Thomas Partey grabbed an amazing hat-trick as Ghana clobbered Congo 5-1 in Brazzaville on Tuesday 5th September, 2017 to revive the country's faint 2018 World Cup qualifying campaign hopes.
The Atletico Madrid midfielder scored from close range, curled the third and rattled his first international career hat-trick for the fourth goal as the West African giants put a brave Congolese side to the sword.
Real Star Belgrade striker, Richmond Boakye Yiadom, who replaced injured captain Asamoah Gyan, also grabbed a remarkable brace on his return to the national team.
READ MORE: La Liga Lionel Messi breaks silence on Cristiano Ronaldo's exit from Real Madrid
Yiadom poked home the opener on 22 minutes after some pinball in the penalty area connecting from close range before Partey increased the tally.
An unmarked Lloyd Ayet headed home to reduce the deficit before Thomas Partey restored the two-goal lead to end the first half.
The Black Stars returned for the second stanza brimmed with confidence but the Congolese tested goalkeeper Richard Ofori, who produced three top class saves to deny the home side.
Atleti midfielder Thomas Partey picked up on a loose ball, prodded it forward and fired to give Ghana an unassailable 4-1 lead before Richmond Boakye-Yiadom grabbed his brace with a cool finish five minutes from time.
Congo had started the game in Brazzaville strongly but were overpowered after the Black Stars opened the scoring against the run of play through Boakye after 23 minutes, with Partey doubling that lead just three minutes later.
In a topsy-turvy spell just before half-time, Illoy Ayyet scored his first goal for Congo after 43 minutes only for Partey to spin cleverly and fire home Christian Atsu's pass from a tight angle in first-half stoppage time.
With 21 minutes left on the clock, Partey resembled a seasoned striker as he lashed into the top corner after 69 minutes to seal his hat-trick.
Suddenly a huge sense of optimism has erupted in the West African country with fans eagerly awaiting the outcome of the game between Egypt and Uganda in Alexandria.
Ghana remain third on the table but with an improved five points, two adrift of Uganda who play as guest of the Pharoahs later tonight in Alexandria.
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- The Backpack Messiah
- Ethiopian rebels fire verbal volley over peace deal
- French PM kicks off national debate with Yellow Vests
- We’re Not Communicating Well For Ghanaians To Understand What We've Achieved – Bawumia
- Former Keta MCE Found Dead
- How 2 Men Were Caught With $2.8m By EFCC At The Airport
- Boko Haram mastermind of deadly Nigeria blasts arrested: police
- Burundi crisis summit postponed again: official
- Macron in Chad for Christmas dinner with Barkhane troops
- UN report on horror of gang rape and exploitation of migrants in Libya
- GHC180m approved for Special Prosecutor; Minority alleges clash of ‘egos’ with AG
- Former Keta MCE found dead in suspected suicide
- AshantiGold SC sign Burkina Faso goalkeeper Baba Zongo
- Meet the Catholic Priest who left his cassock to marry after 15 years
- CAF Confed Cup: Sharks aiming to swim against the tide in Kumasi
- GFA Normalization Committee sends goodwill message to Kotoko
- Parliament Approves Drone Agreement. Here is All You Need to Know About Ghana's "blood Delivery Drones".MP4
- By switching to lower-cost remittance services, the Ghanaian diaspora could send their loved ones an extra gift this Christmas
- Melcom gives back with appreciation dinner
- The Sad Story of Innocent Yousif Musah Who Got Stabbed
- CAF CC: Ashanti Regional Minister Buys 100 Tickets For Kotoko Supporters Ahead Of Sharks Encounter
- Go tough on Ghana’s ‘uncivilized’ sanitation – Rawlings
- Meet the 21-year-old Ghanaian tech whiz who’s coded for Instagram and Snapchat
- Amidu’s office can’t justify GHC30m expenditure – Minority
- Ex President Kufuor’s MCE for Keta commits suicide in uncompleted building
- Seize, sell Menzgold and NAM1's assets to pay clients – Ato Forson to government
- Segun and Ronke Abiona, the couple behind the Nicole and Giovanni brand talks to Business Insider in this exclusive interview
- Jose Mourinho: Manchester United sack manager
- White Lady flies down to arrest Sakawa Boy who duped her of over €20,000
- Capital Bank: Ato Essien Countersues Recievers
- Media Analysts Rate Journalists Performance at President's Encounter
- Cargill Ends 10th Anniversary With Family Day
- Kwabena Duffour's Suit Thrown Out
- Minority Accuses Special Prosecutor and A-G of 'Clash of Egos'
- Bawumia Falter Party Communicators for Not Telling Their Good Works
- Catholic Priest Leaves Altar to Marry After 15 years of Service
- Jerry Arthur Gets Full Scholarship From Bayport to University
- Govt Urged to Consult Widely on Fiscal Council Formation
- Asante Akyem North Teachers Grapple with Accommodation
- Christian Atsu Helps Free 10 Prisoners By Paying Court Fines [PHOTO]
- Kwaku Agyemang 'rejected' free medical equipment, drones offered to Ghana - MAMA-HELP
- Builsa overlord lauds Akufo-Addo over promise