Three women have emerged winners of the 2019 edition of the Ghana Teacher Prize.
At the awards ceremony held at KNUST, Kumasi, on Saturday, October 5,2019, Sabina Aba Dosu of the St. Dominic’s R/C JHS at Akwatia in the Denkyembour District of the Eastern region won the Most Outstanding Teacher award.
For her prize, she was presented with a three-bedroom house worth GH¢180,000.
Philippa Darko of the State Experimental School, in Kumasi, emerged as the first runner-up, while Christiana K. Yeye of the Yumba Special School for the Intellectually Disabled in Tamale, Northern Region, emerged as the second runner-up.
Philippa received a 4X4 pick-up vehicle as her prize while Christiana took home a saloon car.
Vice President, Dr. Mahamudu Bawumia, presented the awards to the three women on behalf of President Nana Akufo-Addo.
The 2019 Ghana Teacher Prize is the second edition after a rebrand of the Best Teacher Awards which is now internationally standardized.
“Congratulations to the winners and better luck next time to all potential winners for next year,” Dr. Bawumia stated.
“Our teachers are our pride and we cherish their hardwork and selfless dedication to duty,” he noted.
“It is often said that if you can read, thank a teacher. That is indeed true. But I go further and say ‘if you can think, thank a teacher’. I say this because our teachers do not just teach us to read and to do sums. They inspire us, help us to explore and maximize our abilities and talents, and unearth the potential in us,” according to him.
BY Melvin Tarlue
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- Shatta Bandle shows off his footballing skills to challenge Adebayor (Watch)
- SDA pastor accused of sleeping with multiple women under pretext of marrying them
- Two arrested in Accra for allegedly manufacturing guns, explosives
- 12 soldiers grabbed in foiled coup plot
- SHS placement brouhaha: IT expert exposes weaknesses in CSSPS
- Gov’t confirms discovery of Bombs and guns factory; arrest of Dr Mac-Palm others
- Prof Amartey and Dr Wyns-Dogbe adjudged Marketing Personalities of the year
- I wasn’t surprised my husband was overthrown - Limann’s Wife
- Ghana traders cry foul as Nigeria shuts borders to ECOWAS countries
- These are the 5 most powerful militaries in Africa in 2019
- These 5 international airports are currently the fastest growing in the world and handled more than 250,000 metric tonnes of cargo in 2018
- 86 people graduate under Caterpillar's Technicians for Africa Project
- ‘Asantehene hates Mahama’ – Pro-NDC group
- 5 casual looks from Jackie Appiah every Ghanaian girl must imitate
- No more expiry of voice, data bundles – Telcos ordered
- Powerful photo of late Major Mahama's wife and kids pop up; sons look just like their dad
- Mahama ‘runs’ to Otumfuo over defeat concession controversy
- 16-year-old Gilbert Otyeng crawls 6km daily to school
- ‘Stop living double standards to win corruption fight’ - Father Amissah
- Alleged Coup Plot: Suspects Planned To Kidnap Akufo-Addo, Bawumia — Baako
- Who are they married to? - Here are 10 Ghanaian celebs who keep their love life away from the public
- Former Black Stars striker Junior Agogo cremated in London
- “The Good, The Bad And The Ugly” Side Of Antibiotics
- Princess Shyngle’s boyfriend proposes to her in America with an expensive ring (watch)
- CSE is ‘satanic’ and we'll not hesitate to walk our children out of classrooms - Rev. Dr. Frimpong Manso
- 8th time lucky: Central Bank of Kenya saves Kenyans from expensive loans and retains lending rate at 9.0% for the eighth time in a row
- Any poor pastor who blesses you is releasing poverty on you - Badu Kobi asserts
- When Pastors Learn From Jesus (4)
- 3 alleged coup plotters set for court today
- Akufo-Addo Gov't To Close Down Power FM Too?
- Banking cleanup: Bawumia was right, BOG saved 4.6m depositors’ funds
- Underestimating The Meek And Gentle
- 2020 polls: I’m coming with full force – Ayariga
- Sanitation Crisis Looms As Mudor Treatment Plant Faces Shutdown
- Jordan Ayew scores late winner after VAR drama
- Gov’t Not Introducing Negative Sex Education To Kids – Akufo-Addo
- Gov’t to constitute 17-member Council to oversee Ghana Beyond Aid implementation
- Germany, UK Deport 22 Ghanaian Men For Offences
- Meet the 14-year-old prostitute who is pregnant for her own father
- You should know better – John Jinapor to Education Minister
- We’ll respond to shareholders of collapsed banks - Oppong Nkrumah
- At Last An Action On Plastics