Samuel Ofosu Ampofo – NDC National Chairman
THE NATIONAL Democratic Congress (NDC) seems to have finally found trust in the operations of the National Identification Authority (NIA), ordering its members to register for the Ghana Card.
The Ghana Card is the new National Identification Card.
NDC had on July 23, 2018, ordered its members not to sign up for the Ghana Card until its demand for the inclusion of the Voters’ ID card as one of the requirements for registration was met.
NIA had argued back then that the voters’ ID cards were not valid for acquiring the Ghana Card but the NDC through its General Secretary, Johnson Asiedu Nketiah, insisted that without the inclusion of the voters’ Card, its members would not register.
Interestingly, even though the NIA held onto its stance, the NDC has made a U-turn, urging its members to now register.
The decision, DGN Online understands, was taken at the NDC’s National Executive Committee (NEC’s) recent meeting.
Snippets of information from the meeting available to DGN Online read “members (NEC’s members) were urged to inform party members to get registered under Ghana Card.”
It remains unclear what has changed that the NDC has chosen to rescind its decision of nonregistration which was highly criticized.
BY Melvin Tarlue
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- I felt unbearable pain after DNA test proved 3 kids were not mine - Odartey Lamptey
- I am afraid - Suspected police killer speaks
- Top 10 richest African footballers in 2019; Essien, Gyan, Muntari make list
- We are traumatised after witnessing killing of policemen – 13-year-old girl cries
- Prisons Service denies unfair treatment claim by Nigerian jailed 130 years
- Scandal Rocks GRA; Board Chair Grabs GH₵1.4m
- Physically challenged woman thrown onto the Streets after brother sells her house
- WAEC releases 2019 BECE results
- Commanding Officer of Police Training School pulled out
- I’m not worried; Xenophobia or not people will always go to South Africa – SA High Commissioner to Ghana
- Xenophobic attacks: Ghana urged to cut ties with South Africa
- Here are all the results of the NDC parliamentary primaries
- I regret not checking up on Junior Agogo - Derek Boateng
- Stoubos CEO, others on trial for allegedly intercepting government communication
- Video: Solomon Asante scores in Phoenix Rising win in USL
- Emmanuel Frimpong blasts "overpaid" Arsenal players Mkhitaryan, Mustafi and Xhaka
- Stop attacking police officers – Mahama
- Legon medical student ‘commits suicide’
- We're ready to die to protect Ghana – Ghana Armed Forces
- Wanted: Police release photo of Eric Kojo Duah, Buduburam cops killing suspect
- Attack on Fulanis: Burkina Faso Consulate General in Bagurugu to broker peace
- Teachers ill-prepared for rushed new curriculum – Educationist
- Crowd abandon mob justice, ask thief to desilt gutters at Nkrumah Circle
- Central Region:11 constituencies out of NDC primaries
- Halt outsourcing of mining contracts - Mine workers Union
- Western North Region set for NDC primaries
- WANTED: Eric Kojo Duah, Buduburam Cops Killing Suspect
- Kasoa Police killing: Prime suspect arrested
- Police arrests three for killing police officers at Kasoa
- Akufo-Addo ungrateful, perpetuating an unjust betrayal on Dr Busia – Nana Frema Busia
- Fans open DJ Arafat’s coffin to confirm singer's dead body (Video)
- My two wives, child are dead after ‘exposing’ 'occultic pastors' - Evangelist Dominic Appiah
- Kpone Katamanso elects Joe T
- Ayanfuri: Clash between Operation Vanguard and youth leads to death of 2
- African Games: Rose Yeboah wins gold in women’s high jump
- Ayanfuri: Operation Vanguard, Locals Clash
- 2019 BECE: Results of 19 candidates cancelled for sending mobile phones to examination hall
- 3 suspects arrested for murdered police officers at Kasoa
- Anglogold Ashanti Iduaprime Mine - Tarkwa cuts sod for construction of Six Unit Classroom Block at Awudau
- You’ll lose 2020 Polls even if you rig - Islamic Cleric drops bombshell
- NDC parliamentary primaries results
- We’re not recruiting yet – Local Government Service