Andre Ayew Dede
Andre Ayew Dede has revealed that Black Stars head coach Kwasi Appiah had a role to play in his decision to stay at Swansea this season.
The 29-year-old says he spoke to Appiah before pledging his future with the Championship club despite offers from several clubs in top European leagues.
According to Ayew, representing the senior national team is “very important” and did not want to take any decision that would affect his chances.
“He[Kwesi Appiah] said,’It’s a very good league and if that’s your decision I am okay as long as you are fit and you do what you have always done with the national team’,” Ayew explained in an interview with BBC.
“That was important because the national team is very, very important for me.
“I have always represented my country with a lot of honour and a lot of pride. I am very proud of where I am from and of what any Ghanaian is doing. We have always tried to raise the flag really high.”
Ayew has been capped 84 times by Ghana since his debut in 2007 and has scored 15 goals.
He was Ghana’s captain at this year’s Africa Cup of Nations in Egypt.
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- Shatta Bandle shows off his footballing skills to challenge Adebayor (Watch)
- SDA pastor accused of sleeping with multiple women under pretext of marrying them
- Two arrested in Accra for allegedly manufacturing guns, explosives
- 12 soldiers grabbed in foiled coup plot
- SHS placement brouhaha: IT expert exposes weaknesses in CSSPS
- Gov’t confirms discovery of Bombs and guns factory; arrest of Dr Mac-Palm others
- Prof Amartey and Dr Wyns-Dogbe adjudged Marketing Personalities of the year
- I wasn’t surprised my husband was overthrown - Limann’s Wife
- Ghana traders cry foul as Nigeria shuts borders to ECOWAS countries
- These are the 5 most powerful militaries in Africa in 2019
- ‘Asantehene hates Mahama’ – Pro-NDC group
- These 5 international airports are currently the fastest growing in the world and handled more than 250,000 metric tonnes of cargo in 2018
- 86 people graduate under Caterpillar's Technicians for Africa Project
- 5 casual looks from Jackie Appiah every Ghanaian girl must imitate
- No more expiry of voice, data bundles – Telcos ordered
- Powerful photo of late Major Mahama's wife and kids pop up; sons look just like their dad
- Mahama ‘runs’ to Otumfuo over defeat concession controversy
- 16-year-old Gilbert Otyeng crawls 6km daily to school
- ‘Stop living double standards to win corruption fight’ - Father Amissah
- Alleged Coup Plot: Suspects Planned To Kidnap Akufo-Addo, Bawumia — Baako
- Who are they married to? - Here are 10 Ghanaian celebs who keep their love life away from the public
- Former Black Stars striker Junior Agogo cremated in London
- “The Good, The Bad And The Ugly” Side Of Antibiotics
- Princess Shyngle’s boyfriend proposes to her in America with an expensive ring (watch)
- 8th time lucky: Central Bank of Kenya saves Kenyans from expensive loans and retains lending rate at 9.0% for the eighth time in a row
- CSE is ‘satanic’ and we'll not hesitate to walk our children out of classrooms - Rev. Dr. Frimpong Manso
- Any poor pastor who blesses you is releasing poverty on you - Badu Kobi asserts
- When Pastors Learn From Jesus (4)
- Akufo-Addo Gov't To Close Down Power FM Too?
- 3 alleged coup plotters set for court today
- Underestimating The Meek And Gentle
- Banking cleanup: Bawumia was right, BOG saved 4.6m depositors’ funds
- Sanitation Crisis Looms As Mudor Treatment Plant Faces Shutdown
- 2020 polls: I’m coming with full force – Ayariga
- Gov’t Not Introducing Negative Sex Education To Kids – Akufo-Addo
- Jordan Ayew scores late winner after VAR drama
- Gov’t to constitute 17-member Council to oversee Ghana Beyond Aid implementation
- Germany, UK Deport 22 Ghanaian Men For Offences
- Meet the 14-year-old prostitute who is pregnant for her own father
- You should know better – John Jinapor to Education Minister
- We’ll respond to shareholders of collapsed banks - Oppong Nkrumah
- At Last An Action On Plastics