Agent Oliver Arthur has offered to bear the cost of the maiden Sly Tetteh Legacy Lectures as a token to the late football administrator and agent who inspired him.
CAF president Dr Ahmad and other staunch football administrators on the continent and in the country will converge at the plush Tang Palace in Accra on Friday, 22 January, for the one-day programme.
''He [Sly Tetteh] was a motivation for me and always aspired to reach his heights in the Football Business,'' said Arthur who is agent for Afriyie Acqua (Torino), Richmond Boakye (Red Star Belgrade), Godfred Donsah (Bologna) just to mention a few.
''He was a big brother, a friend and a playmate. Even though, I didn't get the opportunity to work directly with him, his success in the business really gave me the strength to work harder in been the best in what I do.
''His Legacy indeed need to be celebrated, and this is my little contribution to say thanks for the good work you did and the inspiration it gives some of us to want to push to the highest level.''
Alhaji Ibrahim Tetteh, co-founder of Ghana Premier League side Liberty Professionals, died on 3 September 2011 while playing football with friends in Cape Coast.
He was one of the country's finest talent-spotter and sold players like Michael Essien, Asamoah Gyan, Sulley Muntari, Derek Boateng, John Paintsil just to mention a few.
Alhaji had set up academies in Togo and Kenya as he toured the contingent to scout for talents.
The Sly Tetteh Legacy Lectures is being organized by SportsLife, an amalgamated group of stakeholders in Ghana sports, who have expressed gratitude to the Ghana Football Association for their massive support.
Asamoah Gyan's events company Jetlink and Continental Paints are supporting the programme.
For more Ghana football news visit www.ghanasoccernet.com
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- Game Of Marriage 2
- Faye Mpaebo 3
- Tech: A bullet in a shoe and people trampling over each other: Witnesses to the shooting at YouTube recall moments of panic (GOOG, GOOGL)
- Latest Updates & Breaking News of Ghana | News Ghana
- Politics: Russia is using Twitter to crowdsource ways to respond to the US expulsion of its diplomats
- Real Madrid dispatch Kwadwo Asamoah's Juventus 3-0
- Tech: Read the e-mail Google CEO Sundar Pichai sent employees about the YouTube shooting
- Business College International Launches 15th Anniversary Celebrations
- Finance: An Air Canada jet was forced to make an emergency landing after pilots reported smoke in the cockpit
- BCI launches 15th anniversary celebrations
- NDC’s secret deal with US military out
- Opuni, Agongo plead not guilty
- Tony Elumelu Foundation selects 1,000 entrepreneurs for 2018 programme
- David Oscar: "Talent got Stonebwoy the BET award, not riches" - singer fires at Shatta Wale
- Tech: The #DeleteFacebook movement is a strong reminder that none of these so-called 'free' services are truly free (FB)
- Finance: Dow Jones soars as much as 500 points as trade-war fears subside
- Strategy: Chicago's attempt to impress Amazon backfired after it destroyed a 'priceless' graffiti artwork in HQ2 bid clean-up
- Tech: Alphabet's chairman and a Google distinguished engineer won a prestigious $1 million prize
- RTI will be law by end of 2018 – Hamid
- 'If you can't call him 'mi wura', 'nts3', my lord, don't marry him' – Duncan-Williams
- Opuni, Agongo granted GH¢600,000 bail
- State parades 9 Lawyers for Opuni’s trial
- One of Africa’s most promising cities has a trash problem
- Tech: 12 fitness 'truths' that are doing more harm than good
- Tech: The incredible story of the 'Virtual Boy' — Nintendo's VR headset from 1995 that failed spectacularly
- Politics: Kim Jong Un reportedly makes history with first-ever visit to China as head of state
- Diamond Pub & Grill: Has Shatta Michy's pub business collapsed?
- Tech: New FCC order will accelerate 5G rollouts
- Finance: Facebook is officially in a bear market as the FTC confirms a probe into the Cambridge Analytica data scandal (FB)
- Finance: Facebook enters a bear market as the FTC confirms a probe into the Cambridge Analytica data scandal (FB)
- Politics: A doctored photo showing a prominent Parkland shooting survivor ripping up the Constitution went viral on right-wing social media
- Travel Trivia: Male shoppers scoop all prizes in malls' holiday travel trivia final
- Pulse Food: How to make creamy coconut porridge
- Ghana’s Young Swimming Team Buoyant For GC 2018
- Azumah Nelson Fight Night Series Comes To An End
- Opuni faces 25 years jail term - Gloria Akuffo
- NDC buses supporters to court over Opuni trial
- Ghana named amongst top ranked investment destinations in Africa for 2017
- Construction begins for Koforidua Youth and Sports Center
- Sierra Leone court lifts order halting presidential election
- Cavani Scores As Uruguay Beat Wales To Win China Cup