- Willian was the man of the moment as Chelsea took a point away from Anfield
- Coming off the bench the Brazilian struck late on to level the scoreline
- Liverpool had taken the lead through former Chelsea man Mohamed Salah
- Willian's effort lobbed Simon Mignolet from distance but it looked like a cross
Brazilian winger Willian was the man of the hour at Anfield on Saturday, after coming off the bench to score a sublime goal and earn a share of the points.
Liverpool had taken the lead through former Chelsea man Mohamed Salah and looked to be heading on their way to a crucial victory, but for a late piece of magic from Antonio Conte's samba star.
Ever since the goal debate has been rife regarding whether Willian meant it, or if it was simply just a fortunate cross turned goal. Sportsmail's authoritative voices Martin Keown and Chris Sutton give their views alongside fellow pundits Gary Lineker and Jermaine Jenas.
Willian's sensational effort earned a draw at Anfield, but talk about it has been rife ever since
Willian's response: It was a shot, for sure. It was beautiful.
SUTTON: I don’t think he meant it but would you say you did? Of course you would. Lying is good sometimes. Maybe if he does it again, then I’ll believe him. If I had scored that, I would be milking it. I would be telling everyone I met how good the goal was.
KEOWN: Why don’t we trust what the player says? If he says he meant it, then I will accept that. If it was Eden Hazard or Kevin de Bruyne or Mohamed Salah, we would be more inclined to accept it.
I don’t think Willian is that far off himself. Maybe it is a show of disrespect that we don’t believe him.
LINEKER: If he meant that, it was one of the great goals of all time. I’m not so sure.
JENAS: He is the type of player who has that in his locker but it’s a cross. It’s a fortunate goal.
Despite insisting he meant to score the goal, Willian looked shocked as it hit the back of the net
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- What To Do If You're A Child of God & You Feel Stuck In Life
- Prestea Methodist Junior High School JHS Girl Hangs Herself
- KMA Ready To Deal With Encroachers – Kumasi Mayor
- Drug dealer jailed 10 years in Tarkwa
- NGO organises training for leaders in five communities
- Kelni GVG Technology Breaches Consumer Data, Privacy?
- Here Are Some Classic Anasisms
- Pekan Enclave East Legon Residents Seeking To Beef Up Security
- Akufo-Addo Should Come Clean On Corruption Against Government
- Opinion: Why Ghana’s Telco Revenue Assurance Isn’t Working
- Franklin Cudjoe's Life Is In Danger Over Crusade On GVG Deal
- Kwesi Nyantakyi Not Guilty Yet
- NDC MP Charges Nana Addo To Stay Off Investigation Against Nyantakyi
- Stay Away From Akua Blakofe For Resigning Amidst Massive Corruption Under NPP—Student Warns Gabby
- Madagascar ruling party says 'open to' talks to end crisis
- Tony Lokko Hails Medeama Coach Samuel Boadu
- Timothy Fosu-Mensah Thankful To Crystal Palace After Loan Spell
- Rafael Essel Mensah Part Ways With Ebusua Dwarfs
- Rawlings Pays Tribute To Coach E.K Afranie
- Chewing Palm-Kernels While Suffering From Tooth-Ache (2)
- Inbound PR: The New PR
- Harnessing Traditional Medicine Practice In Ghana •The Role Of CPMR
- Ghana’s Parliamentarians have cramps in their heads…
- Halitosis, How To Manage Bad Breath
- God’s Word You Have
- Most Wanted Bogoso Robber Gunned Down In Accra
- Police Set To Train Investigators
- Turkmenistan police inspect toilets for use of president's newspaper photos as toilet paper
- Tullow Gives Hope To 2018 BECE Candidates
- Tamale MCE ‘arrests’ under-aged children for unlawful roaming at night
- Police to train investigators to minimize failed prosecutions
- Old Vandals donate to Pantang Mental Hospital
- Unilever Ghana Ltd wins Manufacturing Company of the Year Award
- ‘To God be the glory’ – Songo responds to Nyantakyi investigations
- LIVE UPDATES: Real Madrid vs Liverpool (Champions League Final)
- Four-year presidential term not enough – Dr. Lawrence Tetteh
- $89.4m Kelni GVG deal: Independent enquiry needed – Baako
- Tech: Marketing expert charges African investors leverage on the benefits of digital strategy
- Strategy: Sachet water companies in Ghana with dangerous substances
- Strategy: Africa's efficiency in agriculture now worse than colonial era
- Of Ghana’s Sporting Heroes And Villains: The Silent Musing Of Anas Aremeyaw Anas
- NPP Urges African Leaders To Emulate Akufo-Addo’s Anti-corruption Strategy