Johnson Asiedu Nketiah – General Secretary of NDC
UNCONFIRMED REPORT available to DGN online says each parliamentary aspirant of the National Democratic Congress (NDC) for the 2020 elections will be made to cough an amount of GH¢ 27,000.
This is because an insider information from the camp of the NDC picked up by DGN Online suggests that each aspirant would be paying GH¢2,000 as nomination forms fees and GH¢25,000 as filing fees.
Sitting Member of Parliament (MPs) of the NDC who choose to recontest would also be vomiting the amount.
The GH¢27,000 is a sharp increase in the amount the party charged for the 2016 elections.
It would be recalled that the NDC charged its parliamentary aspirants GH¢10,000 and made its presidential nominees to pay GH¢50,000 for the 2016 elections, which it lost abysmally.
In 2019, the NDC charged its presidential aspirants a whopping GH¢320,000 each.
With the NDC’s General Secretary, Johnson Asiedu Nketiah, crying not long ago that the NDC is broke, it is not surprising that the party is increasing fees on all front.
DGN Online understands that the GH¢27,000 was set during the NDC’s National Executive Committee (NEC’s) meeting held on Saturday, April 6, 2019.
This portal is informed that NEC has given the party’s Functional Executive Committee (FEC)
the mandate to determine dates for the conduct of parliamentary primaries after all the necessary consultations have been done.
FEC is expected to fix the dates anytime from now but must not go beyond August 2019, an insider told DGN Online.
BY Melvin Tarlue
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- I felt unbearable pain after DNA test proved 3 kids were not mine - Odartey Lamptey
- I am afraid - Suspected police killer speaks
- Top 10 richest African footballers in 2019; Essien, Gyan, Muntari make list
- We are traumatised after witnessing killing of policemen – 13-year-old girl cries
- Prisons Service denies unfair treatment claim by Nigerian jailed 130 years
- Scandal Rocks GRA; Board Chair Grabs GH₵1.4m
- Physically challenged woman thrown onto the Streets after brother sells her house
- WAEC releases 2019 BECE results
- Commanding Officer of Police Training School pulled out
- I’m not worried; Xenophobia or not people will always go to South Africa – SA High Commissioner to Ghana
- Xenophobic attacks: Ghana urged to cut ties with South Africa
- Here are all the results of the NDC parliamentary primaries
- I regret not checking up on Junior Agogo - Derek Boateng
- Stoubos CEO, others on trial for allegedly intercepting government communication
- Video: Solomon Asante scores in Phoenix Rising win in USL
- Emmanuel Frimpong blasts "overpaid" Arsenal players Mkhitaryan, Mustafi and Xhaka
- Stop attacking police officers – Mahama
- Legon medical student ‘commits suicide’
- We're ready to die to protect Ghana – Ghana Armed Forces
- Wanted: Police release photo of Eric Kojo Duah, Buduburam cops killing suspect
- Attack on Fulanis: Burkina Faso Consulate General in Bagurugu to broker peace
- Crowd abandon mob justice, ask thief to desilt gutters at Nkrumah Circle
- Teachers ill-prepared for rushed new curriculum – Educationist
- Central Region:11 constituencies out of NDC primaries
- Halt outsourcing of mining contracts - Mine workers Union
- Western North Region set for NDC primaries
- WANTED: Eric Kojo Duah, Buduburam Cops Killing Suspect
- Kasoa Police killing: Prime suspect arrested
- Police arrests three for killing police officers at Kasoa
- Akufo-Addo ungrateful, perpetuating an unjust betrayal on Dr Busia – Nana Frema Busia
- Fans open DJ Arafat’s coffin to confirm singer's dead body (Video)
- My two wives, child are dead after ‘exposing’ 'occultic pastors' - Evangelist Dominic Appiah
- Kpone Katamanso elects Joe T
- Ayanfuri: Clash between Operation Vanguard and youth leads to death of 2
- African Games: Rose Yeboah wins gold in women’s high jump
- Ayanfuri: Operation Vanguard, Locals Clash
- 2019 BECE: Results of 19 candidates cancelled for sending mobile phones to examination hall
- 3 suspects arrested for murdered police officers at Kasoa
- Anglogold Ashanti Iduaprime Mine - Tarkwa cuts sod for construction of Six Unit Classroom Block at Awudau
- You’ll lose 2020 Polls even if you rig - Islamic Cleric drops bombshell
- NDC parliamentary primaries results
- We’re not recruiting yet – Local Government Service