Manasseh Azure Awuni
BROADCAST JOURNALIST, Manasseh Azure Awuni has apologized to Inspector General of Police, David Asante-Apeatu.
Mr. Azure Awuni had come under pressure from the Police Administration after labelling the IGP a “castrated pig” in one of his writings.
Even though he has apologized, he denied that he labelled the IGP “useless,” in his reaction to the IGP’s seeming failure to resolve the gun shooting incident recorded during the by-election in Ayawaso West Wuogon.
It would be recalled that Mr. Azure Awuni a few days ago sought to compare the IGP to a castrated pig.
He stated emphatically that the IGP is a “political puppet” incapable of addressing what happened during the by-election and in his words; “the Inspector General of Police is as impotent as a castrated pig in these matters …”
But his comments did not go down well with the police administration and he was asked to offer an unqualified apology to Police Chief.
The Police Public Relations Directorate had complained that the language used by the journalist in his write up, was “unGhanaian” and did not reflect his professional work as a journalist.
Head of the Public Relations Directorate, ACP David Eklu, speaking to OXY FM over the matter, said although the police accept criticisms, it was displeased at the level of unpleasant language adopted by the journalist.
But Manasseh in his apology, said he did not mean to sound offensive but if Mr. Asante-Apeatu and the Police Service “take offence of that expression that, in dealing with political vigilantism, the IGP takes offence that I compared his weakness to that of a castrated pig; if they take offence, I duly apologize.”
He added “I did not call the IGP a useless pig or I did not call the IGP a pig”.
BY Melvin Tarlue
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- Big Ups Stone, Keep Crashing Shatta Wale – Sam George
- Arrest James Agalga now over 4,000 guns – NPP Charges Security Agencies
- Commey ready to ‘rock and roll’ against Beltran
- Monday rains flood Ayariga’s home, mess up Bentley, 7 other luxury cars
- Andre Ayew replaces Gyan as Black Stars substantive captain
- Ghana Standards Authority Takes Part in Building Code Forum
- CK Akonnor impressed with Yacouba's performance following return from injury
- NIA authorized registration at selected churches
- Give a verdict on ambulances purchased under Mahama’s government – Segbefia to EOCO
- Police clash with Krobo residents over PDS mass disconnection exercise
- Help find cost effective ways to reclaim degraded land – Osafo Maafo
- Mass power cuts: Krobos clash with police, PDS staff
- Manya Krobo: Youth clash with police over PDS disconnections
- Tree falls on parked vehicle at University of Ghana
- Ayariga’s house flooded after Accra rains
- Minority joins anti-fascist, anti-Gestapo-style FM closure march
- Eastern Konnect congratulates MEGHISS for winning the International Robotics Festival competition
- Terrorists Alert: 400 Burkinabes Screened At Tumu
- Set up special courts for financial cases – BOG boss
- Businesses urged to invest in technology
- Stop bastardising EC; why didn't you raise hacking concerns when Charlotte was in office - Oppong Nkrumah
- Asamoah Gyan retires from Black Stars
- 1-D-1-F: Government commissions Avocado Factory to employ 5,000 youth
- Asamoah Gyan announces Black Stars retirement
- GES denies charging teachers on new Kindergarten curriculum
- Support SDG Delivery Fund - Akufo-Addo urges CEOs
- 2019 AFCON: Kwasi Appiah wants to name Andre Ayew Black Stars captain -Reports
- I'm happy at Atletico - Thomas Partey reveals amidst Arsenal interest
- Manya: Youth clash with police over PDS disconnections
- Shatta Wale, Stonebwoy granted bail
- Edward Ameyibor’s funeral fixed for Friday, July 5
- China to Construct Ultramodern Industrial City in Central Region
- 200 students benefit from GNPC Scholarship
- African Music On A Round Trip—From Cotonou To Cuba And Back
- Investing in the blue economy to accelerate sustainable development in Africa
- VFL-Ghana Takes Four Essay Winners On Field Trip
- Normalization Committee vs Kwesi Nyantakyi; The Hypocrisy of Some Ghanaian Sports Journalists
- Asamoah Gyan recuses himself from Black Stars ahead of 2019 AFCON
- Methodist Girls' SHS wins 2019 World ROBOFEST competition
- 'MIE KUKUM' Demo To Hit Volta On May 31
- Inflation Rate Shoots Up Slightly to 9.5 percent
- President Akufo Addo Paves Way for Kpassa-Mama Akura Road Construction