It was learnt that the girl who was about 12 when the defilement started was “forced” into aborting twice for Mr. Asim with consent of her mother, who is also sleeping with the man.
The girl’s mother one Mrs. Stella is also a mistress to the former Commissioner of Information, Mr. Asim and had approved the unholy relationship between her daughter and her lover (Mr. Asim).
A source who pleaded anonymity told Vanguard that Mrs. Stella was married to a popular Calabar based pastor who was a good friend of Asim and bore two children for the deceased man of God.
“Since the death of the pastor, Mr. Asim has been 'helping' the family and is their benefactor for years now. Immediately the girl started maturing, he took interest and started sleeping with both of them (daughter and mother).
It was also gathered that the victim, who is a student of the Federal Government Girls College, Calabar was reportedly cautioned by her mother not to divulge any information while collaborating with the randy ex-mayor.
What Broke The Camel's Back
Speaking with Vanguard, Principal Counsel, Basic Rights Council Initiative, BCRI and Child’s Right Activist, James Ibor said the third abortion for the former commissioner of information, Mr. Edet Okon Asim was poorly carried out and by a quack too.
“The former Mayor of Calabar and Special Adviser to Gov Ayade has been s*xually abusing the girl for many years even before she became a teenager. But the third abortion on the victim exposed the unholy act.
“From the examination that has been carried out so far, preliminary results have shown that the girl’s uterus has been partially perforated and she may likely not be able to conceive again.
According to him: "Her teacher (the victim’s) discovered and shared the story on a WhatsApp page where rights activist and the founder of Project Alert, a non-governmental organization (NGO), which specializes in handling such cases, Mrs. Josephine Chukwuma, is a subscriber and she called us.
“We had to investigate and informed the police, that led to the arrest of Mr. Asim and Ms. Stella and we have received several calls from various powerful people to step down the matter but the crime is against humanity, the girl needs to be protected.
“We are on top of the matter and we what to get all the facts of the case so to charge the matter to court, we are leaving no stone unturned because the law must take its cause. It doesn't matter the figure or whose ox is gored, justice must be served, the law must prevail."
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- Amewu unsure of new ECG owners
- CAF Confederation Cup: Race For Knockout Stage Heats Up
- 12 Exciting Talents In Europe With African Heritage
- These 5 car companies are owned by Africans and giving international brands a run for their money
- My ex-staff now hawks tiger nuts; it breaks my heart – UT’s Amoabeng
- 6 alternative ways to celebrate Ghana’s Independence Day
- EOCO to probe US $178 million contract to KelniGVG and Global Voice Group
- DCE Donates 100 bags Of Cement To Logba Tota Community For Tourist Info Centre
- Man Kills Wife, Attempts Suicide At Ashaiman
- Ghanaians descend heavily on Anas following Sannie Daara legal knockout in human rights suit
- If There's Anyone Who Disgraced The Presidency, Then It Is Kennedy Agyapong
- Those 13 months in jail were the most difficult period of my life - Kotoko star Kwame Bonsu
- Meet the security guard who took bullet for Nkrumah in an attempted assassination in 1964
- Tottenham: Doubts Over Team Mentality Will Remain Until They Win Trophy, Says Lee Dixon
- Shutdown Multi Credit Savings And Loans,Yaa Asantewaa Rural Bank in Kumasi- CVM To BoG
- Dr. Da Costa Applauds Gov’t over New Ambulances
- Ozil Ready To Frustrate Arsenal
- GN Savings to pay salary arrears of government employees, Zoomlion workers, Pensioners – CEO
- NDC has elected 'bloody' flagbearer - David Prah
- Macron Calls For France-Italy Ties To Be Mended
- Ayawaso Probe: 30 Persons Conveyed To Brempong’s House To Distribute Food
- How Deputy Commissioner of Police Escaped Being Beheaded During Presidential Election
- Aisha Ahmad, Ahmed Kuru may replace Godwin Emefiele as CBN Governor
- Gen. Mosquito, Ofosu-Ampofo, Ponkoh, run for cover as NDC meeting turns bloody
- Chief Imam In London
- Work progressing on N4 footbridges
- Eric Bekoe Faces Prince Tagoe…In A Special Kotoko-Hearts Clash
- Police Mad At NPP – Says NDC
- Effutu branch of GHAPS marks 2019 week celebration
- Ayawaso Probe: Eye Witness Confesses To Being An Ex-Militia
- UBA group launches full banking operations in the UK
- Swedru Girls' Model Junior High School inaugurated
- Multimedia Grabs Top Sports Host
- Student Counsellors of UEW canvass support in the fight against Hepatitis B
- More Car Assembly Plants Coming
- These 5 fuel stations have decreased their fuel prices despite the weak performance of the Ghanaian cedi
- Sissala East Patrons Review BECE Results After Poor Performance
- Two of three bank mergers confirmed
- Ofosu-Ampofo was never clear-headed, sober enough to lead the NDC – Gyampo
- “Kotoko will qualify” - Sarfo Gyamfi
- Hohoe schools observe Ghana's 62nd independence anniversary
- Ghana needs professional Police to ensure peace - Mrs Sackey