Paul Amaning (middle) with the guest speaker and the chiefs cutting the tape
THE ARTISANAL Palm Oil Millers and Outgrowers Association of Ghana has launched its one million seedlings project.
The project dubbed: “Promoting a Sustainable Oil Palm Industry” was unveiled on Tuesday at Akyem Asuom in the Kwaebibirem District of the Eastern Region.
Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Ghana National Buffer Stock, Alhaji Abdul Hanan Wahab, expressed that “I am very optimistic we will go international very soon because a lot of African countries are here to learn from us on the free senior high school and the feeding component in it’’.
He said he was impressed to witness the production and processing of the oil palm, adding that ‘’ I have no single regret for giving this region the opportunity to produce and supply nationwide with palm oil”
According to him, the Free Senior High School has encountered numerous challenges since its introduction in September 2017.
The challenges, notwithstanding, he commended officials of the association for making sure that palm oil was delivered to Senior High Schools nationwide.
He indicated that the government was very committed to providing jobs for Ghanaians.
Executive Chairman of the Association, Paul Amaning, explained that their motive as an association was to make palm oil one of the leading commodities in Ghana.
He said the Association has decided to assist all farmers with seedlings.
According to him, disbursement of the seedlings to farmers would be done through the association’s local executives.
Osabarima Ofosuhene Apenteng II, Asuomhene, who chaired the occasion told the launch, urged support for the association’s project.
He said “we the chiefs of this noble land, promise to support give lands to this great institution anytime they are ready to plant their seedlings. We need to help ourselves for the government to help us.”
FROM Daniel Bampoe, Akyem – Asuom
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- Amewu unsure of new ECG owners
- CAF Confederation Cup: Race For Knockout Stage Heats Up
- 12 Exciting Talents In Europe With African Heritage
- These 5 car companies are owned by Africans and giving international brands a run for their money
- My ex-staff now hawks tiger nuts; it breaks my heart – UT’s Amoabeng
- 6 alternative ways to celebrate Ghana’s Independence Day
- EOCO to probe US $178 million contract to KelniGVG and Global Voice Group
- DCE Donates 100 bags Of Cement To Logba Tota Community For Tourist Info Centre
- Man Kills Wife, Attempts Suicide At Ashaiman
- If There's Anyone Who Disgraced The Presidency, Then It Is Kennedy Agyapong
- Those 13 months in jail were the most difficult period of my life - Kotoko star Kwame Bonsu
- Ghanaians descend heavily on Anas following Sannie Daara legal knockout in human rights suit
- Meet the security guard who took bullet for Nkrumah in an attempted assassination in 1964
- Shutdown Multi Credit Savings And Loans,Yaa Asantewaa Rural Bank in Kumasi- CVM To BoG
- Tottenham: Doubts Over Team Mentality Will Remain Until They Win Trophy, Says Lee Dixon
- NDC has elected 'bloody' flagbearer - David Prah
- GN Savings to pay salary arrears of government employees, Zoomlion workers, Pensioners – CEO
- We Don’t Begrudge Techiman, Whether Capital Or Not Nkoranza Will Develop ─Group
- Dr. Da Costa Applauds Gov’t over New Ambulances
- Chief Imam In London
- Ayawaso Probe: 30 Persons Conveyed To Brempong’s House To Distribute Food
- Macron Calls For France-Italy Ties To Be Mended
- Aisha Ahmad, Ahmed Kuru may replace Godwin Emefiele as CBN Governor
- Ozil Ready To Frustrate Arsenal
- Family of late cop exposes Mahama over video showed to diplomats
- Work progressing on N4 footbridges
- Ayawaso Probe: Eye Witness Confesses To Being An Ex-Militia
- Gen. Mosquito, Ofosu-Ampofo, Ponkoh, run for cover as NDC meeting turns bloody
- Eric Bekoe Faces Prince Tagoe…In A Special Kotoko-Hearts Clash
- Police Mad At NPP – Says NDC
- Effutu branch of GHAPS marks 2019 week celebration
- More Car Assembly Plants Coming
- Multimedia Grabs Top Sports Host
- Two of three bank mergers confirmed
- Ofosu-Ampofo was never clear-headed, sober enough to lead the NDC – Gyampo
- Swedru Girls' Model Junior High School inaugurated
- These 5 fuel stations have decreased their fuel prices despite the weak performance of the Ghanaian cedi
- “Kotoko will qualify” - Sarfo Gyamfi
- Sissala East Patrons Review BECE Results After Poor Performance
- Student Counsellors of UEW canvass support in the fight against Hepatitis B
- How Deputy Commissioner of Police Escaped Being Beheaded During Presidential Election
- UBA group launches full banking operations in the UK