Mamfe Methodist girls senior high school has for the third consecutive time won the National high school entrepreneurship competition.
Tema technical, International community school and Opoku Ware School followed as 1st, 2nd, and 3rd runner-ups respectively.
Brainchild by the Students for the advancement of global entrepreneurship (Sage), the National high school entrepreneurship competition is structured to for students to identify a problem, develops solutions, and run them as a viable business.
The students were taken through a well-structured entrepreneurship curriculum and mentored by business experts.
The 4-day event at the University of Ghana business school saw about 1200 students from over 50 schools across the country battle each other with their entrepreneurial and technological innovations.
Methodist girl’s Akoma Inc project among other things, built a business around a solar-powered book that illuminates in the dark to aid reading. This innovation is particularly helpful as it holds the potential to immensely transform learning especially in areas around the globe still deprived of electricity.
1st runner ups, Tema Technical Institute, built a business around a device that detects gas leakages and notifies firefighters before it can escalate.
The Mamfe Methodist girls and Tema Technical institute would be representing Ghana in the USA at the global trophy while the third and fourth teams from International community school and Opoku Ware School would be representing the country for a chance to win the maiden edition of the Afroseed pitch competition for African teens in Abuja Nigeria.
Every year, SAGE Ghana holds the national high school entrepreneurship competition to allow students to identify a problem develops solutions these problems and run them as a viable business.
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- Policewoman killed after shouting ‘Jesus, Jesus’; crime experts airlifted to Tamale to track killers
- Meet the lady making money in the forest
- Ex-IGP Executive Secretary rides bicycle to file NDC parliamentary primary nomination
- Suspend prosecution of NAM 1 – Menzgold customers petition AG
- Photos of Akufo-Addo’s 'fearsome' bodyguard hit the internet
- Announcing OKUSACA 2019 ODWIRA/OHUM In North America
- Edem Fairre urges amendment on suicide attempt law for mental illness at the launch of her depression and anxiety forum
- Captaincy: Kwesi Appiah broke my heart – Asamoah Gyan
- [Audio] 'How Can An Intern Interview Me?' —Sanitation Minister
- Body exhumed by Sakawa boys is chief’s mother – Police
- Discrimination against private university graduates makes me very angry – Prof Adei
- Stop wasting the time and monies of your clients – Retiring SC Judge to Lawyers
- Adwoa Safo grabs a husband
- Our Operation 'No Pickup, No Mercy' Will Force You To Return Our Stolen Pickup—NDC Basintale To Minister
- I’ll not allow mass production of Lawyers – Chief Justice
- Operation Drop Down Your Tools
- Colin Essamuah Has Died
- 2019 WASSCE Results Released; 48,855 Candidates Results Withheld
- 2019 WASSCE: Akufo-Addo, Napo deserve National Awards - Chairman Wontumi
- I can’t suffer for sitting MP to enjoy; I’ll return to Parliament – Ex MP
- Mamfe Girls Beats Tema, Opoku Ware, To Win High School Entrepreneurship Competition.
- Closed season yielding little to no results – Fishermen complain
- Curses may befall those insulting my husband – Wife of Prophet Badu Kobi warns
- Juju fails police killer, as bullets pierce arms, stomach, rib et al
- Gyan questions why Kwesi Appiah took him to 2019 AFCON
- GNAT Upper West Raises Red Flag On Ges/sic Life Insurance Policy Deductions
- The Tale Of The Unrecognized Hero With The Microphone!
- Rural Smile Foundation CEO calls on government to build more libraries in Ghana
- Fatawu Dauda reveals why Wakaso wept after Ghana’s AFCON exit
- Supreme Court judge Sophia Adinyira retires
- Prof Peter Quartey appointed head of ISSER
- AngloGold employs 3,000 at redeveloped Obuasi Mine
- 'Our MP is not a funeral attendant' - Atiwa East NPP blasts NDC
- Regional Minister joins Catholic Church to outdoor new priests
- Chiefs rally Western North indigenes to vote against Akufo-Addo and NPP
- Murdered police woman to be buried August 24
- Betway AFCON predictor winner walks away with GHC 60,000
- Colin Essamuah dead
- Ghana won’t be hearing good news from October to December – Prophet Cosmos reveals
- NDC Vice Chair, others joined NPP out of pain – NDC speaks
- Mubarak Wakaso is the only worthy Black Stars player - Triple A
- I’m still looking for my “Mr Right” – Juliet Ibrahim