Former President John Mahama
IT APPEARS former President John Mahama’s presentations to the diplomatic community on Wednesday, February 13, 2019, was a mix of lies and truths.
Mr. Mahama hosted the diplomatic community in Accra to present the National Democratic Congress position on the Ayawaso West Wuogon by-election shootings and in the process showed about two videos to the diplomats.
In one of the videos, the former President claimed, was at the funeral of the late New Patriotic Party’s (NPP) Member of Parliament (MP) for Ayawaso West Wuogon, Emmanuel Agyarko.
Whilst making reference to the funeral video, Mr. Mahama alleged some persons captured on the tape were hoodlums of the NPP, claiming that one of the male hoodlums was wearing an earring and so cannot be said to be a national security operative as he believe male personnel of the Ghana Police Service do not wear earrings.
In the second video, Mr. Mahama told the diplomats that same hoodlums who attended the funeral of the late MP were brought to Accra on January 31, 2019 to provide security for the NPP’s candidate for the by-election, Lydia Seyram Alhassan who is the spouse of the deceased lawmaker.
But it is turning out the funeral video was for a dead police officer who was shot and killed by armed robbers at Manso Nkwanta in the Ashanti Region.
DGN Online’s checks have revealed that the Lance Corporal who was with the Special Weapons and Tactics Unit (SWAT) of the Ghana Police Service was killed in July 2018 whilst onboard a Sprinter Bus with other police officers.
It further suggested that the Sprinter Bus was registered AC-644-15 and was attacked in July by the armed robbers wielding guns at the outskirts of Ayirebikrom.
The former President has started facing attacks on social media for ‘misleading’ the diplomatic community.
A Ghanaian named Ernest Gyabaa, sharing his view on the video showings, shared details about how the funeral video belonged to the late cop.
According to Gyabaa, one of the videos John Manama showed to the diplomats claiming it happened during the late Emmanuel Kyeremanteng Agyarko’s funeral is a palpable falsehood.
He said indeed that video shown was a funeral of the late policeman killed at Manso Nkwanta.
He added that the funeral of the late cop was held at Akuapem Adukrom on 18th August 2018.
According to him, indeed even the ground used for Mr. Agyarko’s funeral was not grassed.
Mr. Agyarko was buried on January 28, 2019 at Odumase Krobo. He died in the US in November 2018.
BY Melvin Tarlue & Jamila Akweley Okertchiri
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- Amewu unsure of new ECG owners
- 12 Exciting Talents In Europe With African Heritage
- CAF Confederation Cup: Race For Knockout Stage Heats Up
- These 5 car companies are owned by Africans and giving international brands a run for their money
- My ex-staff now hawks tiger nuts; it breaks my heart – UT’s Amoabeng
- 6 alternative ways to celebrate Ghana’s Independence Day
- EOCO to probe US $178 million contract to KelniGVG and Global Voice Group
- How Deputy Commissioner of Police Escaped Being Beheaded During Presidential Election
- DCE Donates 100 bags Of Cement To Logba Tota Community For Tourist Info Centre
- Man Kills Wife, Attempts Suicide At Ashaiman
- Tottenham: Doubts Over Team Mentality Will Remain Until They Win Trophy, Says Lee Dixon
- If There's Anyone Who Disgraced The Presidency, Then It Is Kennedy Agyapong
- Those 13 months in jail were the most difficult period of my life - Kotoko star Kwame Bonsu
- Shutdown Multi Credit Savings And Loans,Yaa Asantewaa Rural Bank in Kumasi- CVM To BoG
- Meet the security guard who took bullet for Nkrumah in an attempted assassination in 1964
- NDC has elected 'bloody' flagbearer - David Prah
- Macron Calls For France-Italy Ties To Be Mended
- GN Savings to pay salary arrears of government employees, Zoomlion workers, Pensioners – CEO
- Aisha Ahmad, Ahmed Kuru may replace Godwin Emefiele as CBN Governor
- Chief Imam In London
- Ayawaso Probe: 30 Persons Conveyed To Brempong’s House To Distribute Food
- Ofosu-Ampofo was never clear-headed, sober enough to lead the NDC – Gyampo
- Swedru Girls' Model Junior High School inaugurated
- Work progressing on N4 footbridges
- Ayawaso Probe: Eye Witness Confesses To Being An Ex-Militia
- Police Mad At NPP – Says NDC
- Effutu branch of GHAPS marks 2019 week celebration
- Multimedia Grabs Top Sports Host
- Student Counsellors of UEW canvass support in the fight against Hepatitis B
- More Car Assembly Plants Coming
- Eric Bekoe Faces Prince Tagoe…In A Special Kotoko-Hearts Clash
- UBA group launches full banking operations in the UK
- Sissala East Patrons Review BECE Results After Poor Performance
- Ghana needs professional Police to ensure peace - Mrs Sackey
- These 5 fuel stations have decreased their fuel prices despite the weak performance of the Ghanaian cedi
- Two of three bank mergers confirmed
- “Kotoko will qualify” - Sarfo Gyamfi
- Hohoe schools observe Ghana's 62nd independence anniversary
- TNMA marks Independence Day celebration with grand parade
- Kasena-Nankana West District Assembly to prosecute households without toilet facilities
- Statement Of Appreciation From NPP BA Regional Youth
- Omni, Sahel Sahara banks merger completed