Magu said if the Senate had confirmed him, perhaps he would not have been able to perform as much as he had done.
The acting chairman said this before the Lagos State High Court in Ikeja where he was testifying in a libel suit he filed against The Sun Newspaper.
Magu had sued publishers of the Sun Newspaper for a series of publications which he described as libellous and injurious to his character.
The EFCC boss who sued the publishers before Justice Doris Okuwobi claimed N5bn damages and also demanded that The Sun Newspapers should publish an apology and retract the alleged libellous publications.
Magu, under cross-examination by the respondent’s counsel, Charles Enwelunta, said he was not worried that he had been rejected by the Senate twice.
He said, “I have been rejected by the Senate twice and it does not worry me that I’m not confirmed; I’m not bothered. It’s good that they did not confirm me, I may not be able to work very well as we have been able to get over 700 convictions.”
He claimed before the court that he had only one house in the Karo area of Abuja as against the publication of The Sun Newspaper alleging that two houses were traced to his wife by the Department of State Services.
Magu dismissed as false The Sun Newspaper’s publication of March 25, 2017, titled ‘Magu under fresh probe,’ which claimed that two houses located in a highbrow area in Maitama, Abuja were traced to his wife and that he was under discreet investigation by the DSS.
He said, “Since I came to the EFCC, nobody has investigated me. I am not under any probe, the publication is totally false. Even if I have the money, I wouldn’t buy houses in Maitama.
“My wife is a civil servant. We only have one house sold to us in Karo, Abuja. The publication is completely untrue.
Justice Okuwobi adjourned the matter till February 28, 2019 for further proceedings.
For Breakthrough Prayers
Click HERE >>
To Invest & Earn N200k to N1m
Click HERE >>
To Buy Cheap MTN & GLO Data
Click HERE >>
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- PHOTOS: Buhari Commissions New Abuja Airport Terminal
- Ninth person dies in Yellow Vest protests
- Student killed in Sudan bread price protests
- Morocco eyes 'terror' link as new arrests made in hikers murder
- DR Congo poised for election postponement, says candidate
- Franklin Cudjoe On President Akufo-Addo's Encounter With The Media
- Dr Kyei Has Done Everything To Ensure Kotoko Beat Kariobangi Sharks - Nana Kwasi Gyembibi
- CAF CC: Kariobangi Sharks Arrive In Ghana Ahead Of Kotoko Encounter
- Kotoko C.E.O George Amoako calls for support ahead of Kariobangi Sharks clash
- Alhaji Grunsah warns Asante Kotoko ahead of Kariobangi Sharks clash
- South Africa: Statement by International Monetary Fund (IMF) Managing Director Christine Lagarde at the Conclusion of her visit to South Africa
- The computer models that pick NFL games have made their picks for Week 16
- Catalan separatists file UN rights complaint against Madrid
- I worked as a freelance journalist for a year and a half. Here's why I'm convinced that working from an office is the better choice
- Nick Jonas and Priyanka Chopra recreated one of their first pictures together, and people are living for it
- Ghana will soon become the key market to the UAE
- Kim Kardashian shared a bikini selfie in the middle of winter while surrounded by thousands of dollars' worth of Birkin bags
- Acting AG Matthew Whitaker has reportedly been cleared to oversee the Mueller probe by DOJ ethics officials
- Dutch may take Russia to court over MH17
- Michelle Obama wore $3,900, sparkly, thigh-high boots to an interview with Sarah Jessica Parker
- Michelle Obama says she wears dresses by young women, immigrants, and African-Americans because she knows it will 'change their lives'
- Video shows the damage a drone can do to a plane, as British airport shuts down for 19 hours over rogue drones on the runway
- Silence at Spurs over Pochettino United speculation
- Brazil media blast 'legal anarchy' after foiled Lula release
- The NFL reversed a meaningless Ezekiel Elliot fumble 4 days after the game and it had huge implications for some fantasy leagues
- Key quotes from Putin's 2018 marathon presser
- Spanish PM seeks new dialogue with Catalan separatists
- Lin-Manuel Miranda says he's 'really glad' Prince Harry didn't take the King George III storyline personally when he came to see 'Hamilton'
- A fresh crop of promising drugs is poised to change the way depression is treated for the first time in decades. Here are the ones to watch in 2019.
- Netflix talks to Business Insider about its plans for Africa
- Oslo Scandal: Ablakwa Becoming A Nuisance – Foreign Affairs C’ttee Chair
- Football Match Organized To Mark International Migrants Day In Ghana
- Akufo-Addo was petty and pedestrian at his media encounter - NDC MP
- Stop the drama and recapitalise NIB, ADB – Adongo to Ofori-Atta
- We are guiltless, uninvolved in Frimpong Boateng’s looting, raiding schemes – Operation Vanguard
- St. John's Hospital & Fertility Centre donates ambulance to Ghana Immigration Service
- 1994 old students of Alajo 1&2 School donate ultra modern ICT centre to the school
- Stop the use of weedicides - COCOBOD to farmers
- Oslo scandal: Ablakwa becoming a nuisance – Foreign Affairs Committee Chair
- Akufo-Addo not committed to the fight against corruption - Ablakwa
- Christmas is dry; Harmattan can't even be felt - Chief Biney
- Opuni Trial: CRIG documents tampered with – Cocobod’s Deputy Legal Director