- N'Golo Kante suffered a hamstring injury during the international break
- The Frenchman was out for three weeks and has returned to Chelsea training
- Since Kante suffered his injury the Blues conceded eight goals in four games
- Antonio Conte has insisted he doesn't plan to rush Kante's return to action
By Jaime Wright For Mailonline
Published: 11:36 EDT, 26 October 2017 | Updated: 12:16 EDT, 26 October 2017
N'Golo Kante is nearing his return to Chelsea as the French international returns to first-team training with his side's Manchester United clash closing in.
The midfielder suffered a hamstring injury during the international break and was ruled out of first-team action for three weeks but has lifted the Blues after joining his-team mates on Thursday.
Antonio Conte will breathe the biggest sigh of relief though, with the 26-year-old a noticeable absence in the Chelsea side of late, who have conceded eight goals in their four games without the former Leicester man.
N'golo Kante returned to Chelsea training after a three-week absence with a hamstring injury
'He's progressing well,' Conte said according to the Metro. 'I am happy, I saw him in a good physical condition.'
Chelsea can thank some last-gasp strikes across the board for their fortunes, having come from behind against Roma and Watford in recent weeks to take something from the game.
The French international suffered the injury during the break at the beginning of October
Antonio Conte leads Chelsea's preparations ahead of their trip to Bournemouth on Saturday
The Blues were able to inflict more misery over Everton on Wednesday as goals from Antonio Rudiger and Willian fired Conte's team into the Carabao Cup quarter finals.
Conte will be hopeful the return of his midfield rock will revitalise a Chelsea side that have lost ground both domestically and in Europe.
Chelsea's 4-2 victory over Watford last weekend recovered some of the lost ground from their shock defeat by Crystal Palace at Selhurst Park just a week previous.
The Blues will be hoping to make up Premier League ground with a win at Bournemouth
Cesc Fabregas stays sharp as he continues momentum from Wednesday's Everton triumph
Nonetheless, the Blues still sit fourth in the Premier League, four points adrift of third and second-place Tottenham and Manchester United, who they will face next Sunday, and a further nine back from leaders Manchester City.
Meanwhile a late strike from Eden Hazard salvaged a draw against Roma nearly a fortnight ago and maintained their lead in group C.
But Conte insisted he will not be rushing the Frenchman back, despite Saturday's trip to Bournemouth only round the corner.
'We need to keep calm and find the right moment to put him in the team. Now it will be very easy to tell him to play,' Conte added.
'We must pay attention and to find the best solution for him. He's ready.'
Antonio Rudiger will hope to kick on from scoring his first Chelsea goal in Toffees win
Most watched Sport videos
MOST READ SPORT
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- Tech: Elon Musk is lovesick and lonely after Amber Heard breakup, and doesn't know who to date next
- KABA´s days at Techiman Senior High School
- Military Coup: Robert Mugabe UNDER SIEGE
- Cristiano Ronaldo secretly calls Messi over Ballon D'Or
- New Music: E.L - Nina (Prod. by E.L)
- Otiko Djaba’s cleavage causes stir in Parliament
- Quiz that’ll help you win every row with your other half
- I never attended secondary school – Obaapa Christy
- DVD market is dead, you’re lucky if you sell 1000 - Shirley Frimpong-Manso
- Catholic priest mediates Mugabe's 'honourable exit'
- Jay Z, Kim Kardashian attend Serena Williams' wedding
- Mother's unique punishment to son goes viral
- KABA’s students recall fond memories of his days as a teacher
- Watch: Wizkid drops music video for ‘Manya’, gives props to VIP
- Green tea supplements warning after teen's organ damage
- Students of Parkoso SHS study on bare floor
- Kwabena Kwabena not my lover – Frema
- Full story: How KABA died!
- Strategy: 5 books that can help you have a happier marriage
- Cristiano Ronaldo wants 7 Ballon d'Ors and 7 children
- Tech: A 20-year-old YouTube star just bought a $6.9 million mansion — take a look inside
- Mugabe Agrees To Step Down, Negotiates For Wife To Leave
- I am not a Hearts of Oak supporter- Otumfuo
- Yvonne Nelson’s baby ‘daddy’ shares new photo
- Lilwin electrifies Kumkum Bhagya stage with crazy dance moves
- Comic Relief For The Complex Shatta Wale-Wizkid Math Question And Solution
- ISIS beheads fifteen of its own in Afghanistan infighting
- Insanity: “it is better for a girl to be broken in by her father rather than a stranger,” - father tells daughter after abuse
- Stuttgart 2-1 Borussia Dortmund: Aubameyang banned by club
- Mugabe 'falls ASLEEP' in public appearance
- Strategy: 9 words and phrases that make you look less smart, less competent, and less accomplished than you really are
- First two-drug HIV treatment regimen gets US FDA approval
- This is how Multimedia Group announced the death of KABA to Staff
- Beyonce in talks with Gareth Bale to sing at wedding
- Russell Simmons accused of assaulting model in New York
- New Juaben: Used-clothing sellers protest relocation exersise
- Riches to Rags: These African players went broke after retirement
- Mugabe’s successor back from exile
- Al Franken pitched SNL skit about raping Leslie Stahl
- Serena Williams reveals dress after post-wedding party
- Married Ohio rep steps down due to 'inappropriate behavior'
- Politics: John McCain is threatening Trump's defense nominees over the Army's plan to offer mental-health waivers