Buhari’s request came in a letter dated July 23, and read by President of the Senate, Bukola Saraki, at plenary on Tuesday.
The loan, according to him, will be raised from Eurobonds and other securities in the international capital market.
In the same letter, Mr Buhari also sought legislative nod for an external capital sourcing of 82.54 million dollars to refinance the balance of 500 million dollar matured Eurobonds in the international capital market.
Also requested by the president was Senate consideration and approval of N346 billion as the 2018 budget proposal of the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC).
The figure is N18 billion lower than the N364 billion budget approved for the commission in the 2017 fiscal year.
A breakdown of the proposed amount shows a total recurrent expenditure of N32 billion and cumulative capital provision of N314 billion.
The president listed sources of revenue for the commission in 2018 to include federal government contribution (N81.8 billion) and unpaid arrears by the Federal Government (N33.9 billion).
Others are contributions from oil companies and others (N220 billion) and other “realised income” (N150 million).
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- The Backpack Messiah
- Ethiopian rebels fire verbal volley over peace deal
- French PM kicks off national debate with Yellow Vests
- We’re Not Communicating Well For Ghanaians To Understand What We've Achieved – Bawumia
- Former Keta MCE Found Dead
- Agric Ministry Denies Claims Of $12m Missing Fertilizer
- Good News For Divisional Chiefs, Judicial Committee Members As They Earn Allowances From Next Year
- Can new EU measures turn the tide on marine pollution?
- How 2 Men Were Caught With $2.8m By EFCC At The Airport
- Boko Haram mastermind of deadly Nigeria blasts arrested: police
- Burundi crisis summit postponed again: official
- Macron in Chad for Christmas dinner with Barkhane troops
- UN report on horror of gang rape and exploitation of migrants in Libya
- GHC180m approved for Special Prosecutor; Minority alleges clash of ‘egos’ with AG
- Former Keta MCE found dead in suspected suicide
- AshantiGold SC sign Burkina Faso goalkeeper Baba Zongo
- Meet the Catholic Priest who left his cassock to marry after 15 years
- CAF Confed Cup: Sharks aiming to swim against the tide in Kumasi
- GFA Normalization Committee sends goodwill message to Kotoko
- Parliament Approves Drone Agreement. Here is All You Need to Know About Ghana's "blood Delivery Drones".MP4
- By switching to lower-cost remittance services, the Ghanaian diaspora could send their loved ones an extra gift this Christmas
- Melcom gives back with appreciation dinner
- Rémy Martin teams up with artist Matt W. Moore to invite us to rethink the way we see the world
- Mustapha Hamid makes false claims on pelele drains in Ashanti region - Masawudu Mubarick
- How KFC became China's most popular fast-food chain and made nearly $5 billion last year
- The Sad Story of Innocent Yousif Musah Who Got Stabbed
- CAF CC: Ashanti Regional Minister Buys 100 Tickets For Kotoko Supporters Ahead Of Sharks Encounter
- Go tough on Ghana’s ‘uncivilized’ sanitation – Rawlings
- Meet the 21-year-old Ghanaian tech whiz who’s coded for Instagram and Snapchat
- Amidu’s office can’t justify GHC30m expenditure – Minority
- Ex President Kufuor’s MCE for Keta commits suicide in uncompleted building
- Seize, sell Menzgold and NAM1's assets to pay clients – Ato Forson to government
- Segun and Ronke Abiona, the couple behind the Nicole and Giovanni brand talks to Business Insider in this exclusive interview
- Jose Mourinho: Manchester United sack manager
- White Lady flies down to arrest Sakawa Boy who duped her of over €20,000
- Capital Bank: Ato Essien Countersues Recievers
- Media Analysts Rate Journalists Performance at President's Encounter
- Cargill Ends 10th Anniversary With Family Day
- Kwabena Duffour's Suit Thrown Out
- Minority Accuses Special Prosecutor and A-G of 'Clash of Egos'
- Bawumia Falter Party Communicators for Not Telling Their Good Works
- Catholic Priest Leaves Altar to Marry After 15 years of Service