In a move to force Justice Onnoghen out of office,
The charge against Justice Onnoghe has already being filed and served on him last Friday at his official residence in Abuja preparatory for his appearance at the tribunal.
The Federal Government among others is accusing Nigeria’s Head of the Judiciary of refusal to declare his assets in breach of the provision of the Code of Conduct Bureau Act.
He is also being accused of maintaining Domiciliary foreign currencies account which comprised Dollars Account, Pound Sterling Account and Euro Account which are alleged to be contrary to relevant laws, especially for public office holders.
Justice Onnoghen whose appointment suffered unprecedented delay by President Muhammadu Buhari over undisclosed issues may be the first CJN in Nigeria to be arraigned for criminal charges by the Federal Government.
Apart from putting the Chief Justice in the dock on Monday, PRNigeria learned that motion on notice is to be filed against him praying the tribunal to order him to vacate office and recuse himself from office so as to prevent alleged interference in his arraignment and trial.
A Senior Advocate of Nigeria, names withheld, has been engaged by Federal Government to lead the onslaught against justice Onnoghen.
It would be recalled the President of the Senate, Dr. Bukola Saraki was in 2015, shortly after he emerged the Head of the Legislature, arraigned at the tribunal but the charges against him were quashed and he was discharged and acquitted by the tribunal on the ground that the charges against him by government were based on hearsay that could not stand in the face of the law.
Saraki’s discharge and acquittal was upheld by the Supreme Court under the leadership of Justice Onnoghen.
To Invest & Earn N600k to N12m
Click HERE >>
To Buy Delicious Noodles Pizza
Click HERE >>
To Buy Cheap MTN & GLO Data
Click HERE >>
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- Eyeing the White House: The Democratic Field
- NDC presidential election slated for 23rd February 2019
- An attack on one journalist is an attack on the entire press agentry - V. L. K. Djokoto
- Momade elected as Mozambique's opposition leader
- Netanyahu set for first-ever visit by Israel PM to Chad
- Tracing The Roots Of Poverty In Mineral Rich Africa
- Prestea/Huni-valley: Petepom MA School Gets Ultra-modern KG Block
- Fatal crash near 37 Military Hospital kills 5
- How NAM 1 Was Arrested In Dubai
- MFWA Condemns Killing of Anas’ Team Member, Demands Prompt Investigations
- The Murder Of Ahmed Hussein-Suale, Is A Vindication Of His Good Works
- No-Confidence Survivor: Theresa May and Brexit
- Restiveness In Alavanyo
- Ndewura Jakpa “Stabbed-In-The-Back”
- Human Beings Are Destroying Life On Earth But Deluding Ourselves That We Are Not
- Amidu Writes: Crime Will Always Be Treated As Crime In The Office Of The Special Prosecutor – Stop Politicizing Purely Criminal Conduct
- Zimbabwe Awaits Russian Investors
- Shambolic Attempt By The Kwabre East MP To Hoodwink Constituents Shameful And Insulting
- CAN: Persecution Of Ex-Christians And Witch Hunting In Nigeria
- CF CC: Augustine Sefa Ruled Out Of Kotoko-Coton Sports Match
- Australian Open 2019: Halep Survives Scare To Beat Kenin To Advance
- Caf CC: Ghana's Daniel Laryea Handed Sfaxien,Vipers Playoff Decider
- CAF CC: Kotoko Supporters Told Not To Lower Their Expectations Ahead of Coton Sports Clash In Kumasi
- CAF CC: Kotoko Player Cautioned Against Complacency Ahead Of Coton Sports Encounter In Kumasi
- Kotoko must check revenue leakages at gates — Nana Yaw Owusu
- Baba Rahman to join Turkish top-flight side Goztepe
- Police launch investigation into murder of Ahmed Suale
- NAM1 uses 'beautiful girls' to lure 'big men' to Menzgold
- Godfred Saka leaves Karela United
- Farmcrowdy CEO Onyeka Akumah shares 4 business mistakes he made in the past that he will never repeat
- I was asked to resign to allow President Akufo-Addo to appoint his own person – Former BoG Deputy Governor, Dr Asiama alleges
- VIDEO: Did Kuami Eugene just describe Medikal's "Omo Ada" wave as "kwasia ade"?
- Manchester City defender joins Black Satellites camp for Africa U-20 Nations Cup
- Jilted man publishes videos of naked women in labour to avenge nurse ex-lover
- Journalist murder: Kennedy Agyapong did no wrong exposing Ahmed's picture - NMC
- 53 Ghanaian soldiers sue Menzgold over $500k locked up investment
- Former Deputy BoG Governor reveals how he was sacked by Nana Addo
- Ghanaians react to murder of Anas' partner
- Here is everything you need to know about the new Nigerian international e-passport
- Pastor nabbed with a ‘Ghana must go’ bag full of used female panties (Video)
- People will be unemployed if you shutdown Zylofon Media - Sammy Flex fires politicians
- New Edubiase Hospital Receives Ambulance