- Entertainment Weekly shared the first official photos from "Captain Marvel" on Wednesday.
- Among them was a look at a digitally de-aged Samuel L. Jackson, who plays a young Nick Fury in the 1990s-set movie.
- Jackson posted the photo to his Instagram and said, "Wow, this Marvel de-aging thing is doper than I thought!"
Entertainment Weekly revealed the first images from Marvel Studios' "Captain Marvel" on Wednesday. They feature the first look at Brie Larson as the title character and of the shape-shifting aliens called the Skrulls. But never to be forgotten is Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury, and the Fury we see in "Captain Marvel" isn't one were familiar with.
For starters, the Fury of "Captain Marvel's" 1990s setting is obviously younger, so Jackson was digitally de-aged for the role, according to EW. He's also a "lowly S.H.I.E.L.D. desk jockey (who hasn’t yet met any superheroes)," which is a far cry from his status within the Marvel Cinematic Universe as director of S.H.I.E.L.D. and recruiter of the Avengers.
He also has two eyes still in the movie, and anyone familiar with the MCU knows that Fury wears an eye patch over his missing eye.
The movie is expected to reveal how Fury and Captain Marvel meet. In the after-credits scene of "Avengers: Infinity War," Fury sends an alert to Captain Marvel before disappearing from the Thanos snap.
Jackson shared the photo on Instagram on Wednesday and said, "Wow, this Marvel de-aging thing is doper than I thought!"
The image is below:
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- Dr. Bawumia For UK Investment Summit
- Anas Exposé: I Feel Sad For Former GFA Boss Kwesi Nyantakyi - Asamoah Gyan
- We Will Surely Qualify For AFCON - Asamoah Gyan Assures Ghanaians
- Asamoah Gyan Reveals Why He Shockingly Left Sunderland For UAE On Loan
- Poisonous Chinese tilapia destroyed [Video]
- Okyenhene Okays 1D1F
- First Photos of Ooni Of Ife With His Beautiful Bride in His Palace
- Governor Ganduje In Trouble As Kano Assembly Begins Action
- Why Cameroonians Must Reject President Paul Biya
- Netpreneur: The Rise of Nigeria's Digital Whiz
- Don’t Use Your Uniform To Intimidate Civilians - Akufo-Addo Warns Soldiers
- Cameroon court rejects all appeals over electoral conduct
- Through The Haze, A Better Democracy
- Laying in the sand…and round and round
- Vanquishing the Republic: Harry and Meghan in Australia
- NaBCO allowances better than NSS allowances - NDC MP
- Gratitude To President Akufo Addo
- The Knowledge Of Our Lord Jesus Christ
- SHOCKING: Ratomir Dujkovic Was Given GHC2.4 Billion For Qualifying Ghana To 2006 World Cup - Normalization Committee Reveals
- Asamoah Confident Of Inter Victory In Milan Derby
- APO: Special Economic Zones are key in reviving manufacturing In South Africa – Dube Trade Port CEO
- Blind man has a ‘guide-lioness’ instead of a guide-dog
- ‘Hashtag’ to be premiered at Silverbird Cinemas on October 19
- Lifestyle: An elderly man fell down an abandoned Arizona mine shaft, broke his legs, fought off 3 snakes, and lived
- UTV's newscaster Afia Akyere ties the knot in beautiful white wedding ceremony
- Student serves colleagues with cookies made from grandparent's cremated ashes
- Lifestyle: A Southwest flight made an emergency landing after a man reportedly wouldn't stop touching a female passenger against her will
- UN reappoints Nana Addo as Co-Chair of eminent persons to champion SDGs
- Sports: Mourinho all-out to save his job against former club as United visit Stamford Bridge
- Check out the solution for instant full and perky breast
- I had no idea of the judges murder in 1982 - Tsatsu Tsikata
- APO: Ecobank Transnational Incorporated announces co-option of new director
- Don’t intimidate civilians – Akufo-Addo to soldiers
- Eastwood Anaba advised me to attend Reign Album launch - Stonebwoy
- Shatta Wale, Stonebwoy are not creative - Kwame Nkrumah Tikese
- Dujkovic received GHC2.4 billion for qualifying Ghana for 2006 World Cup
- Finance: 10 things you need to know before the opening bell (SPY, SPX, QQQ, DIA, PYPL, TSLA)
- This sexy female pastor’s security detail and luxury cars will scare you
- Sports: Mayweather attacks Canelo Álvarez on Instagram over failed drug tests, and says their fight was the 'easiest night' in his whole career
- Tech: Uber hired a special adviser to a British minister, and it highlights tech firms' thirst for political influencers
- Holala! IGP Guilty Of Contempt
- Stonebwoy To Host ‘Ashaiman To Da World’ Concert