Today marks the fourth anniversary of her death and a Nigerian blogger, Auwal Marshall has celebrated the gallant young woman's memory.
Hammamatu was a student of the University of Jos when she was killed by suspected assassins in Plateau State, while trying to save her father.
Auwal penned a glowing tribute to late Hammamatu, fondly called Ummy;
"A DAY OF MOURNING
"5years Without Ummi
"Hammamatu Babangida Suleiman (a.k.a Ummy) was a classical girl you would describe as a life cut short. She was a 19yrs old Remedial student with the University of Jos. A very intelligent, determined, purposeful and ambiguous younger girl who has alots of dreams and hopes for a better tomorrow. She is aspiring to study Medicine, with the hope of becoming a Medical Doctor some day.
"All these wonderful vision was cut short yesterday around 8:30pm when some armed assassins stormed her father's house with the soul mission to put an end to his life.
"The security man who wasn't as armed as these men, was the first victim of their attack.They gunned him down, where he was reported died at the spot. They gained access to Hammaamatu's room and at the point, ask her to led them to her father's room.
"Hammamaatu stood by her father's door and called to him. When he answered, she did something which arguably could be translated to mean an act of bravery with a view to protect her father.
"She screamed in Hausa language, and I quote "Baba karka bude kofar, wasu mutane zasu kashe ka" It was at this point that the ruthless men, who have lost their moral compass and sold their souls to Shaythan, with no iouta of compassion, and human sympathy, shot Ummy apparently on the face.
"They momentarily left the compound and disappeared into the blanket of darkness.
"Ummy was laying unconscious, and sympathisers were attracted to the compound by the noise and scream emanating from the house. She was coincidentally alive despite the the close range shot. Doctors (Surgeons and anaesthesiologist) did everything humanly possible to save her life, but Ummy passed on today around 2pm in JUTH.
"I couldn't hold my tears especially when an eye witness narrated to me how the father, who lost her mother two years ago and was looking up to Ummy as his source of joy and comfort because of her love and passion for academic pursuits.
"Can we please save a minute out of our busy schedule to please pray for the little angel whose live snatched,and ambitions cut short by these Godless beings.
"May Jannatul Firdaus be her final abode. And may The Almighty Allah comfort and console the father of this little girl.
"I am still in tears wallahi. ..!!!!!"
For Breakthrough Prayers
Click HERE >>
To Invest & Earn N200k to N1m
Click HERE >>
To Buy Cheap MTN & GLO Data
Click HERE >>
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- Macron, intelligence and the Yellow Vest protests
- Is the French government too intelligent?
- 'Jordan Ayew Not Good Enough For Crystal Palace' - Former Arsenal Star
- FIFA Ranking: Ghana Ranked 51st In Latest FIFA Rankings, No. 6 In Africa
- Putin applauds Trump's decision to pull US troops out of Syria
- Austria celebrates 200 years of beloved carol 'Silent Night'
- Exercise could be as effective as pills at combatting the number 1 'silent killer' — more evidence that working out is a miracle drug
- A former Google HR exec asks job candidates a tough question to figure out how they'll act 'when the chips are down'
- I cut Google out of my life for 2 weeks, but the alternatives prove why Google is so much better
- Arsenal close in on bottle throwing spectator
- Amazon accidentally sent Alexa recordings of a user in the shower to the wrong person (AMZN)
- 16 of the most underrated things to do at Disney World
- Nana Aba Anamoah to host Sarkodie's Rapperholic 2018
- CAF CC: Kariobangi Sharks arrive in Ghana ahead of Kotoko tie (PHOTOS)
- MANASSEH’S FOLDER: Why guinea fowl jab exposes Akufo-Addo as an opportunistic politician, not a leader
- Allow bloggers to publish fake stories, that is how they also eat – Kwesi Arthur
- Prez Akufo-Addo promotes 44 prison personnel
- I hope for a new beginning for Ghana football - Nana Addo to NC
- Man shot dead after hunter supposedly ‘mistook’ him’ for an animal
- PHOTOS: Buhari Commissions New Abuja Airport Terminal
- Ninth person dies in Yellow Vest protests
- Student killed in Sudan bread price protests
- Morocco eyes 'terror' link as new arrests made in hikers murder
- DR Congo poised for election postponement, says candidate
- Franklin Cudjoe On President Akufo-Addo's Encounter With The Media
- DCE Denies Fueling Bole Chieftaincy Clash
- 9-Member ROPAA Implementation Committee Inaugurated
- Majority Fights Ablakwa's Claims On Norway Embassy
- The Spitting Galore; We Are All At Risk
- Tarkwa-Nsuaem Municipal Assembly Holds 2018 3rd Quarter Town Hall Meeting
- Dr Kyei Has Done Everything To Ensure Kotoko Beat Kariobangi Sharks - Nana Kwasi Gyembibi
- CAF CC: Kariobangi Sharks Arrive In Ghana Ahead Of Kotoko Encounter
- Asante Kotoko Complete Second Training Pitch [PHOTOS]
- PFAG Welcomes NC's Decision To Resume Football In January
- Kotoko C.E.O George Amoako calls for support ahead of Kariobangi Sharks clash
- Alhaji Grunsah warns Asante Kotoko ahead of Kariobangi Sharks clash
- Sign Defoe to replace Jordan Ayew - Arsenal Legend advises Crystal Palace
- We pay you and your ministers to work for us, not vice versa – Franklin Cudjoe reminds Akufo-Addo
- Ashanti Gold unveil new kits
- Sharks arrive in Ghana for Confed Cup return clash against Kotoko
- Police Hospital raise alarm over increasing drowning fatalities
- CPP’s petition on Public Holidays Amendment Bill is ’empty’ – Collins Owusu Amankwah