Buhari’s request came in a letter dated July 23, and read by President of the Senate, Bukola Saraki, at plenary on Tuesday.
The loan, according to him, will be raised from Eurobonds and other securities in the international capital market.
In the same letter, Mr Buhari also sought legislative nod for an external capital sourcing of 82.54 million dollars to refinance the balance of 500 million dollar matured Eurobonds in the international capital market.
Also requested by the president was Senate consideration and approval of N346 billion as the 2018 budget proposal of the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC).
The figure is N18 billion lower than the N364 billion budget approved for the commission in the 2017 fiscal year.
A breakdown of the proposed amount shows a total recurrent expenditure of N32 billion and cumulative capital provision of N314 billion.
The president listed sources of revenue for the commission in 2018 to include federal government contribution (N81.8 billion) and unpaid arrears by the Federal Government (N33.9 billion).
Others are contributions from oil companies and others (N220 billion) and other “realised income” (N150 million).
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- Minimum Wage: Ngge Says Labour Can't Dictate To Govt.
- Windscreens Cracked As Hailstones Rain Down On Cars From The Sky In Abuja
- I Don’t Know Bola Tinubu’s Position In APC – Obasanjo
- Delta State University Graduate Climbs A Mast After Running Mad (Photo)
- Fayose Charged With Fraud By EFCC, Moved To Lagos
- Will apple cider vinegar cure my cold?
- The pasta recipe that changed Jamie Oliver's life
- Politics: Texas newspaper that endorsed Ted Cruz in 2012 is now throwing its support behind Democrat Beto O'Rourke for the midterm election
- Poisonous tilapia: Fishmongers secretly carted fish for 'koobi'
- NAFDAC Searching For Drugs Made From Human Flesh
- Confusion over Travel Ban List as Presidency, Security differ
- PDP Warns INEC Against Receiving Unauthorized Names
- Atiku Meets Yoruba Leaders Over Top Political Offices
- EFCC Keeps Mum On Gov. Ganduje Bribe Video
- Amosun Dares APC, Insists On Handing Over To His Candidate
- N2.1bn Case: Face Dasuki, Not I - Dokpesi Tells Court
- Police Drags Adeleke To Court, Says "We're Not Aware Of Kemi Adeosun Forgery"
- Kidnapped Tanzanian tycoon Mohammed Dewji freed
- Akufo-Addo's spiritual brown dog cause of economic hardship in Ghana - Badu Kobi
- Girl, 7, found dead in uncovered manhole at Ashaiman
- Kill robbers who pursue you - Kennedy Agyapong tells constituents
- Valerie Sawyerr’s suit ‘incompetent’ – Attorney General
- Mahama in his own words: Five things that caused his defeat
- Commander in Chief sports stadium for Tamale- Akufo-Addo announces
- CENTRAL Region: 9 year old CHILDREN engaged in massive PROSTITUTION
- VIDEO: Poisoned TILAPIA to be flown to NORWAY- Fisheries Minister Afoley Quaye reveals
- I didn’t snub my fans; I wasn’t ‘there mentally’- Stonebwoy reacts to viral ‘arrogant’ video
- Sacking retired lecturers will affect lecturer-student ratios, disrupt academic work- UTAG warns
- I joined NDC because of my ‘cousin, godmother and mentor’ Konadu Rawlings- Kojo BONSU opens up
- BULLET, Wendy SHAY attacked over failed publicity STUNT for song release using EBONY
- MyNewsGh.com founder Stephen Zoure honoured; ranked number 3 in Ghana
- You’re a non-serious character who must be ignored- Funny Face to Counselor Lutterodt
- Hardship, poor working conditions may force us to take BRIBES in court- Judge writes to Akufo-Addo
- Deputy Aviation Minister Leads Team To Air Navigation Confab
- More Women To Be Given Opportunities In Mining
- Eastern Region: Chinese Delegation Explore Economic Potential
- AGI Pushes For Downward Review Of Electricity Tariffs
- 6th Ghana Build Trade Exhibition Fair
- Impressive Economic Growth Of Ghana Shows Great Future Prospects
- MenzGold Customers In Western Region Demand Their Cash
- Moves To Sustain Campaign On Forest And Mining Laws
- Investigations Open Into Unwholesome Chinese GMO Fishes