GOVERNMENT SAYS it is reviewing road traffic regulations.
The reviews being done on Road Traffic Regulation, 2012, L.I.2180 through the Transport Ministry, according to Government, seeks to address some implementation challenges as well as incorporate innovations in the management of road transport services.
Minister of Transport, Kwaku Ofori-Asiamah who made this known to journalists on Tuesday February 19 in Accra, said the move aims at sanitizing road transport in Ghana.
The Minister said the implementation and enforcement are geared towards helping to reduce road crashes which are mostly caused by indiscipline among road users particularly drivers and motorcycle riders.
According to him, it is to address some implementation challenges as well as incorporate innovations in the management of road transport services and to ensure smooth implementation and enforcement so as to reduce these road crashes.
The need for these enforcements, he lamented, has resulted from the fact that the country recorded about 2,341 persons killed and 13,677 persons injured due to Road accidents.
Mr. Ofori-Asiamah bemoaned that the predominant factors leading to these crashes were “indiscipline among road users particularly drivers and motorcycle riders, acts of excessive speeding, wrongful overtaking, pedestrian knockdowns and disrespect for traffic signals at intersections by motorcycle riders”
According to him, moving forward, his Ministry will work to complete the review of the regulations to ensure smooth implementation and enforcement so as to reduce these road crashes.
In addition, he stated that the Transport Ministry will complete the review of the road traffic regulations L.I.2180 to ensure smooth implementation and also to allow for the incorporation of new innovations.
BY Melvin Tarlue
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- Big Ups Stone, Keep Crashing Shatta Wale – Sam George
- Commey ready to ‘rock and roll’ against Beltran
- Ghana Standards Authority Takes Part in Building Code Forum
- Arrest James Agalga now over 4,000 guns – NPP Charges Security Agencies
- Edward Ameyibor’s funeral fixed for Friday, July 5
- Andre Ayew replaces Gyan as Black Stars substantive captain
- Monday rains flood Ayariga’s home, mess up Bentley, 7 other luxury cars
- CK Akonnor impressed with Yacouba's performance following return from injury
- NIA authorized registration at selected churches
- Police clash with Krobo residents over PDS mass disconnection exercise
- Its unfortunate Gyan has hanged his boot; lets respect his decision – Augustine Arhinful
- Terrorists Alert: 400 Burkinabes Screened At Tumu
- Help find cost effective ways to reclaim degraded land – Osafo Maafo
- Tree falls on parked vehicle at University of Ghana
- VFL-Ghana Takes Four Essay Winners On Field Trip
- Support SDG Delivery Fund - Akufo-Addo urges CEOs
- I'm happy at Atletico - Thomas Partey reveals amidst Arsenal interest
- Mass power cuts: Krobos clash with police, PDS staff
- Give a verdict on ambulances purchased under Mahama’s government – Segbefia to EOCO
- Minority joins anti-fascist, anti-Gestapo-style FM closure march
- Inflation Rate Shoots Up Slightly to 9.5 percent
- China to Construct Ultramodern Industrial City in Central Region
- Eastern Konnect congratulates MEGHISS for winning the International Robotics Festival competition
- Investing in the blue economy to accelerate sustainable development in Africa
- Normalization Committee vs Kwesi Nyantakyi; The Hypocrisy of Some Ghanaian Sports Journalists
- Businesses urged to invest in technology
- Stop bastardising EC; why didn't you raise hacking concerns when Charlotte was in office - Oppong Nkrumah
- 1-D-1-F: Government commissions Avocado Factory to employ 5,000 youth
- Asamoah Gyan announces Black Stars retirement
- GES denies charging teachers on new Kindergarten curriculum
- 2019 AFCON: Kwasi Appiah wants to name Andre Ayew Black Stars captain -Reports
- Manya: Youth clash with police over PDS disconnections
- Manya Krobo: Youth clash with police over PDS disconnections
- KIA terminal 3 floods after Monday rains
- President Akufo Addo Paves Way for Kpassa-Mama Akura Road Construction
- Chief Imam Lauds Twellium Company On 2nd Edition Of National Quran Recitation
- Set up special courts for financial cases – BOG boss
- Asamoah Gyan retires from Black Stars
- Asamoah Gyan recuses himself from Black Stars ahead of 2019 AFCON
- Ayariga’s house flooded after Accra rains
- 200 students benefit from GNPC Scholarship
- Kwesi Appiah failed to defend Gyan's axing at management meeting - Report