Today marks the fourth anniversary of her death and a Nigerian blogger, Auwal Marshall has celebrated the gallant young woman's memory.
Hammamatu was a student of the University of Jos when she was killed by suspected assassins in Plateau State, while trying to save her father.
Auwal penned a glowing tribute to late Hammamatu, fondly called Ummy;
"A DAY OF MOURNING
"5years Without Ummi
"Hammamatu Babangida Suleiman (a.k.a Ummy) was a classical girl you would describe as a life cut short. She was a 19yrs old Remedial student with the University of Jos. A very intelligent, determined, purposeful and ambiguous younger girl who has alots of dreams and hopes for a better tomorrow. She is aspiring to study Medicine, with the hope of becoming a Medical Doctor some day.
"All these wonderful vision was cut short yesterday around 8:30pm when some armed assassins stormed her father's house with the soul mission to put an end to his life.
"The security man who wasn't as armed as these men, was the first victim of their attack.They gunned him down, where he was reported died at the spot. They gained access to Hammaamatu's room and at the point, ask her to led them to her father's room.
"Hammamaatu stood by her father's door and called to him. When he answered, she did something which arguably could be translated to mean an act of bravery with a view to protect her father.
"She screamed in Hausa language, and I quote "Baba karka bude kofar, wasu mutane zasu kashe ka" It was at this point that the ruthless men, who have lost their moral compass and sold their souls to Shaythan, with no iouta of compassion, and human sympathy, shot Ummy apparently on the face.
"They momentarily left the compound and disappeared into the blanket of darkness.
"Ummy was laying unconscious, and sympathisers were attracted to the compound by the noise and scream emanating from the house. She was coincidentally alive despite the the close range shot. Doctors (Surgeons and anaesthesiologist) did everything humanly possible to save her life, but Ummy passed on today around 2pm in JUTH.
"I couldn't hold my tears especially when an eye witness narrated to me how the father, who lost her mother two years ago and was looking up to Ummy as his source of joy and comfort because of her love and passion for academic pursuits.
"Can we please save a minute out of our busy schedule to please pray for the little angel whose live snatched,and ambitions cut short by these Godless beings.
"May Jannatul Firdaus be her final abode. And may The Almighty Allah comfort and console the father of this little girl.
"I am still in tears wallahi. ..!!!!!"
For Breakthrough Prayers
Click HERE >>
To Invest & Earn N200k to N1m
Click HERE >>
To Buy Cheap MTN & GLO Data
Click HERE >>
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- Amewu unsure of new ECG owners
- CAF Confederation Cup: Race For Knockout Stage Heats Up
- 12 Exciting Talents In Europe With African Heritage
- These 5 car companies are owned by Africans and giving international brands a run for their money
- My ex-staff now hawks tiger nuts; it breaks my heart – UT’s Amoabeng
- 6 alternative ways to celebrate Ghana’s Independence Day
- EOCO to probe US $178 million contract to KelniGVG and Global Voice Group
- DCE Donates 100 bags Of Cement To Logba Tota Community For Tourist Info Centre
- Man Kills Wife, Attempts Suicide At Ashaiman
- Ghanaians descend heavily on Anas following Sannie Daara legal knockout in human rights suit
- If There's Anyone Who Disgraced The Presidency, Then It Is Kennedy Agyapong
- Those 13 months in jail were the most difficult period of my life - Kotoko star Kwame Bonsu
- Meet the security guard who took bullet for Nkrumah in an attempted assassination in 1964
- Tottenham: Doubts Over Team Mentality Will Remain Until They Win Trophy, Says Lee Dixon
- Shutdown Multi Credit Savings And Loans,Yaa Asantewaa Rural Bank in Kumasi- CVM To BoG
- Dr. Da Costa Applauds Gov’t over New Ambulances
- Ozil Ready To Frustrate Arsenal
- GN Savings to pay salary arrears of government employees, Zoomlion workers, Pensioners – CEO
- NDC has elected 'bloody' flagbearer - David Prah
- Macron Calls For France-Italy Ties To Be Mended
- Family of late cop exposes Mahama over video showed to diplomats
- Ayawaso Probe: 30 Persons Conveyed To Brempong’s House To Distribute Food
- How Deputy Commissioner of Police Escaped Being Beheaded During Presidential Election
- Aisha Ahmad, Ahmed Kuru may replace Godwin Emefiele as CBN Governor
- Gen. Mosquito, Ofosu-Ampofo, Ponkoh, run for cover as NDC meeting turns bloody
- Chief Imam In London
- Work progressing on N4 footbridges
- Eric Bekoe Faces Prince Tagoe…In A Special Kotoko-Hearts Clash
- Police Mad At NPP – Says NDC
- Effutu branch of GHAPS marks 2019 week celebration
- Ayawaso Probe: Eye Witness Confesses To Being An Ex-Militia
- UBA group launches full banking operations in the UK
- Swedru Girls' Model Junior High School inaugurated
- Multimedia Grabs Top Sports Host
- Student Counsellors of UEW canvass support in the fight against Hepatitis B
- More Car Assembly Plants Coming
- Sissala East Patrons Review BECE Results After Poor Performance
- These 5 fuel stations have decreased their fuel prices despite the weak performance of the Ghanaian cedi
- Two of three bank mergers confirmed
- Ofosu-Ampofo was never clear-headed, sober enough to lead the NDC – Gyampo
- “Kotoko will qualify” - Sarfo Gyamfi
- Hohoe schools observe Ghana's 62nd independence anniversary