The UK High Commissioner to Ghana, Jon Benjamin, has dismissed the firmly held Christian truth of the story of Noah’s Ark, dismissing it as nothing but a fairy tale.
Utilising his favourite medium of twitter to respond to a story from the creationist ministry ‘Ark Encounter’ about the number of animals who must have been on the ark (spoiler alert: about 7,000) – Benjamin pinned the number at zero.
Ergo, there never was an ark.
Christian mythology contains the genocidal story of Noah, who was ordered to build an ark by God so he, his family and two of every animal on this planet would survive whilst the Lord commits mass murder via flooding the world. Despite being a carbon copy of the epic of Gilgamesh and other myths in history, it is held as infallible truth by many Christians, mainly because it is written in the ‘infallible’ bible.
Benjamin, a self described agnostic, is obviously is not buying it. “How many animals on Noah’s Ark? The only two possible answers must be millions or none. I’ll go with the latter.” he tweeted early Tuesday.
How many animals on Noah's Ark? The only two possible answers must be millions or none. I'll go with the latter. https://t.co/Rg5mMZGrkP— Jon Benjamin (@JonBenjamin19) December 20, 2016
Criticism of religious doctrines is nothing new for the affable High Commissioner, who laid out his religious views in a couple of tweets a few days ago. When a twitter user asked him if he believed in God, he replied, “I’m agnostic. Meaning, I don’t know. But the fact I don’t know does not make your preferred alternative explanation automatically correct.”
British High Commissioner to Ghana – Jon Benjamin
“I’m sceptically agnostic.” he added. “What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence” – Christopher Hitchens. I await proof.”
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- Politician Accuses Policeman Of Shooting, Breaking His Leg
- 17 Grabbed For Galamsey At Nzema East
- Storekeeper Who Stole Free School Uniforms Under Investigations
- Nana Addo Set To Graduate NABCO Recruits Today
- Oti Region Presents Its Presidential Candidate For NDC Leadership Race
- State-Owned Gold Refinery Project To Create Over 1,000 Jobs
- Nzema East MCE donates furniture, shoes to schools in Municipality
- Sickle Cell Anemia
- Striker Bismarck Appiah Joins Ethiopian Champions Jimma Abba Jifar FC
- 2019 AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Beat Libya To Go Top Of Group E
- Kotoko Confirm Readiness To Re-Sign Midfielder Adjei
- Brazil Edge Past Argentina With Injury-Time Winner
- France Add To Germany's Woes As Griezmann Leads Comeback Win
- Kotoko To Engage Karela United In A Friendly
- 2019 AFCON Qualifier: Uganda Extend Group L Lead After Impressive Win Over Lesotho
- I Would Have Loved To Have Played For Kotoko – Dan Quaye
- Samudeen Ibrahim Arrives In Morocco For Raja Casablanca Switch
- 2019 AFCON Qualifier: Benin Blow Group D Wide Open With Shock Win Over Algeria
- Nigerian Actor Blossom's Wife Suffers Serious Burns After She Poured Hot Water On Her Body (Photos)
- APC, Police Colluding To Stop My Election Petition – Adeleke
- Nayorigo Primary School Lacks Furniture,Textbooks
- Father’s Scarecrow, My Sex Life And Millennials: Part I
- Gowon’s Injustice To Taiwo: Curse On Nigeria?
- Over 200 Global Food Movement Leaders and Organizations Reject "Gene Drives"
- Support Local Contractors - Alhaji PMC Urges Gov’t
- Namibian Delegation In Ghana To Strengthen Trade Relations
- Can A Fig Tree Produce Olives?
- Free SHS: Double Track To Run For 6 Years – MP
- Highlighting 1M Job Losses Without Corresponding Gains: An Illustrative Case Of Intellectual Dishonesty?
- Somalia Needs True Freedom, Peace And Progress
- Abdul Razak Feels Disappointed For Not Given The Opportunity To Coach A National Team
- SHOCKING: Black Stars Management Member Demanded 20,000 Euros From Elvis Manu To Help Him Get A Call-Up - Arhinful Reveals
- Ghana Hosts West African Zone One Triathlon Championship 11th November
- Kasim Nuhu Set To Return For TSG Hoffenheim Ahead Of FC Nuremberg Clash
- Prisoner Whose Surgery Bills Were Paid By Christian Atsu Dies
- Callum Hudson-Odoi Captains, Scores As England U-19 Thrash Macedonia
- Aduana Stars Chief Says It’s Premature For Normalisation Committee To Meet The Media
- 2019 AFCON Qualifier: Senegal Secure Qualification In Group A After Slim Win At Sudan
- Watch Sister Derby beg Medikal not to leave
- APO: British High Commissioner's speech at UK-Ghana Investment Summit
- Tech: Canada has officially legalized marijuana for all adults
- Why local players seem neglected by Black Stars coaches lately