The CEO of Rural Smile Foundation(NGO) that is based in Ejura in the Ashanti Region abd working to support Children Education, Women Economic Empowerment aand Persons with disability, Abubakar Saddique Ahmed has called on other stakeholders and government especially to prioritize building more libraries across Ghana.
He made this call when a partnership between them and Ceciyaa Foundation( NGO) that focuses on Education,Economic Empowerment and Evangelism stocked the children section of the Ejura Community Library with over 1,500 reading books. This is part of their vision to close the illiteracy gap in rural communities.
Mr . Abubakar Saddique Ahmed indicated that “, reading is fundamental to learning . He also indicated that , the Library is the Hospital of the Mind. He added that , if we want to build a prosperous society,then , our investment into building more libraries across the country should be a priority. “
About 50% of pupils at the Basic Level cannot read according to a UNICEF report . This is an alarming situation and strategic effort has to be made to help ameliorate this so as to keep more kids in school.
Speakers at the Event include Alhaji Abdul Kadir Iddris who is an advocate for community development in the ZONGO communities through education, Mr. Isaac Afriyie- Ashanti Regional Rep. of Centre for Better Society Advocacy and Research Africa (CEBSAR-Africa) who also donated five (5) copies of Chemistry books he authored to the Ejura community library, Nana Ama Assenso-Onyinah who doubles as the PRO for CEBSAR-Africa and Abdullahi Musaho who represented Ceciyaa Foundation all spoke about the need for society to join hands and promote literacy to curb ignorance.
A section of the library was also filled Quran ,Bilble and The 1992 Constitution towards the realization of the “MY GOD,MY COUNTRY “ initiative that seeks to imbue into the young ones the knowledge about GOD and the constitution of the country of Ghana.
The Assemblyman for the Area ,Mr. Dadzie (Chairman) , the librarian and the representative of the Municipal Chief Executive, expressed their profound gratitude to Ceciyaa Foundation,Rural Smile Foundation And Centre for Better Society Advocacy and Research-Africa for working tirelessly to hold such an educative Durba to discuss the Impact of Libraries towards a better society.
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- Policewoman killed after shouting ‘Jesus, Jesus’; crime experts airlifted to Tamale to track killers
- Meet the lady making money in the forest
- Ex-IGP Executive Secretary rides bicycle to file NDC parliamentary primary nomination
- Suspend prosecution of NAM 1 – Menzgold customers petition AG
- Photos of Akufo-Addo’s 'fearsome' bodyguard hit the internet
- Announcing OKUSACA 2019 ODWIRA/OHUM In North America
- Edem Fairre urges amendment on suicide attempt law for mental illness at the launch of her depression and anxiety forum
- Captaincy: Kwesi Appiah broke my heart – Asamoah Gyan
- [Audio] 'How Can An Intern Interview Me?' —Sanitation Minister
- Body exhumed by Sakawa boys is chief’s mother – Police
- Discrimination against private university graduates makes me very angry – Prof Adei
- Stop wasting the time and monies of your clients – Retiring SC Judge to Lawyers
- Adwoa Safo grabs a husband
- Our Operation 'No Pickup, No Mercy' Will Force You To Return Our Stolen Pickup—NDC Basintale To Minister
- I’ll not allow mass production of Lawyers – Chief Justice
- Operation Drop Down Your Tools
- Colin Essamuah Has Died
- 2019 WASSCE Results Released; 48,855 Candidates Results Withheld
- 2019 WASSCE: Akufo-Addo, Napo deserve National Awards - Chairman Wontumi
- I can’t suffer for sitting MP to enjoy; I’ll return to Parliament – Ex MP
- Mamfe Girls Beats Tema, Opoku Ware, To Win High School Entrepreneurship Competition.
- Closed season yielding little to no results – Fishermen complain
- Curses may befall those insulting my husband – Wife of Prophet Badu Kobi warns
- Juju fails police killer, as bullets pierce arms, stomach, rib et al
- Gyan questions why Kwesi Appiah took him to 2019 AFCON
- GNAT Upper West Raises Red Flag On Ges/sic Life Insurance Policy Deductions
- The Tale Of The Unrecognized Hero With The Microphone!
- Rural Smile Foundation CEO calls on government to build more libraries in Ghana
- Fatawu Dauda reveals why Wakaso wept after Ghana’s AFCON exit
- Supreme Court judge Sophia Adinyira retires
- Prof Peter Quartey appointed head of ISSER
- AngloGold employs 3,000 at redeveloped Obuasi Mine
- 'Our MP is not a funeral attendant' - Atiwa East NPP blasts NDC
- Regional Minister joins Catholic Church to outdoor new priests
- Chiefs rally Western North indigenes to vote against Akufo-Addo and NPP
- Murdered police woman to be buried August 24
- Betway AFCON predictor winner walks away with GHC 60,000
- Colin Essamuah dead
- Ghana won’t be hearing good news from October to December – Prophet Cosmos reveals
- NDC Vice Chair, others joined NPP out of pain – NDC speaks
- Mubarak Wakaso is the only worthy Black Stars player - Triple A
- I’m still looking for my “Mr Right” – Juliet Ibrahim