1. Wash plantain, cut ends and peel
2. Cut peeled plantain in half, lengthwise and slice, about half an inch thick
3. Marinate with chilli and ginger, and salt to taste.
4. Deep fry in hot oil at 160 C until golden brown
5. Serve hot. Can be served with roasted peanuts and finger food or black-eye beans stem.
Preparation Time: 20 mins
Cooking Time: 5 mins
Yields 2-3 servings
* 2 fingers of plantain
* 1-teaspoon ground ginger
* 1-teaspoon ground chilli
* 1-teaspoon ground or grated ginger
* Vegetable oil for deep-frying