Emmanuel Samini Aka Batman who hails from Wa in the upper West Region was born in 1981 to Mr G.A Samini and Theresa Nusala.
He had his basic and primary education at Holy Family Basic School and then continued at St Magaraet Mary Sec school, Dansoman for his secondary education.
He has lived in Dansoman since he was 9 years and that was when he realised the singing potential in himself. And now with just 2 years in the Music industry in Ghana he won the admiration of most music critics in Ghana.
With just one album to his credit, the name “Batman” is one of the commonest keyword on the lips of many music fans in Ghana. His songs are sung by almost every Ghanaian regardless of their position in society.
He has featured close to 50 tracks with other musicians (both released and unreleased).Batman has performed outside Ghana in countries like canada, UK, Holland and Italy. He performed with a live band and he has since being rated one of the best young Ghanaian musician. He just hosted the finals of the Nescafe African Revelations in Ghana.
He has a whole “signature tune” to himself “KPOOI”. Asked what the meaning of 'Kpooi' is, Batman says its a gunshot sound and that is his signal. It comes with every composition that he does. The gunshot is meant for all the back bitters. “We kill them dead”. Batman who keeps dread locks says he just wants to portray the African in him.” Before the white man brought a comb, there was dread. Africa has gone through a lot of changes and it has become very difficult for us to portray the real African in us.”, He says.
Recording his tracks, Batman does most of his tracks at Ashanti International Studios i.e. with Nana King and Kwame 'G'. He also works with Roland of Best Brain Digital studios.
His debut album, Linda, was an instant success. It won him two Ghana Music Awards for Hiplife Artist of the Year and New Hiplife Artist of the Year. In 2006, he followed suit with his sophomore album, Samini, which can boast of smash hits like Odo. The self-titled album was to set the stage for his gradual emergence as Samini, an identity that would portray him as an authentic African artist.
On December 22nd, 2006 (his 25th Birthday), Batman officially changed his name to Samini. Today, Samini can pride himself as a consummate musician with several Ghana Music Awards including Best Artiste of 2007, and a Music of Black Origin (MOBO) Award. He also won the 2008 Hiphop World Award for Best African Artist in Nigeria.
He has performed Canada, UK, Holland and Italy, Nigeria. He has shared the stage with artists like shaggy and Ja Rule; and he has collaborated with artists from all over Africa. He has featured close to 50 tracks with other musicians (both released and unreleased).He is the face of MTN in Ghana, and his ringtone/ caller tune can be heard on MTN across Africa.
Some of his hits include Odo, Samini Music, Linda, Gyae shee.
- Five-year-old 'marries love of her life' before surgery
- Russian powerlifter unveils photos of her physique
- More Demands For Monthly Allowance....Hygiene School Traainees Join Fray
- The best exercises and nutrition to tone your tummy
- Nivea Could Not Deal With Your “Nkurasesem” That Is Why They Pulled Down The Billboard And Replaced It — Diamond Appiah
- Tech: Elon Musk is lovesick and lonely after Amber Heard breakup, and doesn't know who to date next
- Strategy: 10 'bad' habits that are actually signs you're smarter than you think
- Relationships and Sex: The only 3 reasons you should ever get back together with an ex
- How TB Joshua Took Advantage Of Me – Jim Iyke
- Trudy Ewurama — Nurse Fired For Facebook Live Loses All She Owns As Fire Guts Her House
- Secret passageway found under 1,000-year-old Mayan temple
- Woman wins £574,278.41 from £1 football accumulator bet
- Story of A World Cup Winner & Madrid Player Who Ended Up Cleaning Boots
- Watch A Nigerian Lady And Her White Lover Stealing Meat At A Party - Video
- 11 childhood photos of your favourite stars that will melt your hearts
- Neymar enjoys reunion with Lionel Messi and Luis Suarez
- SAD NEWS... Former Black Stars Striker Junior Agogo Suffers Stroke, Struggles To Speak
- WhatsApp finally lets users UNSEND embarrassing messages
- New Music: Deon Boakye & KinG Prinz – Babiaa Awu
- How Strange Sickness Paralysed Pretty Actress Lydia Forson
- Watch Video: Obinim burns ladies panties, brassieres as direction from God
- 16 pastors who could make a perfect government
- WNBA star Elena Delle Donne marries Amanda Clifton
- Sad News: This is what killed Soulama Abdoulaye
- Black Stars: Prophet Mensah Otabil accuses Samuel Inkoom of using Juju to destroy teammates
- My Rent Is Due In February But I Don’t Have Money To Pay — Bukom Banku
- Videos: Ghanaian Actress Strips Down in Tiny Thong
- Faye Mpaebo 2
- Three men that are richer than half the US population
- Toddlers joined at skull are separated after surgery
- The rise and rise of China's 'groundscraper' hotel
- Etire Nni Safoa 3
- Tips for Pregnant Women & Women Seeking to Get Pregnant
- KABA´s days at Techiman Senior High School
- Chelsea welcome N'Golo Kante back to Cobham training
- OAU Female Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades
- Akoo Nana ARRESTED by Police after Obour and MUSIGA Rant (Video)
- Kidnappers, Cultists, Arrested By Police... Weapons, Money Recovered
- Faye Mpaebo
- Egyptian cleric says men can marry their own daughters
- Tragic | Nigerian Man who Just Got His PhD from UK Killed as He Returned Home
- Military Coup: Robert Mugabe UNDER SIEGE