All emotions are healthy to have but not to act out. They play a vital role in our development as human beings. Anxiety and depression are about something that has taken place or might take place.
Anxiety and depression is a mental health disorder characterized by persistent sad moods, loss of interest in activities and prolonged thinking causing significant impairment in daily life.
Close to 800,000 people die due to suicide with 65% of them caused by DEPRESSION.
The Edem Fairre Foundation held a Depression and Anxiety Management Forum at Airport View Hotel last Saturday in Accra and also announced their tertiary tour across all tertiary institutions in Ghana and beyond.
The Forum dubbed “you are not alone”, had some seasoned speakers like Mrs. Victoria Sarfo Nkansah, Dr. Lord Kudolo, Prophet Courage A. Heavens, Abdala Moore(Depression Activist), Jessica Owoo(Mental Health Nurse), Dr Newman Arthur, Sheikh Nuhu Issah Bandago, Kojo Daasebre. They shared their expertise and knowledge about the reality of depression in this generation and also discuss identifying symptoms or early signs, causes, and natural solutions for many mental health issues including depression and anxiety that affect so many people today.
In the forum organized by the Edem Fairre Foundation, Edem Fairre revealed that she tried to take her life on two occasions due to how depressed she was but failed.
Also, she mentioned that through her research, she found out that people are unable to open up about depressed condition and even if they do, they are stigmatized as mentally ill people. In Addition, Edem said she recently found out that attempted suicide which is one of the end results of depression and anxiety is a crime and urge the lawmakers to help make the amendment so victims can undergo treatment while their issues are being investigated.
“I won’t say I have fully recovered but now I am able to pinpoint when I am getting there.” She said
She, therefore, encouraged Ghanaians struggling with depression and anxiety that they are not alone in this fight hence the Depression and Anxiety Management Forum(You are not alone).
The Forum was Supported by Max International Ghana, Verna Water, Twellium Foundation, Planet Drinks, and Geovision
Media Sponsors TV7, Panafricantv, Ameyaw Debrah, Eventlabgh, Zionfelix, Ghkwaku, and Glovitghana.
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- Policewoman killed after shouting ‘Jesus, Jesus’; crime experts airlifted to Tamale to track killers
- Meet the lady making money in the forest
- Ex-IGP Executive Secretary rides bicycle to file NDC parliamentary primary nomination
- Suspend prosecution of NAM 1 – Menzgold customers petition AG
- Photos of Akufo-Addo’s 'fearsome' bodyguard hit the internet
- Announcing OKUSACA 2019 ODWIRA/OHUM In North America
- Edem Fairre urges amendment on suicide attempt law for mental illness at the launch of her depression and anxiety forum
- Captaincy: Kwesi Appiah broke my heart – Asamoah Gyan
- [Audio] 'How Can An Intern Interview Me?' —Sanitation Minister
- Body exhumed by Sakawa boys is chief’s mother – Police
- Discrimination against private university graduates makes me very angry – Prof Adei
- Stop wasting the time and monies of your clients – Retiring SC Judge to Lawyers
- Adwoa Safo grabs a husband
- Our Operation 'No Pickup, No Mercy' Will Force You To Return Our Stolen Pickup—NDC Basintale To Minister
- I’ll not allow mass production of Lawyers – Chief Justice
- Operation Drop Down Your Tools
- Colin Essamuah Has Died
- I can’t suffer for sitting MP to enjoy; I’ll return to Parliament – Ex MP
- 2019 WASSCE Results Released; 48,855 Candidates Results Withheld
- 2019 WASSCE: Akufo-Addo, Napo deserve National Awards - Chairman Wontumi
- Mamfe Girls Beats Tema, Opoku Ware, To Win High School Entrepreneurship Competition.
- Closed season yielding little to no results – Fishermen complain
- Curses may befall those insulting my husband – Wife of Prophet Badu Kobi warns
- GNAT Upper West Raises Red Flag On Ges/sic Life Insurance Policy Deductions
- Juju fails police killer, as bullets pierce arms, stomach, rib et al
- Gyan questions why Kwesi Appiah took him to 2019 AFCON
- The Tale Of The Unrecognized Hero With The Microphone!
- Rural Smile Foundation CEO calls on government to build more libraries in Ghana
- Fatawu Dauda reveals why Wakaso wept after Ghana’s AFCON exit
- Supreme Court judge Sophia Adinyira retires
- Prof Peter Quartey appointed head of ISSER
- AngloGold employs 3,000 at redeveloped Obuasi Mine
- 'Our MP is not a funeral attendant' - Atiwa East NPP blasts NDC
- Regional Minister joins Catholic Church to outdoor new priests
- Chiefs rally Western North indigenes to vote against Akufo-Addo and NPP
- Murdered police woman to be buried August 24
- Betway AFCON predictor winner walks away with GHC 60,000
- Colin Essamuah dead
- Ghana won’t be hearing good news from October to December – Prophet Cosmos reveals
- NDC Vice Chair, others joined NPP out of pain – NDC speaks
- Mubarak Wakaso is the only worthy Black Stars player - Triple A
- I’m still looking for my “Mr Right” – Juliet Ibrahim