Mamfe Methodist girls senior high school has for the third consecutive time won the National high school entrepreneurship competition.
Tema technical, International community school and Opoku Ware School followed as 1st, 2nd, and 3rd runner-ups respectively.
Brainchild by the Students for the advancement of global entrepreneurship (Sage), the National high school entrepreneurship competition is structured to for students to identify a problem, develops solutions, and run them as a viable business.
The students were taken through a well-structured entrepreneurship curriculum and mentored by business experts.
The 4-day event at the University of Ghana business school saw about 1200 students from over 50 schools across the country battle each other with their entrepreneurial and technological innovations.
Methodist girl’s Akoma Inc project among other things, built a business around a solar-powered book that illuminates in the dark to aid reading. This innovation is particularly helpful as it holds the potential to immensely transform learning especially in areas around the globe still deprived of electricity.
1st runner ups, Tema Technical Institute, built a business around a device that detects gas leakages and notifies firefighters before it can escalate.
The Mamfe Methodist girls and Tema Technical institute would be representing Ghana in the USA at the global trophy while the third and fourth teams from International community school and Opoku Ware School would be representing the country for a chance to win the maiden edition of the Afroseed pitch competition for African teens in Abuja Nigeria.
Every year, SAGE Ghana holds the national high school entrepreneurship competition to allow students to identify a problem develops solutions these problems and run them as a viable business.
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- Shatta Bandle shows off his footballing skills to challenge Adebayor (Watch)
- No more expiry of voice, data bundles – Telcos ordered
- 12 soldiers grabbed in foiled coup plot
- Gov’t confirms discovery of Bombs and guns factory; arrest of Dr Mac-Palm others
- I wasn’t surprised my husband was overthrown - Limann’s Wife
- These are the 5 most powerful militaries in Africa in 2019
- Ghana traders cry foul as Nigeria shuts borders to ECOWAS countries
- Prof Amartey and Dr Wyns-Dogbe adjudged Marketing Personalities of the year
- Powerful photo of late Major Mahama's wife and kids pop up; sons look just like their dad
- 5 casual looks from Jackie Appiah every Ghanaian girl must imitate
- ‘Stop living double standards to win corruption fight’ - Father Amissah
- When Pastors Learn From Jesus (4)
- Alleged Coup Plot: Suspects Planned To Kidnap Akufo-Addo, Bawumia — Baako
- Who are they married to? - Here are 10 Ghanaian celebs who keep their love life away from the public
- Jordan Ayew scores late winner after VAR drama
- Meet the 14-year-old prostitute who is pregnant for her own father
- Gov’t Not Introducing Negative Sex Education To Kids – Akufo-Addo
- Sanitation Crisis Looms As Mudor Treatment Plant Faces Shutdown
- “The Good, The Bad And The Ugly” Side Of Antibiotics
- Underestimating The Meek And Gentle
- 3 Women Sweep 2019 Best Teacher Awards
- 3 alleged coup plotters set for court today
- Best Cocoa Farmer Lauds Gov’t
- At Last An Action On Plastics
- 8th time lucky: Central Bank of Kenya saves Kenyans from expensive loans and retains lending rate at 9.0% for the eighth time in a row
- Oppong-Boanuh Confirmed IGP
- Telcos must disregard Communication Ministry’s directive on CST – Franklin Cudjoe
- Banking cleanup: Bawumia was right, BOG saved 4.6m depositors’ funds
- CSE is ‘satanic’ and we'll not hesitate to walk our children out of classrooms - Rev. Dr. Frimpong Manso
- Akufo-Addo Gov't To Close Down Power FM Too?
- Any poor pastor who blesses you is releasing poverty on you - Badu Kobi asserts
- Gov’t to constitute 17-member Council to oversee Ghana Beyond Aid implementation
- Germany, UK Deport 22 Ghanaian Men For Offences
- We’ll respond to shareholders of collapsed banks - Oppong Nkrumah
- Posterity will applaud you for Free SHS, 1D1F – Kumawu Omanhene to Nana Addo
- Canadian High Commissioner visits Ya-Na
- GFA Elections: George Afriyie receives ringing endorsement from Medeama
- Thank You Mr. President--New Gbawe Residents Grateful
- GFA Elections: Wilfred Kweku Osei to head to FIFA, CAS after NC rejected his appeal
- Interview sessions could have granted law students a second chance – GBA
- Our 'I-stole-in-billions-but-you-stole-in-millions' kind of politics 'worrying' – A-G
- University of Ghana exceeds 50:50 gender ratio intake