safo grabs a husband
- I’ll not allow mass production of Lawyers – Chief Justice
- Our Operation 'No Pickup, No Mercy' Will Force You To Return Our Stolen Pickup—NDC Basintale To Minister
- 2019 WASSCE: Akufo-Addo, Napo deserve National Awards - Chairman Wontumi
- Colin Essamuah Has Died
- I can’t suffer for sitting MP to enjoy; I’ll return to Parliament – Ex MP
- 2019 WASSCE Results Released; 48,855 Candidates Results Withheld
- Curses may befall those insulting my husband – Wife of Prophet Badu Kobi warns
- Juju fails police killer, as bullets pierce arms, stomach, rib et al
- Police Report, Witnesses’ Statements Exonerate NDC Ibrahim Jajah From Alleged Death Threats To Wife
- NPP Has Nothing To Show To Merit Another 4 Years—Dr. Raphael Tufuor
- Gyan questions why Kwesi Appiah took him to 2019 AFCON
- Asante Kotoko sign Patrick Yeboah
- Fatawu Dauda reveals why Wakaso wept after Ghana’s AFCON exit
- Operation Drop Down Your Tools
- Prof Peter Quartey appointed head of ISSER
- AngloGold employs 3,000 at redeveloped Obuasi Mine
- Mamfe Girls Beats Tema, Opoku Ware, To Win High School Entrepreneurship Competition.
- Norwich City enquire about Bayern Munich youngster Kwasi Okyere Wriedt
- GNAT Upper West Raises Red Flag On Ges/sic Life Insurance Policy Deductions
- The Tale Of The Unrecognized Hero With The Microphone!
- 'Our MP is not a funeral attendant' - Atiwa East NPP blasts NDC
- Chiefs rally Western North indigenes to vote against Akufo-Addo and NPP
- Closed season yielding little to no results – Fishermen complain
- Regional Minister joins Catholic Church to outdoor new priests
- Rural Smile Foundation CEO calls on government to build more libraries in Ghana
- Betway AFCON predictor winner walks away with GHC 60,000
- Colin Essamuah dead
- Murdered police woman to be buried August 24