The UK High Commissioner to Ghana, Jon Benjamin, has dismissed the firmly held Christian truth of the story of Noah’s Ark, dismissing it as nothing but a fairy tale.
Utilising his favourite medium of twitter to respond to a story from the creationist ministry ‘Ark Encounter’ about the number of animals who must have been on the ark (spoiler alert: about 7,000) – Benjamin pinned the number at zero.
Ergo, there never was an ark.
Christian mythology contains the genocidal story of Noah, who was ordered to build an ark by God so he, his family and two of every animal on this planet would survive whilst the Lord commits mass murder via flooding the world. Despite being a carbon copy of the epic of Gilgamesh and other myths in history, it is held as infallible truth by many Christians, mainly because it is written in the ‘infallible’ bible.
Benjamin, a self described agnostic, is obviously is not buying it. “How many animals on Noah’s Ark? The only two possible answers must be millions or none. I’ll go with the latter.” he tweeted early Tuesday.
How many animals on Noah's Ark? The only two possible answers must be millions or none. I'll go with the latter. https://t.co/Rg5mMZGrkP— Jon Benjamin (@JonBenjamin19) December 20, 2016
Criticism of religious doctrines is nothing new for the affable High Commissioner, who laid out his religious views in a couple of tweets a few days ago. When a twitter user asked him if he believed in God, he replied, “I’m agnostic. Meaning, I don’t know. But the fact I don’t know does not make your preferred alternative explanation automatically correct.”
British High Commissioner to Ghana – Jon Benjamin
“I’m sceptically agnostic.” he added. “What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence” – Christopher Hitchens. I await proof.”
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- Ghana not dealing with sexual abuse correctly - Group
- In Katanga, fans want their 'Moses' home to battle Joseph
- Environment the loser in Gabon capital's rush for growth
- DSS Nabs Two Suspected ISIS Leaders In Abuja
- Policeman Fights An Okada Man In Lagos Over N200 Bribe?
- Amazing Benefits of Wearing Deodorants
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- NSMQ 2018: Mawuli School Breaks BIHECO Hearts
- NPP MP Proposes Dialogue Over US-Ghana Visa Restriction
- Ghanaian Seeking Treatment In The UK Denied Visa By UK Government
- Stubborn Hawkers Frustrate AMA Evacuation
- Government Meeting With FIFA Over Anas Video Postponed Indefinitely
- Minority Go Crazy Over $259 Million Tax Waiver For Anglogold Ashanti
- John Kumah Makes Strong Case For One District, One Factory
- Ghana To Get Aerotropolis In Ningo-Prampram
- Kosmos Energy Partners Multimedia Group
- AMA Decongestion Running Out Of Steam
- Weather conditions derailing progress of work at Accra Sports Stadium - Report
- LIVESTREAMING: Badwam on Adom TV
- Speaker registers for new national ID
- Young girl recounts ordeal she went through in the room of a fake pastor
- There's no pride in virginity - Vicky Hammah
- US Commerce secretary visits Ghana, Kenya
- Vicky Hammah narrates how she was drugged; nearly raped
- NPP to sanction Gabby over false Buabeng Asamoah appointment
- George Mensah Okley takes over as new BOST boss
- Akufo-Addo is the only man committed to developing Zongo communities - Akakpo
- Exim Bank explores the natural endowments of the North
- I'm worried for 'Dondon's' safety - Suhuyini
- Batidam quits AU anti-graft board over ‘corruption, abuse of power’
- World Cup 2018: Female reporter 'sexually' harassed whiles covering World Cup
- Internal Politics: NDC owes Rawlings no apology; we’ve done nothing wrong – Asiedu Nketia
- Woman Binds Her Son, Puts Him In Car and Sets It On Fire
- Photo Of Maradona Crying After Argentina Lost 3-0 To Croatia
- Lagos Doctor Orders Nurse To Kneel Down, Flogs Her
- Driver steals N10m goods, arrested while praying for forgiveness
- Angry Nigerians Reacts To Senators, Reps 2018 Budget Padding
- Are NPP Settling For The End Justifies The Means?
- Daniel Asiedu’s “Confession” Is A Crock Of Muck
- Report Reveals Small Pelagic Fish Depleting
- Zylofon CEO Nana Appiah Mensah Supports Chief Imam Education Fund With GHC1 Million
- Visual Arts Should Be Renamed To Appropriately Reflect Content