- N'Golo Kante suffered a hamstring injury during the international break
- The Frenchman was out for three weeks and has returned to Chelsea training
- Since Kante suffered his injury the Blues conceded eight goals in four games
- Antonio Conte has insisted he doesn't plan to rush Kante's return to action
By Jaime Wright For Mailonline
Published: 11:36 EDT, 26 October 2017 | Updated: 12:16 EDT, 26 October 2017
N'Golo Kante is nearing his return to Chelsea as the French international returns to first-team training with his side's Manchester United clash closing in.
The midfielder suffered a hamstring injury during the international break and was ruled out of first-team action for three weeks but has lifted the Blues after joining his-team mates on Thursday.
Antonio Conte will breathe the biggest sigh of relief though, with the 26-year-old a noticeable absence in the Chelsea side of late, who have conceded eight goals in their four games without the former Leicester man.
N'golo Kante returned to Chelsea training after a three-week absence with a hamstring injury
'He's progressing well,' Conte said according to the Metro. 'I am happy, I saw him in a good physical condition.'
Chelsea can thank some last-gasp strikes across the board for their fortunes, having come from behind against Roma and Watford in recent weeks to take something from the game.
The French international suffered the injury during the break at the beginning of October
Antonio Conte leads Chelsea's preparations ahead of their trip to Bournemouth on Saturday
The Blues were able to inflict more misery over Everton on Wednesday as goals from Antonio Rudiger and Willian fired Conte's team into the Carabao Cup quarter finals.
Conte will be hopeful the return of his midfield rock will revitalise a Chelsea side that have lost ground both domestically and in Europe.
Chelsea's 4-2 victory over Watford last weekend recovered some of the lost ground from their shock defeat by Crystal Palace at Selhurst Park just a week previous.
The Blues will be hoping to make up Premier League ground with a win at Bournemouth
Cesc Fabregas stays sharp as he continues momentum from Wednesday's Everton triumph
Nonetheless, the Blues still sit fourth in the Premier League, four points adrift of third and second-place Tottenham and Manchester United, who they will face next Sunday, and a further nine back from leaders Manchester City.
Meanwhile a late strike from Eden Hazard salvaged a draw against Roma nearly a fortnight ago and maintained their lead in group C.
But Conte insisted he will not be rushing the Frenchman back, despite Saturday's trip to Bournemouth only round the corner.
'We need to keep calm and find the right moment to put him in the team. Now it will be very easy to tell him to play,' Conte added.
'We must pay attention and to find the best solution for him. He's ready.'
Antonio Rudiger will hope to kick on from scoring his first Chelsea goal in Toffees win
Most watched Sport videos
MOST READ SPORT
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- BREAKING: CBN Revokes Skye Bank’s License
- Two Men Fight Over Who'll Sit At Front Seat Of A Bus In Lagos
- How People React To Adebayo Shittu Skipping NYSC
- Why PDP Lost In 2015 But Will Win In 2019 – Kwankwaso
- PDP BoT In Tension Over Support For Presidential Aspirants
- See How Streets Turn River As Osinbajo visits Anambra, & Delta Flooded Areas
- Desperate search for missing after deadly Lake Victoria disaster
- Desperate search resumes for missing after Lake Victoria disaster
- Elikem Kotoko and Wonder Madilo: NDC disqualifies two national executive aspirants
- Opposition Party: Vetting of aspirants in NDC's national elections begins
- Saraki Received By Crowd As He Arrives Port Harcourt (Photos)
- See African Country Where Father Is President & His Son Is The Vice President
- Beautiful Lady Becomes Speaker Of FUTO Legislature
- Dino Melaye Gets A Boost As PDP Aspirant Steps Down For Him
- Court Stops Police From Arresting Dancing Senator
- Woman Kidnaps Neighbor’s Daughter After Collecting N5,000
- Moroccan migrants risk it all to reach Europe
- As We Had Founders Of Ghana So We Have Demolishers Of Ghana
- Time For Ghana's Leaders And Media Professionals To Be As Bold As President Nkrumah Was - If The Ghana-Beyond-Aid Is To Ever Materialise
- Osagyefo Dr. Kwame Nkrumah: The Idea And Strength Of Africa’s Independence
- Time To Join The Movement That Ends Poverty
- Akuffo-Addo’s Appointees Mustn’t Give Ghanaians Reason To Repeat The 2008 Catastrophic Mistake(I)
- Tinubu As Godfather Atiku Or Saraki As President Is Chin-Bian
- Dreadful Pharmaceutical Corruption In The Netherlands Style
- Why Ghana Is Under The Yoke Of Economic Oppression
- Fear and anger as cholera strikes again in Zimbabwe
- Kotoko CEO Pays Working Visit To Alhaji Lamin, Serebour Boateng
- Kotoko Management Informed South African Embassy To Deny Me A Visa - Paa Kwesi Fabin Reveals
- First 1000 Finishers Of Millennium Marathon To Receive Special Prizes
- Top Female Officials To Serve As Mentors For Female National Teams
- Dr Afriyie Appointed To Chair National Anti-Doping Committee (NADC)
- Madam Elizabeth Sackey To Chair Gt. Accra Venue LOC
- Normalization Committee grant AshGold permission to play Kotoko friendly
- Martin Amidu can’t be effective – Auditor General
- Girl Smarts: Carmen Electra just posed nude at 46 and damn she looks good
- Health Tips: What is protein water and should you be drinking it?
- Tech: Google's ex-CEO Eric Schmidt says the internet will split in two by 2028
- Kwame Nkrumah Memorial Day: Today remains Founder's Day- Mahama maintains
- Lifestyle: American Airlines threatens to make people pay for a whole new flight if they want to change the time
- Finance: British politician pledges to break up "cartel" of big four accounting firms in radical overhaul
- Battle for The Goat: K.P Boateng settles the Ronaldo vs Messi debate
- Marching Orders: These are the most infamous red cards in football history