The CEO of Rural Smile Foundation(NGO) that is based in Ejura in the Ashanti Region abd working to support Children Education, Women Economic Empowerment aand Persons with disability, Abubakar Saddique Ahmed has called on other stakeholders and government especially to prioritize building more libraries across Ghana.
He made this call when a partnership between them and Ceciyaa Foundation( NGO) that focuses on Education,Economic Empowerment and Evangelism stocked the children section of the Ejura Community Library with over 1,500 reading books. This is part of their vision to close the illiteracy gap in rural communities.
Mr . Abubakar Saddique Ahmed indicated that “, reading is fundamental to learning . He also indicated that , the Library is the Hospital of the Mind. He added that , if we want to build a prosperous society,then , our investment into building more libraries across the country should be a priority. “
About 50% of pupils at the Basic Level cannot read according to a UNICEF report . This is an alarming situation and strategic effort has to be made to help ameliorate this so as to keep more kids in school.
Speakers at the Event include Alhaji Abdul Kadir Iddris who is an advocate for community development in the ZONGO communities through education, Mr. Isaac Afriyie- Ashanti Regional Rep. of Centre for Better Society Advocacy and Research Africa (CEBSAR-Africa) who also donated five (5) copies of Chemistry books he authored to the Ejura community library, Nana Ama Assenso-Onyinah who doubles as the PRO for CEBSAR-Africa and Abdullahi Musaho who represented Ceciyaa Foundation all spoke about the need for society to join hands and promote literacy to curb ignorance.
A section of the library was also filled Quran ,Bilble and The 1992 Constitution towards the realization of the “MY GOD,MY COUNTRY “ initiative that seeks to imbue into the young ones the knowledge about GOD and the constitution of the country of Ghana.
The Assemblyman for the Area ,Mr. Dadzie (Chairman) , the librarian and the representative of the Municipal Chief Executive, expressed their profound gratitude to Ceciyaa Foundation,Rural Smile Foundation And Centre for Better Society Advocacy and Research-Africa for working tirelessly to hold such an educative Durba to discuss the Impact of Libraries towards a better society.
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- Shatta Bandle shows off his footballing skills to challenge Adebayor (Watch)
- No more expiry of voice, data bundles – Telcos ordered
- 12 soldiers grabbed in foiled coup plot
- Gov’t confirms discovery of Bombs and guns factory; arrest of Dr Mac-Palm others
- I wasn’t surprised my husband was overthrown - Limann’s Wife
- These are the 5 most powerful militaries in Africa in 2019
- Prof Amartey and Dr Wyns-Dogbe adjudged Marketing Personalities of the year
- Ghana traders cry foul as Nigeria shuts borders to ECOWAS countries
- Powerful photo of late Major Mahama's wife and kids pop up; sons look just like their dad
- 5 casual looks from Jackie Appiah every Ghanaian girl must imitate
- ‘Stop living double standards to win corruption fight’ - Father Amissah
- When Pastors Learn From Jesus (4)
- Alleged Coup Plot: Suspects Planned To Kidnap Akufo-Addo, Bawumia — Baako
- Who are they married to? - Here are 10 Ghanaian celebs who keep their love life away from the public
- Jordan Ayew scores late winner after VAR drama
- Meet the 14-year-old prostitute who is pregnant for her own father
- Gov’t Not Introducing Negative Sex Education To Kids – Akufo-Addo
- Sanitation Crisis Looms As Mudor Treatment Plant Faces Shutdown
- “The Good, The Bad And The Ugly” Side Of Antibiotics
- Underestimating The Meek And Gentle
- 3 Women Sweep 2019 Best Teacher Awards
- 3 alleged coup plotters set for court today
- Best Cocoa Farmer Lauds Gov’t
- At Last An Action On Plastics
- 8th time lucky: Central Bank of Kenya saves Kenyans from expensive loans and retains lending rate at 9.0% for the eighth time in a row
- Oppong-Boanuh Confirmed IGP
- Telcos must disregard Communication Ministry’s directive on CST – Franklin Cudjoe
- CSE is ‘satanic’ and we'll not hesitate to walk our children out of classrooms - Rev. Dr. Frimpong Manso
- Banking cleanup: Bawumia was right, BOG saved 4.6m depositors’ funds
- Akufo-Addo Gov't To Close Down Power FM Too?
- Any poor pastor who blesses you is releasing poverty on you - Badu Kobi asserts
- Gov’t to constitute 17-member Council to oversee Ghana Beyond Aid implementation
- Germany, UK Deport 22 Ghanaian Men For Offences
- We’ll respond to shareholders of collapsed banks - Oppong Nkrumah
- Posterity will applaud you for Free SHS, 1D1F – Kumawu Omanhene to Nana Addo
- Canadian High Commissioner visits Ya-Na
- GFA Elections: George Afriyie receives ringing endorsement from Medeama
- Thank You Mr. President--New Gbawe Residents Grateful
- GFA Elections: Wilfred Kweku Osei to head to FIFA, CAS after NC rejected his appeal
- Interview sessions could have granted law students a second chance – GBA
- Our 'I-stole-in-billions-but-you-stole-in-millions' kind of politics 'worrying' – A-G
- University of Ghana exceeds 50:50 gender ratio intake