All emotions are healthy to have but not to act out. They play a vital role in our development as human beings. Anxiety and depression are about something that has taken place or might take place.
Anxiety and depression is a mental health disorder characterized by persistent sad moods, loss of interest in activities and prolonged thinking causing significant impairment in daily life.
Close to 800,000 people die due to suicide with 65% of them caused by DEPRESSION.
The Edem Fairre Foundation held a Depression and Anxiety Management Forum at Airport View Hotel last Saturday in Accra and also announced their tertiary tour across all tertiary institutions in Ghana and beyond.
The Forum dubbed “you are not alone”, had some seasoned speakers like Mrs. Victoria Sarfo Nkansah, Dr. Lord Kudolo, Prophet Courage A. Heavens, Abdala Moore(Depression Activist), Jessica Owoo(Mental Health Nurse), Dr Newman Arthur, Sheikh Nuhu Issah Bandago, Kojo Daasebre. They shared their expertise and knowledge about the reality of depression in this generation and also discuss identifying symptoms or early signs, causes, and natural solutions for many mental health issues including depression and anxiety that affect so many people today.
In the forum organized by the Edem Fairre Foundation, Edem Fairre revealed that she tried to take her life on two occasions due to how depressed she was but failed.
Also, she mentioned that through her research, she found out that people are unable to open up about depressed condition and even if they do, they are stigmatized as mentally ill people. In Addition, Edem said she recently found out that attempted suicide which is one of the end results of depression and anxiety is a crime and urge the lawmakers to help make the amendment so victims can undergo treatment while their issues are being investigated.
“I won’t say I have fully recovered but now I am able to pinpoint when I am getting there.” She said
She, therefore, encouraged Ghanaians struggling with depression and anxiety that they are not alone in this fight hence the Depression and Anxiety Management Forum(You are not alone).
The Forum was Supported by Max International Ghana, Verna Water, Twellium Foundation, Planet Drinks, and Geovision
Media Sponsors TV7, Panafricantv, Ameyaw Debrah, Eventlabgh, Zionfelix, Ghkwaku, and Glovitghana.
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- Shatta Bandle shows off his footballing skills to challenge Adebayor (Watch)
- No more expiry of voice, data bundles – Telcos ordered
- 12 soldiers grabbed in foiled coup plot
- Gov’t confirms discovery of Bombs and guns factory; arrest of Dr Mac-Palm others
- I wasn’t surprised my husband was overthrown - Limann’s Wife
- These are the 5 most powerful militaries in Africa in 2019
- Prof Amartey and Dr Wyns-Dogbe adjudged Marketing Personalities of the year
- Ghana traders cry foul as Nigeria shuts borders to ECOWAS countries
- Powerful photo of late Major Mahama's wife and kids pop up; sons look just like their dad
- 5 casual looks from Jackie Appiah every Ghanaian girl must imitate
- ‘Stop living double standards to win corruption fight’ - Father Amissah
- When Pastors Learn From Jesus (4)
- Alleged Coup Plot: Suspects Planned To Kidnap Akufo-Addo, Bawumia — Baako
- Who are they married to? - Here are 10 Ghanaian celebs who keep their love life away from the public
- Jordan Ayew scores late winner after VAR drama
- Meet the 14-year-old prostitute who is pregnant for her own father
- Gov’t Not Introducing Negative Sex Education To Kids – Akufo-Addo
- Sanitation Crisis Looms As Mudor Treatment Plant Faces Shutdown
- “The Good, The Bad And The Ugly” Side Of Antibiotics
- Underestimating The Meek And Gentle
- 3 Women Sweep 2019 Best Teacher Awards
- 3 alleged coup plotters set for court today
- Best Cocoa Farmer Lauds Gov’t
- At Last An Action On Plastics
- 8th time lucky: Central Bank of Kenya saves Kenyans from expensive loans and retains lending rate at 9.0% for the eighth time in a row
- Oppong-Boanuh Confirmed IGP
- Telcos must disregard Communication Ministry’s directive on CST – Franklin Cudjoe
- CSE is ‘satanic’ and we'll not hesitate to walk our children out of classrooms - Rev. Dr. Frimpong Manso
- Banking cleanup: Bawumia was right, BOG saved 4.6m depositors’ funds
- Akufo-Addo Gov't To Close Down Power FM Too?
- Any poor pastor who blesses you is releasing poverty on you - Badu Kobi asserts
- Gov’t to constitute 17-member Council to oversee Ghana Beyond Aid implementation
- Germany, UK Deport 22 Ghanaian Men For Offences
- We’ll respond to shareholders of collapsed banks - Oppong Nkrumah
- Posterity will applaud you for Free SHS, 1D1F – Kumawu Omanhene to Nana Addo
- Canadian High Commissioner visits Ya-Na
- GFA Elections: George Afriyie receives ringing endorsement from Medeama
- Thank You Mr. President--New Gbawe Residents Grateful
- GFA Elections: Wilfred Kweku Osei to head to FIFA, CAS after NC rejected his appeal
- Interview sessions could have granted law students a second chance – GBA
- Our 'I-stole-in-billions-but-you-stole-in-millions' kind of politics 'worrying' – A-G
- University of Ghana exceeds 50:50 gender ratio intake