Well-known Public Health lecturer at the University of West London, Dr. Aboagye Da Costa has commended the Akufo-Addo government for unveiling the 275 Mercedes Benz Ambulances to be distributed to all constituencies in the country.
In an interview monitored by DGN online, Dr Da Costa noted that the ambulances will help to save many lives and add to the almost 55 Ambulances serving around 30 million Ghanaians thus addressing the deficit.
The Ambulances which were unveiled at the Silver Star Auto Limited are fitted with modern equipment and built to suit Ghana’s terrain according to the Minister of Health.
The provision of the Ambulances is in fulfillment of the President’s December 2018 promise to provide Ambulances to all the 275 constituencies to address the country’s ambulance deficit in the health sector.
According to Dr Da Costa, the ambulance service plays a vital role in saving lives and since its primary purpose is to transport the sick or injured people from emergency scenes to the hospitals, Ghanaians, especially those living in rural districts are set to benefit from the service impacts of these additional 275 ambulances.
He however indicated the need for adequate paramedics with first-aid skills to be trained in order to deal with cardiac arrests, profuse bleeding, road accidents, crush and fall injuries.
Recognising that Ghanaians can avoid emergency situations by being careful in their actions and by frequently having medical check-ups, Dr DaCosta argued that as we cannot fully control what happens to accidents may still happen but in cases that immediate medical assistance are highly needed, citizens can rely on those who offer ambulance services.
In praising the government, Dr DaCosta also appealed to care takers of the ambulances to have a good maintenance culture.
By Jamila Akweley Okertchiri
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- Amewu unsure of new ECG owners
- CAF Confederation Cup: Race For Knockout Stage Heats Up
- 12 Exciting Talents In Europe With African Heritage
- These 5 car companies are owned by Africans and giving international brands a run for their money
- My ex-staff now hawks tiger nuts; it breaks my heart – UT’s Amoabeng
- 6 alternative ways to celebrate Ghana’s Independence Day
- EOCO to probe US $178 million contract to KelniGVG and Global Voice Group
- DCE Donates 100 bags Of Cement To Logba Tota Community For Tourist Info Centre
- Man Kills Wife, Attempts Suicide At Ashaiman
- Ghanaians descend heavily on Anas following Sannie Daara legal knockout in human rights suit
- If There's Anyone Who Disgraced The Presidency, Then It Is Kennedy Agyapong
- Those 13 months in jail were the most difficult period of my life - Kotoko star Kwame Bonsu
- Meet the security guard who took bullet for Nkrumah in an attempted assassination in 1964
- Tottenham: Doubts Over Team Mentality Will Remain Until They Win Trophy, Says Lee Dixon
- Shutdown Multi Credit Savings And Loans,Yaa Asantewaa Rural Bank in Kumasi- CVM To BoG
- Dr. Da Costa Applauds Gov’t over New Ambulances
- GN Savings to pay salary arrears of government employees, Zoomlion workers, Pensioners – CEO
- Ozil Ready To Frustrate Arsenal
- Family of late cop exposes Mahama over video showed to diplomats
- NDC has elected 'bloody' flagbearer - David Prah
- Macron Calls For France-Italy Ties To Be Mended
- Aisha Ahmad, Ahmed Kuru may replace Godwin Emefiele as CBN Governor
- Gen. Mosquito, Ofosu-Ampofo, Ponkoh, run for cover as NDC meeting turns bloody
- Chief Imam In London
- Ayawaso Probe: 30 Persons Conveyed To Brempong’s House To Distribute Food
- How Deputy Commissioner of Police Escaped Being Beheaded During Presidential Election
- Work progressing on N4 footbridges
- Eric Bekoe Faces Prince Tagoe…In A Special Kotoko-Hearts Clash
- Police Mad At NPP – Says NDC
- Effutu branch of GHAPS marks 2019 week celebration
- UBA group launches full banking operations in the UK
- Multimedia Grabs Top Sports Host
- Ayawaso Probe: Eye Witness Confesses To Being An Ex-Militia
- More Car Assembly Plants Coming
- Swedru Girls' Model Junior High School inaugurated
- Student Counsellors of UEW canvass support in the fight against Hepatitis B
- Sissala East Patrons Review BECE Results After Poor Performance
- These 5 fuel stations have decreased their fuel prices despite the weak performance of the Ghanaian cedi
- “Kotoko will qualify” - Sarfo Gyamfi
- Two of three bank mergers confirmed
- Ofosu-Ampofo was never clear-headed, sober enough to lead the NDC – Gyampo
- Hohoe schools observe Ghana's 62nd independence anniversary