The UK High Commissioner to Ghana, Jon Benjamin, has dismissed the firmly held Christian truth of the story of Noah’s Ark, dismissing it as nothing but a fairy tale.
Utilising his favourite medium of twitter to respond to a story from the creationist ministry ‘Ark Encounter’ about the number of animals who must have been on the ark (spoiler alert: about 7,000) – Benjamin pinned the number at zero.
Ergo, there never was an ark.
Christian mythology contains the genocidal story of Noah, who was ordered to build an ark by God so he, his family and two of every animal on this planet would survive whilst the Lord commits mass murder via flooding the world. Despite being a carbon copy of the epic of Gilgamesh and other myths in history, it is held as infallible truth by many Christians, mainly because it is written in the ‘infallible’ bible.
Benjamin, a self described agnostic, is obviously is not buying it. “How many animals on Noah’s Ark? The only two possible answers must be millions or none. I’ll go with the latter.” he tweeted early Tuesday.
How many animals on Noah's Ark? The only two possible answers must be millions or none. I'll go with the latter. https://t.co/Rg5mMZGrkP— Jon Benjamin (@JonBenjamin19) December 20, 2016
Criticism of religious doctrines is nothing new for the affable High Commissioner, who laid out his religious views in a couple of tweets a few days ago. When a twitter user asked him if he believed in God, he replied, “I’m agnostic. Meaning, I don’t know. But the fact I don’t know does not make your preferred alternative explanation automatically correct.”
British High Commissioner to Ghana – Jon Benjamin
“I’m sceptically agnostic.” he added. “What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence” – Christopher Hitchens. I await proof.”
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- Ghana, Cote d’Ivoire historic Cocoa floor price to begin in 2020/2021
- Format of 2022 World Cup qualifiers for Africa announced
- ‘I’m really sorry’- Ekuban apologizes to Ghanaians
- 19-year-old Solomon Asuhene is youngest Chartered Accountant
- We'll force Speaker to resign – Fighters
- GCB Bank staff suicide: Colleagues shocked
- Supreme Court orders sale of Woyome’s assets
- 2019 Africa Cup of Nations: Kwesi Appiah puzzled over Black Stars penalty curse
- Don’t learn our bad example - Former Central Bank of Nigeria boss begs Ghana
- Cyber Pirates Target Banks, Telecoms in Ghana – Police Warns
- Prestea Huni-Valley NDC Commends Gold Fields Ghana Limited.
- Herve Renard's Morocco beats Ivory Coast to reach last 16
- NASPA executives applaud Akufo-Addo for rearing for food and jobs programme
- Luxury Vehicle Tax killing us - Dealers cry out
- Innovative NDC Under President John Dramani Mahama Gave Life To The First Class 33km Tarkwa -Damang Asphalt Road
- 6-year-old disabled twin orphans live in abject poverty
- Disclose money used by Short Commission - Kweku Boahen dares Akufo-Addo
- Ghana signs deal to cut carbon emissions and reduce deforestation
- Parliament Made Changes of Select Committees, Ken Agyepong Chairs Local Govt
- PDS Injects GHC15m To Boost Power Supply In Oti Region
- 31 hotels, lodges and hostels shutdown in Eastern region
- "Involve More Women In Peacekeeping Operations"
- John Boye’s absence won’t affect the team – Coach Kwasi Appiah
- Appiah on potential early exit: You must be prepared for anything
- Read judgement: African Court on Human Rights dismisses Woyome case
- Majority Leader proffers 9 reasons for new chamber
- 2019 Africa Cup of Nations: We need VAR in AFCON - Kwesi Appiah
- MP Drags Minister To Parliament Over Spate of Armed Robbery
- Ethiopian referee Bamlak Weyesa to officiate Ghana-Cameroon clash
- You’re ‘criminal’; pay your debt – Maurice Ampaw mocks Woyome
- Stay away from child labour – Cocoa farmers warned
- Cocoa farmer cooperatives to access direct agrochemicals, other from COCOBOD – CEO
- Ayew family holds party for Dede, Jordan and Wakaso upon AFCON return
- Illicit drugs worth GHC1million burnt on World Drugs Day
- Learn to respect Akufo-Addo or risk going to jail - Irbard chides Manasseh
- Simplify your findings to policymakers – Former Nigerian Governor to economists
- NCA Case Lands In Supreme Court
- Kofi Annan ICT Centre, Sunyani Technical Univ collaborate to propel dev’t
- Ghana ready for Cameroon - Kwadwo Asamoah
- 2012 Election Petition: Sammi Awuku recalls his day in Supreme Court
- Nsapor M/A school abandons school block after rains rip-off roofing
- AFCON 2019: Man destroys TV after losing GH¢10k bet in Algeria-Nigeria match