Paul Amaning (middle) with the guest speaker and the chiefs cutting the tape
THE ARTISANAL Palm Oil Millers and Outgrowers Association of Ghana has launched its one million seedlings project.
The project dubbed: “Promoting a Sustainable Oil Palm Industry” was unveiled on Tuesday at Akyem Asuom in the Kwaebibirem District of the Eastern Region.
Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Ghana National Buffer Stock, Alhaji Abdul Hanan Wahab, expressed that “I am very optimistic we will go international very soon because a lot of African countries are here to learn from us on the free senior high school and the feeding component in it’’.
He said he was impressed to witness the production and processing of the oil palm, adding that ‘’ I have no single regret for giving this region the opportunity to produce and supply nationwide with palm oil”
According to him, the Free Senior High School has encountered numerous challenges since its introduction in September 2017.
The challenges, notwithstanding, he commended officials of the association for making sure that palm oil was delivered to Senior High Schools nationwide.
He indicated that the government was very committed to providing jobs for Ghanaians.
Executive Chairman of the Association, Paul Amaning, explained that their motive as an association was to make palm oil one of the leading commodities in Ghana.
He said the Association has decided to assist all farmers with seedlings.
According to him, disbursement of the seedlings to farmers would be done through the association’s local executives.
Osabarima Ofosuhene Apenteng II, Asuomhene, who chaired the occasion told the launch, urged support for the association’s project.
He said “we the chiefs of this noble land, promise to support give lands to this great institution anytime they are ready to plant their seedlings. We need to help ourselves for the government to help us.”
FROM Daniel Bampoe, Akyem – Asuom
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- Big Ups Stone, Keep Crashing Shatta Wale – Sam George
- Ghana Standards Authority Takes Part in Building Code Forum
- Commey ready to ‘rock and roll’ against Beltran
- Arrest James Agalga now over 4,000 guns – NPP Charges Security Agencies
- Edward Ameyibor’s funeral fixed for Friday, July 5
- Andre Ayew replaces Gyan as Black Stars substantive captain
- Monday rains flood Ayariga’s home, mess up Bentley, 7 other luxury cars
- CK Akonnor impressed with Yacouba's performance following return from injury
- NIA authorized registration at selected churches
- Police clash with Krobo residents over PDS mass disconnection exercise
- Its unfortunate Gyan has hanged his boot; lets respect his decision – Augustine Arhinful
- Terrorists Alert: 400 Burkinabes Screened At Tumu
- Help find cost effective ways to reclaim degraded land – Osafo Maafo
- Tree falls on parked vehicle at University of Ghana
- VFL-Ghana Takes Four Essay Winners On Field Trip
- Businesses urged to invest in technology
- Support SDG Delivery Fund - Akufo-Addo urges CEOs
- I'm happy at Atletico - Thomas Partey reveals amidst Arsenal interest
- Mass power cuts: Krobos clash with police, PDS staff
- Give a verdict on ambulances purchased under Mahama’s government – Segbefia to EOCO
- Minority joins anti-fascist, anti-Gestapo-style FM closure march
- Inflation Rate Shoots Up Slightly to 9.5 percent
- China to Construct Ultramodern Industrial City in Central Region
- Eastern Konnect congratulates MEGHISS for winning the International Robotics Festival competition
- Investing in the blue economy to accelerate sustainable development in Africa
- Normalization Committee vs Kwesi Nyantakyi; The Hypocrisy of Some Ghanaian Sports Journalists
- Stop bastardising EC; why didn't you raise hacking concerns when Charlotte was in office - Oppong Nkrumah
- 1-D-1-F: Government commissions Avocado Factory to employ 5,000 youth
- Asamoah Gyan announces Black Stars retirement
- GES denies charging teachers on new Kindergarten curriculum
- 2019 AFCON: Kwasi Appiah wants to name Andre Ayew Black Stars captain -Reports
- Manya: Youth clash with police over PDS disconnections
- Manya Krobo: Youth clash with police over PDS disconnections
- KIA terminal 3 floods after Monday rains
- Kwesi Appiah failed to defend Gyan's axing at management meeting - Report
- President Akufo Addo Paves Way for Kpassa-Mama Akura Road Construction
- Chief Imam Lauds Twellium Company On 2nd Edition Of National Quran Recitation
- Set up special courts for financial cases – BOG boss
- Asamoah Gyan retires from Black Stars
- Asamoah Gyan recuses himself from Black Stars ahead of 2019 AFCON
- Ayariga’s house flooded after Accra rains
- 200 students benefit from GNPC Scholarship