Stephanie Sullivan (right)
The US Ambassador to Ghana, Stephanie Sullivan, has indicated that the US government is ever ready to assist Ghana solve the vigilantism menace facing the country.
According to her, the US government is opened to receiving ideas and proposals which would state specific assistance as how they can help.
She, however, indicated that in finding lasting solutions to the vigilantism menace, it would be dependent on political parties to have high level of political willingness to tackle the problem.
Madam Sullivan called for the fight of vigilantism to be free and fair.
The ambassador commended Ghana for embracing peace, adding that Ghana is the beacon of peace for the sub-Saharan region.
Touching on the Dagbon issues, Madam Sullivan said the US is glad that the long-standing chieftaincy issue has finally been resolved, paving way for development, which would go a long way to boost Ghana’s economy in the region.
This was made known when the US ambassador was addressing the media in Tamale as part of her three-day official visit to the Northern Region.
Madam Sullivan paid a courtesy call on the Tamale MCE, Musah Superior, as well as some chiefs in the region.
Mr. Superior commended the US government for USAID’s resilience in the Northern Region Ghana project, which is supporting TaMA in poverty alleviation projects.
The ambassador is expected to visit some US government supported projects in the Northern Region and other related issues.
FROM Eric Kombat, Tamale
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- Amewu unsure of new ECG owners
- 12 Exciting Talents In Europe With African Heritage
- CAF Confederation Cup: Race For Knockout Stage Heats Up
- These 5 car companies are owned by Africans and giving international brands a run for their money
- My ex-staff now hawks tiger nuts; it breaks my heart – UT’s Amoabeng
- 6 alternative ways to celebrate Ghana’s Independence Day
- EOCO to probe US $178 million contract to KelniGVG and Global Voice Group
- How Deputy Commissioner of Police Escaped Being Beheaded During Presidential Election
- DCE Donates 100 bags Of Cement To Logba Tota Community For Tourist Info Centre
- Man Kills Wife, Attempts Suicide At Ashaiman
- Tottenham: Doubts Over Team Mentality Will Remain Until They Win Trophy, Says Lee Dixon
- If There's Anyone Who Disgraced The Presidency, Then It Is Kennedy Agyapong
- Those 13 months in jail were the most difficult period of my life - Kotoko star Kwame Bonsu
- Shutdown Multi Credit Savings And Loans,Yaa Asantewaa Rural Bank in Kumasi- CVM To BoG
- Meet the security guard who took bullet for Nkrumah in an attempted assassination in 1964
- NDC has elected 'bloody' flagbearer - David Prah
- Macron Calls For France-Italy Ties To Be Mended
- GN Savings to pay salary arrears of government employees, Zoomlion workers, Pensioners – CEO
- Aisha Ahmad, Ahmed Kuru may replace Godwin Emefiele as CBN Governor
- Chief Imam In London
- Ayawaso Probe: 30 Persons Conveyed To Brempong’s House To Distribute Food
- Ofosu-Ampofo was never clear-headed, sober enough to lead the NDC – Gyampo
- Swedru Girls' Model Junior High School inaugurated
- Work progressing on N4 footbridges
- Ayawaso Probe: Eye Witness Confesses To Being An Ex-Militia
- Police Mad At NPP – Says NDC
- Effutu branch of GHAPS marks 2019 week celebration
- Multimedia Grabs Top Sports Host
- Student Counsellors of UEW canvass support in the fight against Hepatitis B
- More Car Assembly Plants Coming
- Eric Bekoe Faces Prince Tagoe…In A Special Kotoko-Hearts Clash
- Sissala East Patrons Review BECE Results After Poor Performance
- UBA group launches full banking operations in the UK
- These 5 fuel stations have decreased their fuel prices despite the weak performance of the Ghanaian cedi
- Two of three bank mergers confirmed
- Ghana needs professional Police to ensure peace - Mrs Sackey
- “Kotoko will qualify” - Sarfo Gyamfi
- Hohoe schools observe Ghana's 62nd independence anniversary
- TNMA marks Independence Day celebration with grand parade
- Kasena-Nankana West District Assembly to prosecute households without toilet facilities
- Statement Of Appreciation From NPP BA Regional Youth
- Omni, Sahel Sahara banks merger completed