- Willian was the man of the moment as Chelsea took a point away from Anfield
- Coming off the bench the Brazilian struck late on to level the scoreline
- Liverpool had taken the lead through former Chelsea man Mohamed Salah
- Willian's effort lobbed Simon Mignolet from distance but it looked like a cross
Brazilian winger Willian was the man of the hour at Anfield on Saturday, after coming off the bench to score a sublime goal and earn a share of the points.
Liverpool had taken the lead through former Chelsea man Mohamed Salah and looked to be heading on their way to a crucial victory, but for a late piece of magic from Antonio Conte's samba star.
Ever since the goal debate has been rife regarding whether Willian meant it, or if it was simply just a fortunate cross turned goal. Sportsmail's authoritative voices Martin Keown and Chris Sutton give their views alongside fellow pundits Gary Lineker and Jermaine Jenas.
Willian's sensational effort earned a draw at Anfield, but talk about it has been rife ever since
Willian's response: It was a shot, for sure. It was beautiful.
SUTTON: I don’t think he meant it but would you say you did? Of course you would. Lying is good sometimes. Maybe if he does it again, then I’ll believe him. If I had scored that, I would be milking it. I would be telling everyone I met how good the goal was.
KEOWN: Why don’t we trust what the player says? If he says he meant it, then I will accept that. If it was Eden Hazard or Kevin de Bruyne or Mohamed Salah, we would be more inclined to accept it.
I don’t think Willian is that far off himself. Maybe it is a show of disrespect that we don’t believe him.
LINEKER: If he meant that, it was one of the great goals of all time. I’m not so sure.
JENAS: He is the type of player who has that in his locker but it’s a cross. It’s a fortunate goal.
Despite insisting he meant to score the goal, Willian looked shocked as it hit the back of the net
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- Girl Smarts: Kate Hudson’s fabletics line looks like this in real life
- Guy Smarts: How many calories do you burn while you sleep?
- Odd Enough: Is it acceptable to shave on public transportation?
- WHO Warns Against Air Pollution-related Deaths
- Committee Under Fire To Release Report On Asawase Police Killings
- Experts To Green Northern Ghana
- Bongo: Agriculture Activities Affected Due To Lack Of Good Bridges
- Blame NDC on DTV Migration Delay, Not NPP
- ‘Communications Ministry Always Disgracing Gov’t’
- LEAP Currently Serving Over 456,000 Households
- Kumbungu Youth Chief On Police Wanted List
- Habitat Fair Offers Great Deals
- This Is The Most Photographed House In Africa
- Ghanaian Striker Seth Painstil Scores Again As Admira Beat Wacker In Austria
- Cameroon Captain Benjamin Moukandjo Retires From International Football
- CAF Confederation Cup: Enyimba Clobber Rwandan Side Rayon Sports To Book Last Four Spot
- Lacazette And Aubameyang Earn Arsenal Win Over Everton
- Opinion: Welcome to college. Your parents are in the tents next door
- World: Armed with a laptop and a spreadsheet, he takes on the city's biggest landlords
- Politics: How 2 guys in a Connecticut jail cell helped change the way America does drugs
- Entertainment: Life is a cabaret (and Alan Cumming is tending bar)
- World: Hurricane Florence has gone, but challenges for the Carolinas have just begun
- Finance: Wall Street's convinced that Tesla will need to raise more cash — and has some theories about how and when that may happen (TSLA)
- World: Nigerian herders' biggest fear: Not lions, but farmers
- World: Talk of the 25th amendment underscores a volatile presidency
- World: Tentative deal reached for Aavanaugh accuser to testify on Thursday
- World: Japan vows to cut its nuclear hoard. Neighbors fear the opposite
- Group To Validate OGP Commitments
- 60 Years Of GMA: Ntranoa And Surrounding Communities Undergo Health Screening
- Ghanaian Youth Should Be More Innovative
- Breast Cancer Is A Disease Not A Curse
- CAF Champions League: These four clubs have qualified for semis
- Sports: Packers coach Mike McCarthy freaks out at referees after Clay Matthews called for another questionable roughing-the-passer penalty
- Golden Clash: AshGold beat Kotoko in 5-goal thriller
- Sports: 'It doesn't look good': 49ers fear Jimmy Garoppolo suffered a season-ending knee injury
- Finance: Weed stocks have become so popular that Robinhood is having trouble executing trades for one of the most-popular names
- Politics: Step aboard the USS Kearsarge, the US Navy workhorse that takes Marines to war
- Shocking: Woman sustains injuries jumping out of moving taxi after driver tries to rob and kidnap her
- Young girls primary victims of humanitarian strife
- Richmond Boakye Scores For Red Star Belgrade In Draw At Partizan In 'The Eternal Derby'
- AshantiGold Defeat Asante Kotoko In 'Golden Clash' Return Encounter
- Sports: Tiger Woods completes first win since 2013 as celebrating crowd mobs the course in surreal scene