Mrs Morrison (second left) in a symbolic hand over of the laptop to a district social welfare officer
The Ministry of Gender, Children and Social Protection has presented 206 laptop computers to district social welfare officers across the country.
The move seeks to aid the collection of data particularly on the Livelihood Empowerment Against Poverty Programme (LEAP).
Presenting some of the laptops to district officers in the Greater Accra Region at the premises of the Ministry in Accra, Cynthia Maamle Morrison, sector minster commended the officers for the work they are doing in helping the most vulnerable in society leap out of poverty.
She said her interactions with the beneficiaries show that with little push more people under the programme can be financially self sufficient to allow for vulnerable people who are not on the programme to be supported.
“Most of them are using the money to engage in small businesses like soap and gari making, so it means that if we get the right data we can give them a substantial amount of money to do that business so they can leap out of poverty,” she noted.
Mrs. Morrison encouraged the district officers to improve on the current data they collect so a case can be made for substantial support for those who need it most.
Assistant Director of LEAP, Myles Ongoh, in a short remark expressed gratitude to the ministry particularly Mrs. Morrison for her tireless effort in ensuring that the social welfare of the population is taken care of.
He said the laptops will be put to good use by the district social welfare officers.
By Jamila Akweley Okertchiri
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- Shatta Bandle shows off his footballing skills to challenge Adebayor (Watch)
- SDA pastor accused of sleeping with multiple women under pretext of marrying them
- Two arrested in Accra for allegedly manufacturing guns, explosives
- 12 soldiers grabbed in foiled coup plot
- SHS placement brouhaha: IT expert exposes weaknesses in CSSPS
- Gov’t confirms discovery of Bombs and guns factory; arrest of Dr Mac-Palm others
- Prof Amartey and Dr Wyns-Dogbe adjudged Marketing Personalities of the year
- I wasn’t surprised my husband was overthrown - Limann’s Wife
- Ghana traders cry foul as Nigeria shuts borders to ECOWAS countries
- These are the 5 most powerful militaries in Africa in 2019
- These 5 international airports are currently the fastest growing in the world and handled more than 250,000 metric tonnes of cargo in 2018
- 86 people graduate under Caterpillar's Technicians for Africa Project
- ‘Asantehene hates Mahama’ – Pro-NDC group
- 5 casual looks from Jackie Appiah every Ghanaian girl must imitate
- Powerful photo of late Major Mahama's wife and kids pop up; sons look just like their dad
- No more expiry of voice, data bundles – Telcos ordered
- Mahama ‘runs’ to Otumfuo over defeat concession controversy
- 16-year-old Gilbert Otyeng crawls 6km daily to school
- ‘Stop living double standards to win corruption fight’ - Father Amissah
- Alleged Coup Plot: Suspects Planned To Kidnap Akufo-Addo, Bawumia — Baako
- Who are they married to? - Here are 10 Ghanaian celebs who keep their love life away from the public
- Former Black Stars striker Junior Agogo cremated in London
- “The Good, The Bad And The Ugly” Side Of Antibiotics
- Princess Shyngle’s boyfriend proposes to her in America with an expensive ring (watch)
- CSE is ‘satanic’ and we'll not hesitate to walk our children out of classrooms - Rev. Dr. Frimpong Manso
- 8th time lucky: Central Bank of Kenya saves Kenyans from expensive loans and retains lending rate at 9.0% for the eighth time in a row
- Any poor pastor who blesses you is releasing poverty on you - Badu Kobi asserts
- When Pastors Learn From Jesus (4)
- 3 alleged coup plotters set for court today
- Akufo-Addo Gov't To Close Down Power FM Too?
- Banking cleanup: Bawumia was right, BOG saved 4.6m depositors’ funds
- Underestimating The Meek And Gentle
- 2020 polls: I’m coming with full force – Ayariga
- Sanitation Crisis Looms As Mudor Treatment Plant Faces Shutdown
- Gov’t Not Introducing Negative Sex Education To Kids – Akufo-Addo
- Gov’t to constitute 17-member Council to oversee Ghana Beyond Aid implementation
- Jordan Ayew scores late winner after VAR drama
- Meet the 14-year-old prostitute who is pregnant for her own father
- You should know better – John Jinapor to Education Minister
- Germany, UK Deport 22 Ghanaian Men For Offences
- We’ll respond to shareholders of collapsed banks - Oppong Nkrumah
- At Last An Action On Plastics