The GNAT Upper West wishes to unreservedly register its displeasure with the manner in which the management of the Ghana Education Service (GES) is handling the GES/SIC life policy deductions without the consent of our members.
The management of GES effected the policy deductions in the month of June, 2018 on the salaries of all GES workers, to which GNAT members were not left out. These deductions contravened sections 69(2) b and 70 of the Labour Act 2003 (ACT 651).
This brought about a lot of agitations from our members because the GES failed to sensitize them before implementing the policy. Exit forms were later made available to our members to fill and exit if they so wish. This did not go down well with our members in the region since they did not fill forms to join the policy. All the same our members took the pain to fill these exit forms. To our dismay, in the month of July, 2019 the policy deductions of Ten Ghana Cedis (GH¢10.00) reappeared on the pay slips of our members.
In view of the bad faith exhibited by Management of GES/SIC life, the GNAT Upper West resolved on the following:
- All GES/SIC life policy deductions be taken off from the pay slips of our members with immediate effect.
- The Management of GES/SIC life should refund all deductions made on the salaries of our members with immediate effect.
- The management of GES/SIC life should provide membership forms to interested members to fill to join the policy.
If the above issues are not addressed by 31st August, 2019, the leadership of GNAT Upper West cannot restrain its members from taken any action.
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- Shatta Bandle shows off his footballing skills to challenge Adebayor (Watch)
- No more expiry of voice, data bundles – Telcos ordered
- 12 soldiers grabbed in foiled coup plot
- Gov’t confirms discovery of Bombs and guns factory; arrest of Dr Mac-Palm others
- I wasn’t surprised my husband was overthrown - Limann’s Wife
- These are the 5 most powerful militaries in Africa in 2019
- Prof Amartey and Dr Wyns-Dogbe adjudged Marketing Personalities of the year
- Ghana traders cry foul as Nigeria shuts borders to ECOWAS countries
- Powerful photo of late Major Mahama's wife and kids pop up; sons look just like their dad
- 5 casual looks from Jackie Appiah every Ghanaian girl must imitate
- ‘Stop living double standards to win corruption fight’ - Father Amissah
- When Pastors Learn From Jesus (4)
- Alleged Coup Plot: Suspects Planned To Kidnap Akufo-Addo, Bawumia — Baako
- Who are they married to? - Here are 10 Ghanaian celebs who keep their love life away from the public
- Jordan Ayew scores late winner after VAR drama
- Meet the 14-year-old prostitute who is pregnant for her own father
- Gov’t Not Introducing Negative Sex Education To Kids – Akufo-Addo
- Sanitation Crisis Looms As Mudor Treatment Plant Faces Shutdown
- “The Good, The Bad And The Ugly” Side Of Antibiotics
- Underestimating The Meek And Gentle
- 3 Women Sweep 2019 Best Teacher Awards
- 3 alleged coup plotters set for court today
- Best Cocoa Farmer Lauds Gov’t
- At Last An Action On Plastics
- 8th time lucky: Central Bank of Kenya saves Kenyans from expensive loans and retains lending rate at 9.0% for the eighth time in a row
- Oppong-Boanuh Confirmed IGP
- Telcos must disregard Communication Ministry’s directive on CST – Franklin Cudjoe
- CSE is ‘satanic’ and we'll not hesitate to walk our children out of classrooms - Rev. Dr. Frimpong Manso
- Banking cleanup: Bawumia was right, BOG saved 4.6m depositors’ funds
- Akufo-Addo Gov't To Close Down Power FM Too?
- Any poor pastor who blesses you is releasing poverty on you - Badu Kobi asserts
- Gov’t to constitute 17-member Council to oversee Ghana Beyond Aid implementation
- Germany, UK Deport 22 Ghanaian Men For Offences
- We’ll respond to shareholders of collapsed banks - Oppong Nkrumah
- Posterity will applaud you for Free SHS, 1D1F – Kumawu Omanhene to Nana Addo
- Canadian High Commissioner visits Ya-Na
- GFA Elections: George Afriyie receives ringing endorsement from Medeama
- Thank You Mr. President--New Gbawe Residents Grateful
- GFA Elections: Wilfred Kweku Osei to head to FIFA, CAS after NC rejected his appeal
- Interview sessions could have granted law students a second chance – GBA
- Our 'I-stole-in-billions-but-you-stole-in-millions' kind of politics 'worrying' – A-G
- University of Ghana exceeds 50:50 gender ratio intake