- N'Golo Kante suffered a hamstring injury during the international break
- The Frenchman was out for three weeks and has returned to Chelsea training
- Since Kante suffered his injury the Blues conceded eight goals in four games
- Antonio Conte has insisted he doesn't plan to rush Kante's return to action
By Jaime Wright For Mailonline
Published: 11:36 EDT, 26 October 2017 | Updated: 12:16 EDT, 26 October 2017
N'Golo Kante is nearing his return to Chelsea as the French international returns to first-team training with his side's Manchester United clash closing in.
The midfielder suffered a hamstring injury during the international break and was ruled out of first-team action for three weeks but has lifted the Blues after joining his-team mates on Thursday.
Antonio Conte will breathe the biggest sigh of relief though, with the 26-year-old a noticeable absence in the Chelsea side of late, who have conceded eight goals in their four games without the former Leicester man.
N'golo Kante returned to Chelsea training after a three-week absence with a hamstring injury
'He's progressing well,' Conte said according to the Metro. 'I am happy, I saw him in a good physical condition.'
Chelsea can thank some last-gasp strikes across the board for their fortunes, having come from behind against Roma and Watford in recent weeks to take something from the game.
The French international suffered the injury during the break at the beginning of October
Antonio Conte leads Chelsea's preparations ahead of their trip to Bournemouth on Saturday
The Blues were able to inflict more misery over Everton on Wednesday as goals from Antonio Rudiger and Willian fired Conte's team into the Carabao Cup quarter finals.
Conte will be hopeful the return of his midfield rock will revitalise a Chelsea side that have lost ground both domestically and in Europe.
Chelsea's 4-2 victory over Watford last weekend recovered some of the lost ground from their shock defeat by Crystal Palace at Selhurst Park just a week previous.
The Blues will be hoping to make up Premier League ground with a win at Bournemouth
Cesc Fabregas stays sharp as he continues momentum from Wednesday's Everton triumph
Nonetheless, the Blues still sit fourth in the Premier League, four points adrift of third and second-place Tottenham and Manchester United, who they will face next Sunday, and a further nine back from leaders Manchester City.
Meanwhile a late strike from Eden Hazard salvaged a draw against Roma nearly a fortnight ago and maintained their lead in group C.
But Conte insisted he will not be rushing the Frenchman back, despite Saturday's trip to Bournemouth only round the corner.
'We need to keep calm and find the right moment to put him in the team. Now it will be very easy to tell him to play,' Conte added.
'We must pay attention and to find the best solution for him. He's ready.'
Antonio Rudiger will hope to kick on from scoring his first Chelsea goal in Toffees win
Most watched Sport videos
MOST READ SPORT
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- Ghana not dealing with sexual abuse correctly - Group
- Senior Pastor Donates N1m For The Completion Of Mosque In Calabar (Photo)
- Nigerian Yahoo Boy Busted Abroad For Defrauding Woman
- How To Improve Food Digestion During Pregnancy
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- South Sudan foes set to meet after two years
- Bongo Communities Benefit From Japanese Fund
- NSMQ2018: ABUGISS Towers Over Obuasi, Abuakwa
- World Day To Combat Desertification And Drought
- Economist Downplayed Negative Effect Of Bank Mergers
- World Sickle Cell Day: Patients Ask For Sickle Cell Centers
- Physically-Challenged Persons To Stage Protest Against DCE
- All Global Currencies Will Become Cryptocurrencies
- KTU Suspends Graduation Indefinitely
- KFC Now Available In Takoradi
- Marriage goals: Kalsoum Sinare eulogises husband Anthony Baffoe; says she’d choose him any day
- Rebuttal: Mahama’s incorruptible claim ‘biggest joke of the century’ – NPP
- Jabs: A father with rotten teeth begets babies with sharp teeth – Desoso’s son to Rawlings
- Eid-Ul-Fitr: ‘Salafest’ is satanic; stop organizing them – Imam warns
- Man Kills Own Mother After Impregnating Cousin
- Lagos Police Arrest Man For Impersonating Senator, Defrauding Nigerians
- OMG! Woman & Her Five Children Found Dead In Their Home
- NewPDP Can’t Be Ignored - Chieftain tells Buhari
- Newly Wed Lecturer Dies After 'Spiritual Attack' In Delta (Photos)
- Nigeria sees a rush to get Nollywood online
- All set for the 2nd edition of Ghana Beverage Awards
- Profile of new BOST Managing Director
- All set for the 2nd edition of Ghana Beverage Awards
- 'Petty, reckless' Mahama incorruptibility claim 'biggest joke' - NPP
- Special Import Levy accrues GHC610m
- Church elder found dead after 'bonking' church member
- Charlotte Osei-led EC preparing for creation of new regions - Dan Botwe
- Mahama can’t be incorruptible; he eats, drinks corruption – NPP
- Majeed Waris set to return to Lorient after FC Porto loan
- Ghanaian striker Ahmed Said to join Croatian giants Hadjuk Split for pre-season on Tuesday
- Thomas Boakye discharged from hospital after scary injury in Sweden
- Today at the News stands
- Mother and 2-year-old son dead after ‘slipping into’ gutter at Ashaiman
- U-Turn: Ho West NDC MP rescinds decision to resign
- Pastor Told Me I'll Be Great, But I Didn't Believe Until It Happened - Nigerian Billionaire
- Friends Who Killed Adulterous Woman Take Nigeria Police To Where They Did It
- Angry NDC Youth Pushes For Chairman To Resign