TTHE AMASAMAN Divisional Police Command has apprehended two persons they suspect are part of a land guard syndicate terrorizing residents of the area.
The suspects, Anaam Yaro and Daniel Nii Amoo Dodoo, both aged 25, were arrested after attempting to extort money from some developers.
Also, they allegedly threatened to shoot and kill anybody who refused their request.
According to the Amasaman police, they received a tip-off about the activities of the suspects and rushed to the scene to apprehend them.
A Magnum Kral Fertina pistol number 0243180542 being used by suspect Yaro was later seized by the police during a search on him.
Briefing DAILY GUIDE, Chief Superintendent Francis Yiribaare, Amasaman divisional police commander, said the incident occurred around 11:30am on Friday, February 15, 2019, at Peace Village, a suburb of Amasaman.
He said the suspects, upon seeing the police, took to their heels but Anaam Yaro was grabbed while he tried to escape on a motorbike.
Chief Superintendent Yiribaare averred that the victims, upon seeing Daniel Dodoo, identified him as the leader of the gang that had terrorized and extorted money from them.
Yaro later confirmed that Daniel Dodoo was their leader and that he supplied him with the gun to terrorize the developers.
According to Yaro, who claimed he was a cattle herdsman at Ablekuma, he was convinced by Daniel Dodoo to join the land guard group in order to earn a better living.
The divisional commander said Daniel Dodoo supplied Yaro and his gang the fire arms for their operations.
He stated: “Our investigations have revealed that, on that fateful morning, Yaro took delivery of two guns from Daniel Dodoo at Riverside at Afuaman near Manhean to undertake the operation”.
By Linda Tenyah-Ayettey
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- Amewu unsure of new ECG owners
- CAF Confederation Cup: Race For Knockout Stage Heats Up
- 12 Exciting Talents In Europe With African Heritage
- These 5 car companies are owned by Africans and giving international brands a run for their money
- My ex-staff now hawks tiger nuts; it breaks my heart – UT’s Amoabeng
- 6 alternative ways to celebrate Ghana’s Independence Day
- EOCO to probe US $178 million contract to KelniGVG and Global Voice Group
- DCE Donates 100 bags Of Cement To Logba Tota Community For Tourist Info Centre
- Man Kills Wife, Attempts Suicide At Ashaiman
- If There's Anyone Who Disgraced The Presidency, Then It Is Kennedy Agyapong
- Those 13 months in jail were the most difficult period of my life - Kotoko star Kwame Bonsu
- Ghanaians descend heavily on Anas following Sannie Daara legal knockout in human rights suit
- Meet the security guard who took bullet for Nkrumah in an attempted assassination in 1964
- Shutdown Multi Credit Savings And Loans,Yaa Asantewaa Rural Bank in Kumasi- CVM To BoG
- Tottenham: Doubts Over Team Mentality Will Remain Until They Win Trophy, Says Lee Dixon
- NDC has elected 'bloody' flagbearer - David Prah
- Chief Imam In London
- Ayawaso Probe: 30 Persons Conveyed To Brempong’s House To Distribute Food
- Macron Calls For France-Italy Ties To Be Mended
- GN Savings to pay salary arrears of government employees, Zoomlion workers, Pensioners – CEO
- Aisha Ahmad, Ahmed Kuru may replace Godwin Emefiele as CBN Governor
- Dr. Da Costa Applauds Gov’t over New Ambulances
- We Don’t Begrudge Techiman, Whether Capital Or Not Nkoranza Will Develop ─Group
- Ozil Ready To Frustrate Arsenal
- Work progressing on N4 footbridges
- Ayawaso Probe: Eye Witness Confesses To Being An Ex-Militia
- Family of late cop exposes Mahama over video showed to diplomats
- Eric Bekoe Faces Prince Tagoe…In A Special Kotoko-Hearts Clash
- Police Mad At NPP – Says NDC
- Gen. Mosquito, Ofosu-Ampofo, Ponkoh, run for cover as NDC meeting turns bloody
- More Car Assembly Plants Coming
- Effutu branch of GHAPS marks 2019 week celebration
- Multimedia Grabs Top Sports Host
- Two of three bank mergers confirmed
- Swedru Girls' Model Junior High School inaugurated
- These 5 fuel stations have decreased their fuel prices despite the weak performance of the Ghanaian cedi
- “Kotoko will qualify” - Sarfo Gyamfi
- Sissala East Patrons Review BECE Results After Poor Performance
- Ofosu-Ampofo was never clear-headed, sober enough to lead the NDC – Gyampo
- Student Counsellors of UEW canvass support in the fight against Hepatitis B
- How Deputy Commissioner of Police Escaped Being Beheaded During Presidential Election
- UBA group launches full banking operations in the UK