The GNAT Upper West wishes to unreservedly register its displeasure with the manner in which the management of the Ghana Education Service (GES) is handling the GES/SIC life policy deductions without the consent of our members.
The management of GES effected the policy deductions in the month of June, 2018 on the salaries of all GES workers, to which GNAT members were not left out. These deductions contravened sections 69(2) b and 70 of the Labour Act 2003 (ACT 651).
This brought about a lot of agitations from our members because the GES failed to sensitize them before implementing the policy. Exit forms were later made available to our members to fill and exit if they so wish. This did not go down well with our members in the region since they did not fill forms to join the policy. All the same our members took the pain to fill these exit forms. To our dismay, in the month of July, 2019 the policy deductions of Ten Ghana Cedis (GH¢10.00) reappeared on the pay slips of our members.
In view of the bad faith exhibited by Management of GES/SIC life, the GNAT Upper West resolved on the following:
- All GES/SIC life policy deductions be taken off from the pay slips of our members with immediate effect.
- The Management of GES/SIC life should refund all deductions made on the salaries of our members with immediate effect.
- The management of GES/SIC life should provide membership forms to interested members to fill to join the policy.
If the above issues are not addressed by 31st August, 2019, the leadership of GNAT Upper West cannot restrain its members from taken any action.
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- Policewoman killed after shouting ‘Jesus, Jesus’; crime experts airlifted to Tamale to track killers
- Meet the lady making money in the forest
- Ex-IGP Executive Secretary rides bicycle to file NDC parliamentary primary nomination
- Suspend prosecution of NAM 1 – Menzgold customers petition AG
- Photos of Akufo-Addo’s 'fearsome' bodyguard hit the internet
- Announcing OKUSACA 2019 ODWIRA/OHUM In North America
- Edem Fairre urges amendment on suicide attempt law for mental illness at the launch of her depression and anxiety forum
- Captaincy: Kwesi Appiah broke my heart – Asamoah Gyan
- [Audio] 'How Can An Intern Interview Me?' —Sanitation Minister
- Body exhumed by Sakawa boys is chief’s mother – Police
- Discrimination against private university graduates makes me very angry – Prof Adei
- Stop wasting the time and monies of your clients – Retiring SC Judge to Lawyers
- Adwoa Safo grabs a husband
- Our Operation 'No Pickup, No Mercy' Will Force You To Return Our Stolen Pickup—NDC Basintale To Minister
- I’ll not allow mass production of Lawyers – Chief Justice
- Operation Drop Down Your Tools
- Colin Essamuah Has Died
- 2019 WASSCE Results Released; 48,855 Candidates Results Withheld
- 2019 WASSCE: Akufo-Addo, Napo deserve National Awards - Chairman Wontumi
- I can’t suffer for sitting MP to enjoy; I’ll return to Parliament – Ex MP
- Mamfe Girls Beats Tema, Opoku Ware, To Win High School Entrepreneurship Competition.
- Closed season yielding little to no results – Fishermen complain
- Curses may befall those insulting my husband – Wife of Prophet Badu Kobi warns
- Juju fails police killer, as bullets pierce arms, stomach, rib et al
- Gyan questions why Kwesi Appiah took him to 2019 AFCON
- GNAT Upper West Raises Red Flag On Ges/sic Life Insurance Policy Deductions
- The Tale Of The Unrecognized Hero With The Microphone!
- Rural Smile Foundation CEO calls on government to build more libraries in Ghana
- Fatawu Dauda reveals why Wakaso wept after Ghana’s AFCON exit
- Supreme Court judge Sophia Adinyira retires
- Prof Peter Quartey appointed head of ISSER
- AngloGold employs 3,000 at redeveloped Obuasi Mine
- 'Our MP is not a funeral attendant' - Atiwa East NPP blasts NDC
- Regional Minister joins Catholic Church to outdoor new priests
- Chiefs rally Western North indigenes to vote against Akufo-Addo and NPP
- Murdered police woman to be buried August 24
- Betway AFCON predictor winner walks away with GHC 60,000
- Colin Essamuah dead
- Ghana won’t be hearing good news from October to December – Prophet Cosmos reveals
- NDC Vice Chair, others joined NPP out of pain – NDC speaks
- Mubarak Wakaso is the only worthy Black Stars player - Triple A
- I’m still looking for my “Mr Right” – Juliet Ibrahim