Kojo Twum Boafo
FORMER Executive Secretary of the Free Zones Board, Kojo Twum Boafo, has reportedly returned a sum of $6,000 and €6,500 imprest to the Economic and Organized Crime Office (EOCO).
Mr. Twum Boafo is under investigation by the anti-graft body and sources say the return of the funds which was part of a travel imprest does not mean he would be exonerated from possible prosecution.
Sources say he took the imprest when he was Secretary of the Free Zones Board and it came up during EOCO’s forensic audit into the operations of Board.
An imprest is a sum of money usually advanced to an individual for a specific purpose and restored to a fixed amount on a periodic basis.
DGN Online has learned that the amount Mr. Twum Boafo received as imprest in his capacity as the Executive Secretary of Free Zones was huge but initially ‘refused’ to return the unretired amount until the investigations by EOCO discovered the transaction.
He was then forced to return the overpaid imprest, apparently with the hope that that would exonerates him from prosecution.
Mr. Twum Boafo, a known vociferous member of the National Democratic Congress (NDC), was appointed to head the Free Zones Board by former President John Mahama in 2013, after he had served in an acting capacity at that state agency.
His appointment raised eyebrows as suggestions were that, Mr. Mahama had a close working relationship with Mr. Twum Boafo throughout the four years of the Mills-Mahama administration.
DGN Online sources say the dockets on the forensic audits of the Free zones Board have been submitted to the Attorney General’s Department and that Mr. Twum Boafo is likely to be taken to court.
BY Melvin Tarlue
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- Amewu unsure of new ECG owners
- 12 Exciting Talents In Europe With African Heritage
- CAF Confederation Cup: Race For Knockout Stage Heats Up
- These 5 car companies are owned by Africans and giving international brands a run for their money
- My ex-staff now hawks tiger nuts; it breaks my heart – UT’s Amoabeng
- 6 alternative ways to celebrate Ghana’s Independence Day
- EOCO to probe US $178 million contract to KelniGVG and Global Voice Group
- How Deputy Commissioner of Police Escaped Being Beheaded During Presidential Election
- DCE Donates 100 bags Of Cement To Logba Tota Community For Tourist Info Centre
- Man Kills Wife, Attempts Suicide At Ashaiman
- Tottenham: Doubts Over Team Mentality Will Remain Until They Win Trophy, Says Lee Dixon
- If There's Anyone Who Disgraced The Presidency, Then It Is Kennedy Agyapong
- Those 13 months in jail were the most difficult period of my life - Kotoko star Kwame Bonsu
- Shutdown Multi Credit Savings And Loans,Yaa Asantewaa Rural Bank in Kumasi- CVM To BoG
- Meet the security guard who took bullet for Nkrumah in an attempted assassination in 1964
- NDC has elected 'bloody' flagbearer - David Prah
- Macron Calls For France-Italy Ties To Be Mended
- GN Savings to pay salary arrears of government employees, Zoomlion workers, Pensioners – CEO
- Aisha Ahmad, Ahmed Kuru may replace Godwin Emefiele as CBN Governor
- Chief Imam In London
- Ayawaso Probe: 30 Persons Conveyed To Brempong’s House To Distribute Food
- Ofosu-Ampofo was never clear-headed, sober enough to lead the NDC – Gyampo
- Swedru Girls' Model Junior High School inaugurated
- Work progressing on N4 footbridges
- Ayawaso Probe: Eye Witness Confesses To Being An Ex-Militia
- Police Mad At NPP – Says NDC
- Effutu branch of GHAPS marks 2019 week celebration
- Multimedia Grabs Top Sports Host
- Student Counsellors of UEW canvass support in the fight against Hepatitis B
- More Car Assembly Plants Coming
- Eric Bekoe Faces Prince Tagoe…In A Special Kotoko-Hearts Clash
- Sissala East Patrons Review BECE Results After Poor Performance
- UBA group launches full banking operations in the UK
- These 5 fuel stations have decreased their fuel prices despite the weak performance of the Ghanaian cedi
- Two of three bank mergers confirmed
- Ghana needs professional Police to ensure peace - Mrs Sackey
- “Kotoko will qualify” - Sarfo Gyamfi
- Hohoe schools observe Ghana's 62nd independence anniversary
- TNMA marks Independence Day celebration with grand parade
- Kasena-Nankana West District Assembly to prosecute households without toilet facilities
- Statement Of Appreciation From NPP BA Regional Youth
- Omni, Sahel Sahara banks merger completed