Home | News | World News | UK-Based Ghanaian Prophet In Court For Murder

UK-Based Ghanaian Prophet In Court For Murder

UK-Based Ghanaian Prophet In Court For Murder Eric Isaiah Adusah and wife

An Accra magistrate court on Monday remanded UK-based Ghanaian Prophet Eric Isaiah Adusah, into police custody on a holding charge of murder.

The embattled founder and leader of the Global Light Revival Ministry would make his second appearance today, April 7, 2015.

The 48-year-old prophet was arrested on Monday, March 23, 2015, by the Eastern Regional Police Command on suspicion of murdering his 42- year-old British wife, Charmaine Speirs, who was found dead in her room at the Mac Dic Hotel in Koforidua on March 20, 2015 – three days after her husband had returned to London.

The Global Light Revival Ministry, which has branches in the United Kingdom, is said to be one of the most successful churches worldwide, with good financial standing.

The unassuming pastor had traveled to Ghana with his wife for a church programme at the invitation of Bishop Yaw Adu, President of the Council of Local Christian Churches in the Eastern Region and founder of House of Prayer Church International in Koforidua.

The three-day prophetic programme was held on March 4 to 6, 2015 and was said to be very successful.

Upon the arrival of the couple, the woman lived with the host pastor while her husband lodged at the Koforidua guest house.

They later decided to spend some time together as a couple before their departure from the country.

At the instance of the deceased, they lodged at Royal Mac Dic Hotel because it has a swimming pool.

The couple however, disagreed on how long they should stay in the country. Charmaine Speirs wanted to stay for a month but her husband allegedly disagreed, saying that was too long a period.

The couple, according to a police source, then checked into the hotel on Monday, March 16 and paid up for five days.

On March 17, 2015, Prophet Adusah then agreed to allow his wife to spend 10 more days in Ghana before going back to the UK.

He left at the dawn of March 17, leaving a message at the front desk that his British wife didn’t like to be disturbed so the attendants should respond to her only when she called for help.

However, for three days the attendants at the facility tried fruitlessly to reach her.

They became alarmed because her check-out date was due that Friday.

Not getting any response from her, management decided to use a spare key to open the door to find out what was happening inside the room.

The woman, a police source said, who was pregnant, was found dead in the bath tub, lying prostrate with a white towel wrapped around her, almost in a decomposed state.

The police suspected foul play and invited Prophet Adusah back into the country and was arrested.

He has since been incarcerated by the homicide unit of the Criminal Investigation Department (CID) at the police headquarters.

His Ghanian host, Rev Yaw Adu, was not available for comment at the time of filing this report.

Meanwhile, Charmaine Speirs’ lifeless body has since been deposited at the Korle-Bu Teaching Hospital in Accra awaiting autopsy.

Most Watched Videos

Most Read News

Best Of The Web

 Join The Ghana Social Network

More from World News

Recent Comments

Most Popular Posts

USA News

UK News

News - Articles
Ghana Articles News
Go Up!